I just saw citizen Kane and Casablanca

Quasar44

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 21, 2020
I feel part of history

Citizen Kane - truly a grand masterpiece despite being a tad boring . Epic scope

Casablanca- Very memorable dialogue and characters.

Utterly amazing how well folks dressed in those days compares to the degenerate garbage of today
Utterly how amazing how old everyone looked . I guess due to everyone smoking

Utterly amazing how well folks dressed in those days compares to the degenerate garbage of today
Utterly how amazing how old everyone looked . I guess due to everyone smoking

One of the most memorable garments in movie history -- Madeleine LeBeau's beaded crop top. You have to see it in motion.

iu

But yeah. Casablanca. The decor was stunning too.

To have and have not
Bad book entertaining movie

Bacall & Dolores Moran smoking hot

The treasure of the sierra Madre ...love that movie

I feel part of history

Citizen Kane - truly a grand masterpiece despite being a tad boring . Epic scope

The old timey acting methods and unrealistic/dramatic lines always take me out of old movies.

there are actually HUMANS who never saw the films Casablanca and Citizen Kane all
the way till NOW?

I've seen Casablanca several times but never seen Citizen Kane.

Maybe it's time.

Voted Number One most years / decades which is all the incentive you need to catch up . Though dropped to number three in latest list .

.https://www.bfi.org.uk/sight-and-sound/greatest-films-all-time

I feel part of history

If you'd like to see Orson Welles in something really good but not quite so cerebral, try "Touch of Evil". That man could do VILLAIN like nobody's business.

If you want to see what BETTER writing and directing can do with the same actors....watch "The Maltese Falcon" and then "Casablanca."

Everybody should watch those two movies! thay are classics! :up:

Forum List

Back