"I lost my job at Carrier after President Trump promised to save it"

What kind of idiot thought a President would save his job?
And he never promised anything of the kind.

The situation wouldn't have been any different under Hillary. Like most here are saying, it is a mistake to put faith in a politician. Which is why I am amused when folks reply that I'm throwing away my vote when those times I choose not to select a (R) or (D).

Last edited:
Lets contrast the two presidents shall we...

Trump - one of his first acts was to save as many Carrier U.S. jobs as he could.

Obama - one of his first acts was to kill a brand new coal mine costing hundreds of workers their jobs. A new coal mine was just days from opening, they had spent millions of dollars and years complying with all the government regulations. Soon after Obama was elected he swooped in and slammed a heap of new regulations and requirements on this mine to kill it. The DEMOCRAT senators from West Virginia were furious and sent Obama a letter to no avail.

What kind of idiot thought a President would save his job?
And he never promised anything of the kind.

The same kind of idiot who still believes that President Trump is competent and a capable leader.

There are many books written on leadership, but in one simple paragraph I can define what a leader is not:

When faced with making a decision, a fuax leader asks him or her self this question first. He or she will ponder how will this decision effect me. Will it help me, or might it harm me. It is always about them, and only then if they decide it will not harm them if things go wrong, they will they make the decision of go.

But when they say go, they make it clear that the responsibility for failure is someone else. They generally do put others at risk, and when things go wrong they fire them. When things go well they pump their chest.

One year ago, President Trump stood before me and thousands of other cheering workers at the Carrier plant in Indianapolis and told us that he was there to save our jobs.

I’ll never forget how it felt. All the months I’d spent worrying — how was I going to pay my bills? How was I going to support my 3-year-old son? How was I going to pick up and move on from a job I loved — all that worry was gone.

Standing there was the guy who made it all possible, the president who had just been elected on a promise that he would stand up for us, the men and women who built this country. I’d never felt so proud to be an American.

Now, a year later, I’ve lost my job.

Yep, that's Trump - promises the moon, delivers rotten cheese wheel.

One year ago, President Trump stood before me and thousands of other cheering workers at the Carrier plant in Indianapolis and told us that he was there to save our jobs.

I’ll never forget how it felt. All the months I’d spent worrying — how was I going to pay my bills? How was I going to support my 3-year-old son? How was I going to pick up and move on from a job I loved — all that worry was gone.

Standing there was the guy who made it all possible, the president who had just been elected on a promise that he would stand up for us, the men and women who built this country. I’d never felt so proud to be an American.

Yep, that's Trump.
And Carrier still got the huge tax deal from the state. An art of a deal.

Yep, that's Trump.

Did they get millions from the government to launch a car into space????

Yep, that's Trump.

That would have been impressive. Instead they got millions to ship jobs away to Mexico :rofl:

All so Trump could get a photo-op and fool your dumb ass :lmao:

Yep, that's Trump.

That would have been impressive. Instead they got millions to ship jobs away to Mexico :rofl:

All so Trump couldnget a photo-op and fool your dumb ass :lmao:

What are you just a one trick pony?

Yep, that's Trump.

All so Trump couldnget a photo-op and fool your dumb ass :lmao:

What are you just a one trick pony?
What are you even talking about? :cuckoo:

Yep, that's Trump.

Off topic. When you have nothing to offer, don't post.

Yep, that's Trump.

It's not off topic, I was responding to the post above

Yep, that's Trump.

Poorly

Yep, that's Trump.

Poorly

No you just couldn't refute what I posted..

500.jpg

Forum List

Back