I love it! CHURCH VOWS WAR ON OBAMA 'FIGHT IN STREETS'

This looks like a good idea:

The White House had been looking at a Hawaiian state law that requires employers to notify their employees that they do not offer the coverage. The employees can then buy the coverage directly from an insurer. The coverage is provided at a low cost, as the insurer saves money by offering the coverage by reducing pregnancies.

These change catalysts are aggressive and I believe are the appropriate direction. In time, this coverage will be an offering. For today, the dialogue is on the table. Good first step.

Somehow I think the church is still going to object but it will be harder for them to do so since they've been operating under these rules in several states.

And look, another anti-American pos jumps on the "we'll make the constitution say what we think it should say!" bandwagon!

I know what it says. You don't.

And isn't it funny that you'd rather see more abortions than facilitate women choosing to use birth control.

Wow. Hitting the bottle a little early today? I guess it's almost the weekend....

PS...you're lying. From "I" to "." in that post.

Does recognition somehow make you a better person?

How sad.

I feel sorry for you.

Do not feel sorry for me, I am happy when you are obviously miserable.

"Whine - One - One, what is your emergency?"

"Yea, hi, we have a poster requiring an immediate removal of head from ass. The head is apparently recognizable which makes him/her very important in New York. He thinks said head is really important as an anonymous poster on a messageboard. Poster may also require a reality check focusing on his inability to read the emotions of anonymous posters"

:lol:

Still miserable and cannot stand someone who is happy?

Do not feel sorry for me, I am happy when you are obviously miserable.

"Yea, hi, we have a poster requiring an immediate removal of head from ass. The head is apparently recognizable which makes him/her very important in New York. He thinks said head is really important as an anonymous poster on a messageboard. Poster may also require a reality check focusing on his inability to read the emotions of anonymous posters"

Still making up shit about other people?

Have at it.

It's funny. :lol:

Still making up shit about other people?

Have at it.

It's funny. :lol:

I make up the obvious, pretty good.

It would be breaking the First Amendment for Congress to write special rules exempting Catholic charity public institutions from the rule , imho....and I bet 10 to 1 that if this ever makes it through the courts, that I am correct.

"congress shall make no law......" giving these institutions special treatment....
No. That is a statement that protects liberty of ALL individuals.

Come back when you learn the Founders and the founding documents. :eusa_hand:

Wasn't aware that included supporting a church of Pedophiles. I thought that conservatives were against that sort of thing.

I mean, come on Pope Scumwad XVI was the guy who decided that altar boys molested by priests had to sign non-disclosure agreements...

yeah, that's what a "house of God" does.

^Bigot

I grew up Catholic.

You know what the first thing most of us figured out at an early age?

Don't let yourself be alone in a room with a priest.

We all knew what they were. Our Parents all knew what they were. They just put up with it because they were too cowed and afraid of the Sky Pixie to actually object to the bullshit.

Except, finally, people spoke out, and sued, and the Church paid out a shitload of money. But then they put non-disclosure agreements in the settlements.

I restate my claim...bigot.

It would be breaking the First Amendment for Congress to write special rules exempting Catholic charity public institutions from the rule , imho....and I bet 10 to 1 that if this ever makes it through the courts, that I am correct.

"congress shall make no law......" giving these institutions special treatment....

"giving these institutions special treatments".

Where exactly is that in the Constitution?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

"giving these institutions special treatments".

Where exactly is that in the Constitution?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Indeed. that happens when you cease looking at people as Individuals as the Consdtitution was engineered to do to protect the individual...and look at the world through the prism of groupthink.

It's a nasty malady.

Let's cut the B.S. This is not about "women's health". When did that become a euphemism for population control?

If a nurse, professor, secretary, etc. WORKING at a Catholic institution wants birth control, or an abortion, or a vasectomy for her man, he or she can get it. Her employer just won't pay for it. There are plenty of "health-related services" that some employers don't offer or insurers don't cover. And while the Obamacare supporters think that everyone should be covered for everything at no cost to the employees, that is simply magical thinking.

We should all expect to see our plans to change to exclude previously covered expenses. Stay tuned.

Catholic hospitals will close their doors before they will offer abortion services, including the morning after pill. Be careful what you wish for.

Let's cut the B.S. This is not about "women's health". When did that become a euphemism for population control?

If a nurse, professor, secretary, etc. WORKING at a Catholic institution wants birth control, or an abortion, or a vasectomy for her man, he or she can get it. Her employer just won't pay for it. There are plenty of "health-related services" that some employers don't offer or insurers don't cover. And while the Obamacare supporters think that everyone should be covered for everything at no cost to the employees, that is simply magical thinking.

We should all expect to see our plans to change to exclude previously covered expenses. Stay tuned.

Catholic hospitals will close their doors before they will offer abortion services, including the morning after pill. Be careful what you wish for.
Another one that is okay with other forms of preventative care covered but not this one.

At this point I don't care if the Catholic hospitals close. They are getting over 60% of their funding from government. Someone else will happily step in, prolly the Seventh Day Adventists.

A interesting distraction from the church's legal issues and loss of students over legal costs and increased tuition, as well as the improvement in charter schools. Does anyone know an American Catholic who today does not use birth control? Much ado about nothing but so much of today's politics is about nothing.

"I don't care if Catholic hospitals close". Spoken like a true liberal.

Virtue is on the left is defined by what they think. On the right, it's about what we do.
13 Largest Non-Profit Hospital Systems By Number of Hospitals

Catholic Health Initiatives (Denver, Colo.). Catholic Health Initiatives is a faith-based, national healthcare system headquartered in Denver. The system currently operates 78 hospitals, including 22 critical-access facilities and 30 rural hospitals, in 20 states. The system oversees 40 long-term care, assisted- and residential-living facilities and two community health-services organizations.

Ascension Health (St. Louis, Mo.). Ascension Health, based in St. Louis, Mo., is one of the nation's largest Catholic and non-profit health systems, with 67 acute-care hospitals and locations in 20 states and the District of Columbia.

Ascension Health is led by Anthony R. Tersigni, EdD, FACHE, president and CEO. Dr. Tersigni previously served as executive vice president and COO of Ascension Health and was president and CEO of St. John Health in Detroit, Mich., Ascension's largest integrated health system.

Trinity Health (Novi, Mich.). Trinity Health, located in Novi, Mich., consists of 44 hospitals (32 owned, 12 managed), 379 outpatient clinics/facilities, numerous long-term care facilities, home health and hospice programs and senior housing communities in seven states. Trinity Health identifies itself as a Unified Enterprise Ministry. The system is sponsored by Catholic Health Ministries.

Catholic Healthcare West (San Francisco, Calif.). Catholic Healthcare West hospitals and facilities provide care to communities in Arizona, California and Nevada, and the system includes 41 hospitals, medical clinics, home health organizations, two health plans and five medical practice groups. Founded in 1986, the health system was formed when two congregations of the Sisters of Mercy joined their 10 hospitals together. Today, CHW is the largest hospital system in California. In fiscal year 2008, CHW provided $967 million in community benefits and care of the poor.

Adventist Health System (Winter Park, Fla.). Adventist Health System, based in Winter Park, Fla., is the largest non-profit Protestant healthcare provider in the nation and supports 37 hospitals and many other types of facilities in 12 states. Adventist Health System's flagship, Florida Hospital, is one of the largest healthcare providers in America and a national leader in cardiac care.

Kaiser Foundation Hospitals (Oakland, Calif.). Kaiser Foundation Hospitals is part of Kaiser Permanente, the nation's largest non-profit healthcare system, which service 8.6 million people across the country. Currently, the Kaiser Foundation Hospitals consists of 35 hospitals, with a 36th facility joining the group in Oct. 2009. Kaiser Permanente was founded in 1945 to address the challenge of providing Americans medical care during the Great Depression and World War II, when most people could not afford healthcare.

Catholic Health East (Newtown Square, Pa.). Catholic Health East is a multi-institutional Catholic health system, which is co-sponsored by nine religious congregations and Hope Ministries, a Public Juridic Person within Catholic Health East. The system includes 34 acute-care hospitals, four long-term acute-care hospitals, 25 freestanding and hospital-based long-term care facilities, 14 assisted living facilities, four continuing care retirement communities, eight behavioral health and rehabilitation facilities, 32 home health/hospice agencies and numerous ambulatory and community-based health services located in 11 eastern states from Maine to Florida.

Catholic Healthcare Partners (Cincinnati, Ohio). Catholic Healthcare Partners is the largest non-profit health system in Ohio and one of the largest in the nation, with facilities in Indiana, Kentucky, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Tennessee and nearby states. CHP includes 33 hospitals as well as long-term care facilities, housing sites for the elderly, home health agencies, hospice programs and wellness centers. The system was founded in 1986 by the Sisters of Mercy, Regional Community of Cincinnati and now includes five co-sponsoring Catholic organizations.

Iowa Health System (Des Moines, Iowa). Founded in 1995, Iowa Health System is Iowa's largest integrated health system. Iowa Health provides services throughout Iowa and western Illinois and operates 26 hospitals in metropolitan and rural communities. The Health System also employs the state's largest non-profit workforce and brings in annual revenues of $2 billion.

Providence Health & Services (Seattle, Wash.). Providence Health & Services, based in Seattle, is a non-profit health system with facilities in five states: Alaska, Washington, Montana, Oregon and California. Providence Health includes 26 hospitals as well as non-acute facilities, physicians clinics, a liberal arts university and a high school. In 2008, Providence Health provided $508 million in community benefit programs and services.

Sutter Health (Sacramento, Calif.). Sutter Health is one of the country's largest community-based non-profit healthcare providers in more than 100 communities in northern California. Sutter Health supports 25 locally run acute-care hospitals. It also oversees physician organizations; medical research facilities; region-wide home health, hospice and occupational health networks; and long-term care centers. It is the regional leader in infant deliveries, neonatology, pediatrics and cancer care services.

Carolinas HealthCare System (Charlotte, N.C.). Carolinas HealthCare System is the Carolinas' largest healthcare system and is one of the nation's largest public non-profit health systems. The network consists of 25 hospitals in North and South Carolina and more than 300 care locations. CHS's flagship facility is Carolinas Medical Center, an 874-bed hospital in Charlotte, N.C., with a Level I trauma center, a research institute and a large number of specialty treatment units including heart, cancer, organ transplant and behavioral health. CMC also serves as one of North Carolina's five Academic Medical Center Teaching Hospitals, providing residency training for more than 240 physicians in 18 specialties. In 2008, CHS provided $770 million in community benefits among its hospitals and affiliates.

Marian Health System (Tulsa, Okla.). Marian Health System is a Catholic, non-profit healthcare system, sponsored by the Sisters of the Sorrowful Mother. The system is comprised of three regional systems, based in Wichita, Kan., Tulsa, Okla., and Milwaukee, Wis. Marian Health has 25 hospitals in four states across the country.

13 Largest Non-Profit Hospital Systems By Number of Hospitals | Lists and Statistics

Last edited:

No one is telling them they have to. Just that they have to offer the coverage to their employees.

Look, the Catholic Church doesn't run schools or hospitals out of the goodness of their hearts. They run them because they make money.

For instance, when my neice went to her Catholic HS, 1/3 of the kids there weren't even Catholics. They even had a Muslim girl in the class. They send their kids there because the Chicago Public Schools are so God-Awful (if you pardon the phrase). Which means that in order to take that Muslim kid who got sent there so she would require an honor killing later, the Catholic Church had to turn down a Catholic Kid whose parents couldn't come up with the bucks to pay the tuition.

So money was more important than faith. Little Fatimah's family could come up with the bucks. Who gives a crap about the religion. IN fact, my sister's complaint was that they soft-sold the Catholicism.

And once you become a money-making scheme, you realy can't cry religion when you have to comply with the same business regulations everyone else has to.

Yep. They make money and they help people - as most for profit and non-profits do.

Our local Catholic school serves non-Catholics as well. Should that be prohibited? Should Catholic hospitals and schools only serve Catholics?

What's your point?

Last edited:
Works for me.

Well no shit, sparky.

Jeez, a stupid fuck communist is okay with the Soviet system...

What's next? Bees that like flowers?

Let's apply the fraud laws to religion.

Let's apply a boot to your stupid ass.

If Listerine can't claim that it prevents colds because there's no science to back that up, how does Catholicism get off saying you can get into heaven after you die?

Or better yet, how do you get off claiming Obama is a great president?

Never claimed he was. In fact there are a lot of posts where I'm pretty clear on my opinion that he's an awful president.

But he's right on this issue.

Make it simple for you. My hatred of religion is greater than my hatred of Obama. Obama's only been pissing me off for about four years. Religion has been pissing me off for decades.

But again, answer the question, moron. Why should the Church get huge tax breaks that other businesses don't get? Why should the church be able to make claims that they can't substantiate.

Churches are businesses. And we have laws on businesses that essentially keep them from cheating us at every oppurtunity. Why not apply those laws to the churches.

Sounds fair to me.

Forum List

Back