I made a nice hot cup of cocoa and snuggled up to many old 2016 election night clips on YT...

If this is you pretending to be a centrist you need a new hobby.

I have never claimed to be a centrist or anything of the sort. A centrist has moderate political views, there is nothing moderate about my views.

You people are just too fucking stupid to understand that one can stand outside of the party sheep pens yet still hold strong views.

If I were a Trombie, I’d also look to election night 2016 for inspiration. After all, when he shocked himself and barely won the presidency on an outdated technicality while getting fewer votes than his opponent, it was his finest moment. It’s the last time you felt like winners. You’ve been sadly disappointed ever since.

It’s also fitting that you look to images of Americans being upset by the results rather than those of people celebrating them. Because that’s what’s most important to you.

Well done. Morons.

Good times those.

A few observations, outside of the tears and anger, as I now look back three years, is the absolute disregard and utter ignorance on how Trump could achieve his campaign goals.

1. "experts say a wall will not work". Can anyone explain to me how a wall is somehow worse than not having a wall? People are so insane they disregard physical science of a barrier(s). Who are these "experts"?

2. "Trump will not be able to bring back jobs to America." They were so convinced that the global economy was so integrated that there was no possible way America could avoid it in dealing with China. As if somehow this had magically just always been there and could not be reversed or confronted. It is the Wests obligation ot lose industries and jobs.

3. The arrogance of the media and elitists. It bothered them greatly, still bothers them today, but try as they might, Trump and America continue to fight back. They refused to believe this was possible, they claimed to know what it best and still claim to know what's best.

It's unreal, but judging by what I have seen, it's safe to say some have not learned their lesson. There were a few solemn calls to understand what happened and how Trump reached out to Middle America, but to this day, have the MSM or his opponents really proposed anything better since 2016?

Here is the best video of the 2016 election, enjoy!!

Madcow lost her shit. LOL

Good times those.

A few observations, outside of the tears and anger, as I now look back three years, is the absolute disregard and utter ignorance on how Trump could achieve his campaign goals.

1. "experts say a wall will not work". Can anyone explain to me how a wall is somehow worse than not having a wall? People are so insane they disregard physical science of a barrier(s). Who are these "experts"?

2. "Trump will not be able to bring back jobs to America." They were so convinced that the global economy was so integrated that there was no possible way America could avoid it in dealing with China. As if somehow this had magically just always been there and could not be reversed or confronted. It is the Wests obligation ot lose industries and jobs.

3. The arrogance of the media and elitists. It bothered them greatly, still bothers them today, but try as they might, Trump and America continue to fight back. They refused to believe this was possible, they claimed to know what it best and still claim to know what's best.

It's unreal, but judging by what I have seen, it's safe to say some have not learned their lesson. There were a few solemn calls to understand what happened and how Trump reached out to Middle America, but to this day, have the MSM or his opponents really proposed anything better since 2016?
I hope your life becomes more interesting because the day I start to watch old election clips for entertainement is the day I realize life has gotton past me. Ice fishing should be good up there.

Good times those.

I hope your life becomes more interesting because the day I start to watch old election clips for entertainement is the day I realize life has gotton past me. Ice fishing should be good up there.

I felt like Clark Griswold in Christmas Vacation when he gets stuck up in the attic and pulls out some old Christmas footage. It brought a tender tear to my eye watching the biggest upset in political history and how everyone was losing their heads and exclaiming "he can't do anything he promised, you are all in for a rude awakening!" And, "America may not survive the next four years!"

These people were sick, but entertaining.

Good times those.

I felt like Clark Griswold in Christmas Vacation when he gets stuck up in the attic and pulls out some old Christmas footage. It brought a tender tear to my eye watching the biggest upset in political history and how everyone was losing their heads and exclaiming "he can't do anything he promised, you are all in for a rude awakening!" And, "America may not survive the next four years!"

Well I guess some people would rather watch light flicker across a screen. I prefer a fish at the end of a line, nice goose to pluck and cook,may be golf club in my hand or a female half my age to warm me up. I guess to each his own.

Good times those.

Well I guess some people would rather watch light flicker across a screen. I prefer a fish at the end of a line, nice goose to pluck and cook,may be golf club in my hand or a female half my age to warm me up. I guess to each his own.

:laugh:

You'd really fall sleep then if you saw some of the learning I'm doing for personal enjoyment. Try and work through calculus equations that are 12 notations deep or applying an algorithm that takes 45 minutes to work its way through the data on 5 short epochs. lol.

I've always been cerebral, it's always just been a challenge for me to find a good match as I get bored quickly. You sound like one to live life to it's fullest, I'm one who can't do that right now but I can keep my neurons firing as best I can.

The title was a bit facetious on my part. From time to time it can be fun to remember what people thought compared to the actual outcomes. So many, so wrong.

Good times those.

You'd really fall sleep then if you saw some of the learning I'm doing for personal enjoyment. Try and work through calculus equations that are 12 notations deep or applying an algorithm that takes 45 minutes to work its way through the data on 5 short epochs. lol.

I've always been cerebral, it's always just been a challenge for me to find a good match as I get bored quickly. You sound like one to live life to it's fullest, I'm one who can't do that right now but I can keep my neurons firing as best I can.

The title was a bit facetious on my part. From time to time it can be fun to remember what people thought compared to the actual outcomes. So many, so wrong.
Ya, four years of civil engineering did that shit 30 years ago. Stop engineering and apprasing four years ago to start fishing charters. Wish I had done it long before. If cerebral you should know about the balence between mental and physical health. After years of next to no excercise and nothing but being behind a computer this new balence is a much better existance.

Good times those.

Ya, four years of civil engineering did that shit 30 years ago. Stop engineering and apprasing four years ago to start fishing charters. Wish I had done it long before. If cerebral you should know about the balence between mental and physical health. After years of next to no excercise and nothing but being behind a computer this new balence is a much better existance.

Who said I don't exercise? lol.

I bet I walk in the top 1-2% of the population, since we sold our vehicle. We don't have any alternative, since my wife has been sick.

I bet I walk in the top 1-2% of the population, since we sold our vehicle. We don't have any alternative, since my wife has been sick.
Yep, walking. That is realy pushing the envelope.

Hey, I've done my time in the gym, now I take it easy.

Hey, I've done my time in the gym, now I take it easy.
Kinda how I feel about design work or appraisal. SO I feel you. Got a buddy right now doing some subdivision developement wants me to do some work but I am just not interested any more. On to the next thing inlife.

Forum List

Back