I may have gotten the impeachment thing all wrong

Come on man, are you seriously trying to make the case that the Dems didnt try and get these things while in the house?! You need to find a better argument.
Ignoring Executive Privilege is not a valid attempt to 'get things'.

Nadler tried to 'get things' to when he ordered the US AG, the top law ENFORCER in the United States, to BREAK THE LAW....and then CENSURED him for REFUELING to BREAK THE LAW!

You need to abandon this argument.

The admin has never claimed executive privilege. Not one time.

You did not have the courage to rebut the points I made when I outted you as a partisan pathological liar engaged in partisan hyperbole, rhetoric and propaganda.

You are persona non grata to me, snow flake.

You won't even defend your indefensible post.
I dont care to defend myself because my personal feelings make no difference to the points I’m debating. Going personal is a weak distraction tactic. You can have the point and think whatever you want. I’m a hypocritical partisan snowflake. Ok now what?
You are right in your assessment. The bottom line is this: Trumpers do not care that Trump sought to abuse his office, extort a nation state and demand a quid pro quo. They will gladly concede that he did so. They contend that Trump did not commit a crime and therefore he cannot be impeached, convicted and removed from office. That is their argument.

So, their reasoning is if it is not a crime and a President can only be impeached for a crime the impeachment proceeding was invalid. (There is considerable evidence in the Federalist Papers among other sources that this view is wrong and in my opinion it is. You don't need a crime to impeach a president).

So what Trumpers are saying is if the President wants to declassify our nuclear codes and give them to his good friend and likely handler, V. Putin, or publish them on the internet, he can do so because the President can declassify information and if he wants to do that, well that is his prerogative. Declassifying intelligence is a presidential prerogative therefor non-impeachable.

But Trumpers go beyond that even.

Trump himself argues that while in office the president is immune form prosecution. That is similar to the laws of immunity they have in Brazil for its president. Trump's attorneys have argued that if Trump shoots someone on fifth avenue, commits rape, mass murder, whatever he is still immune from prosecution while in office.

That is their view.

Welcome to Trumplandia.

Impeachment is the resolution for a President that was guilty of committing a misdemeanor, high crime, bribery or treason. Trump did none of these things. Now if you want to go down this road that a crime is not needed, remember your team set is setting that precedent right now, and payback is a bitch.
So, the precedent you are fine with is that any President of the United States can use the powers of the presidency to force and coerce another nation state to spy on a domestic political opponent for personal and political gain. Let's take that further. Your view is that Trump can use the State Department as own personal foreign relations office and the DOJ as his own personal praetorian guard. That is what Trump is doing and apparently you are fine with it. Yeah..don't give me that crap about payback. It is the nation that will be forever scarred by the actions of the maniac in office and those that have enabled him.
Oh, my goodness. Junior is all caught up. We can fix it!!!
OIP.T1LNBp2PfFJ6yCeY2pOnVQHaFj

One cup every morning until the fake verbiage disappears! :D
Thanks, but no thanks. I will forward this post to this guy. He looks like he can use some:
upload_2020-1-22_17-45-47.jpeg

Last edited:
The house was doing an investigation... it’s a different process than the senate trail... and the grade school excuse, “they did it so we can do it” doesn’t carry much weight with me

Please taker a refresher in Civics. The House had its opportunity to do an investigation. They decided to forgo issuing subpeonas for witnesses, and instead created a fake crime of "Obstruction of Congress". They voted on their cooked up fake impeachment charges. And now, it is the Senate's role to hold a hearing. The House gets to present its case; it is not the role of the Senate to do a new investigation for them.

Get a grip.
they didn’t forgo subpoenas. They issued them and they were either ignored or they were sued... so the Dems went with what they go and are now pursuing the docs and witnesses in the senate trial

No, they didn't. For the subpeonas to be valid, the entire House had to formally vote to approve the impeachment inquiry. They didn't.
they literally got sued for issuing a subpoena to Trumps lawyer and were told by the white house that any other subpoenas would be ignored and taken to court.

Come on man, are you seriously trying to make the case that the Dems didnt try and get these things while in the house?! You need to find a better argument.

Please look up the definition of "Executive Privilege" and what it means in the Constitution.

Pelosi purposefully did not hold a vote in the house to approve the Impeachment inquiry. The subpoenas were not enforceable; she did not want Trump to exercise Executive Privilege by issuing legal challenges that would delay her actions to address the supposed National Emergency (which somehow wasn't quite so serious given that she delayed sending docs to the Senate for weeks).
Please look up the definition of "Executive Privilege" and what it means in the Constitution.

Please show where the Trump admin ever claimed executive privilege.

Nadler tried to 'get things' to when he ordered the US AG, the top law ENFORCER in the United States, to BREAK THE LAW....and then CENSURED him for REFUELING to BREAK THE LAW!

If the Executive states and asserts a privilege granted to him by The Constitution that you cannot have this, or you cannot have that, or you cannot discuss this topic with that person, what is that?

So are you saying that you have to say a "Magic Word" before someone allows you your Civil Rights and Due Process?

The time for witnesses and production of documentary evidence was in the House. If they think the case requires it, they can withdraw the Articles, hold more hearings, and include anything they want. Lord know the Republicans in the House don't have the votes to stop them.

All of these demands are phony as hell. Does any knowledgeable person really think that John Bolton will be the Rosetta Stone that makes the case for removal? That is delusional.

The House had their clown show and nobody on the left objected. They did what they want, silenced who they wanted, and conducted it their way. Now the Senate is doing the same, and all of a sudden it's unfair.

Let me tell you what's unfair, and that is having this impeachment without knowing who is responsible for making the charges. The so-called whistleblower is anonymous, so is the person that provided him or her the information, and they cannot be addressed.

Can you tell me why the Senate Republicans would help the Democrats after these phony charges were made; charges with no crime; charges that aren't even impeachable according to the US Constitution? It's ridiculous already. The Senate Republicans are not going to support the deep state. Election is less than a year away, if Americans don't want Trump in office anymore, that should be our decision, not the commies.
The house did an inquiry. The senate is responsible for having a trial. Two very different things and as I just said. Two wrongs, don’t make a right

And the Senate IS having a trial, but they are not about to allow the Democrats tell them how to proceed with one or extend their clown show with the House. You wanted an impeachment trial, then here it is. If you don't like how they are conducting it, then it's only fair because we didn't like how they conducted their inquiry.
why do you think it’s a clown show to see documents showing direct communication and witnesses who had direct access to trumps directives? Wouldn’t that clear Trump if he did nothing wrong?

One would think so. If they were innocent that is.
Why aren't you mad at Nazi's Clowns for not doing their job in the House?

They did their job. The Senate is not.

by ignoring one groups actions and attacking another group for doing the same thing
I don’t think pointing at another groups actions excise the actions of the group I wrote this OP about so I’m trying to keep the topic on point and not go down the whataboutism rabbit hole.

But the point is that the Democrats ran their show they way they wanted, and it's only fair the Republicans do the same. If somebody moons you, you moon them right back.
yes, if youre a child

The House had their inquiry, and now demanding the Republicans continue their inquiry. That is an unreasonable request. You have your inquiry, end it, and send it to us. That's the way it works.
the house had their inquiry and decided to file charges... the senate is now expected to hold a trial, not vote on what they saw happen in the house. Watch some law and order or something and observe what a trial is. It shouldn’t be that complicated
Sorry, the Demmie sham is over. What you are seeing now is a fair trial. Pity you didn't know.

Please taker a refresher in Civics. The House had its opportunity to do an investigation. They decided to forgo issuing subpeonas for witnesses, and instead created a fake crime of "Obstruction of Congress". They voted on their cooked up fake impeachment charges. And now, it is the Senate's role to hold a hearing. The House gets to present its case; it is not the role of the Senate to do a new investigation for them.

Get a grip.
they didn’t forgo subpoenas. They issued them and they were either ignored or they were sued... so the Dems went with what they go and are now pursuing the docs and witnesses in the senate trial

No, they didn't. For the subpeonas to be valid, the entire House had to formally vote to approve the impeachment inquiry. They didn't.
they literally got sued for issuing a subpoena to Trumps lawyer and were told by the white house that any other subpoenas would be ignored and taken to court.

Pelosi purposefully did not hold a vote in the house to approve the Impeachment inquiry. The subpoenas were not enforceable; she did not want Trump to exercise Executive Privilege by issuing legal challenges that would delay her actions to address the supposed National Emergency (which somehow wasn't quite so serious given that she delayed sending docs to the Senate for weeks).

Please show where the Trump admin ever claimed executive privilege.
Every time he states that you cannot have this document or that document or interview this person or that person that IS Executive Privilege.

Is he supposed to say "THE MAGIC WORD?"

Idiot

You did not have the courage to rebut the points I made when I outted you as a partisan pathological liar engaged in partisan hyperbole, rhetoric and propaganda.

You are persona non grata to me, snow flake.

You won't even defend your indefensible post.
I dont care to defend myself because my personal feelings make no difference to the points I’m debating. Going personal is a weak distraction tactic. You can have the point and think whatever you want. I’m a hypocritical partisan snowflake. Ok now what?
You are right in your assessment. The bottom line is this: Trumpers do not care that Trump sought to abuse his office, extort a nation state and demand a quid pro quo. They will gladly concede that he did so. They contend that Trump did not commit a crime and therefore he cannot be impeached, convicted and removed from office. That is their argument.

So, their reasoning is if it is not a crime and a President can only be impeached for a crime the impeachment proceeding was invalid. (There is considerable evidence in the Federalist Papers among other sources that this view is wrong and in my opinion it is. You don't need a crime to impeach a president).

So what Trumpers are saying is if the President wants to declassify our nuclear codes and give them to his good friend and likely handler, V. Putin, or publish them on the internet, he can do so because the President can declassify information and if he wants to do that, well that is his prerogative. Declassifying intelligence is a presidential prerogative therefor non-impeachable.

Trump himself argues that while in office the president is immune form prosecution. That is similar to the laws of immunity they have in Brazil for its president. Trump's attorneys have argued that if Trump shoots someone on fifth avenue, commits rape, mass murder, whatever he is still immune from prosecution while in office.

That is their view.

Welcome to Trumplandia.

Impeachment is the resolution for a President that was guilty of committing a misdemeanor, high crime, bribery or treason. Trump did none of these things. Now if you want to go down this road that a crime is not needed, remember your team set is setting that precedent right now, and payback is a bitch.
So, the precedent you are fine with is that any President of the United States can use the powers of the presidency to force and coerce another nation state to spy on a domestic political opponent for personal and political gain. Let's take that further. Your view is that Trump can use the State Department as own personal foreign relations office and the DOJ as his own personal praetorian guard. That is what Trump is doing and apparently you are fine with it. Yeah..don't give me that crap about payback. It is the nation that will be forever scarred by the actions of the maniac in office and those that have enabled him.
The Precedent you want to set is To MAKE AN UNFOUNDED ACCUSATION, and Then Violate Every Civil Right and DUE PROCESS there is to try to Prove Your False Accusation True.

You have no evidence. You cannot even cite a violation of US Code.
That is not the point. Contrary to what you say there is overwhelming evidence that Trump sought a quid pro quo from Zelensky. The point is most Trump supporters don't care he extorted a nation state. You just don't.

The house did an inquiry. The senate is responsible for having a trial. Two very different things and as I just said. Two wrongs, don’t make a right

And the Senate IS having a trial, but they are not about to allow the Democrats tell them how to proceed with one or extend their clown show with the House. You wanted an impeachment trial, then here it is. If you don't like how they are conducting it, then it's only fair because we didn't like how they conducted their inquiry.
why do you think it’s a clown show to see documents showing direct communication and witnesses who had direct access to trumps directives? Wouldn’t that clear Trump if he did nothing wrong?

Bullshit. Get an education on how impeachment works.

The House investigates and makes a case, then presents it to the Senate. The Senate then decides to impeach or acquit. The Senate does not investigate.

Get a clue for once in your pathetic life.

Don't you have to shave The Ayatollah's Assahollah? You aren't doing your job in destroying our Democracy, and you FAILED, FAILED, FAILED.

Adolph Schiffler is the best you got?

How about you go start Nazi Germany some where else, just not here.

I’ve been pretty outspoken on how bad of an idea I thought this impeachment move would be for our government and our country. I saw the transition from the House to the Republican controlled Senate bringing a change in focus from Trumps actions to Biden corruption. It doesn’t appear that the Republicans are taking that route. I’ve seen the conservative media blitz working overtime on Biden corruption trying to shine the spotlight on that narrative, that tactic is in full swing, but in the capitol it looks like a race to dismissal.

It was rather astonishing to listen to the Republicans dismiss amendment after amendment after clear documentation and witnesses were presented that would add direct supporting material to the accusations.

It is very clear that the Republicans are not interested in finding the truth, seeing the facts, or even allowing the Dems to use the facts to present their case. They seem to just want to defend the president and dismiss the case. It stinks to high heaven and coming from somebody who doesn’t think Trump should be impeached I will say this path that Trump and the Reps are going down is looking more and more like a dirty cover up. When I first heard the Dems use that term it sounded like political hyperbole... After day 1 it’s sounding pretty spot on

The amendments were designed to drag the process out as far as possible, add new charges not part of the articles, and basically make the whole thing a shit show. If they allowed one side to bring in new evidence, they would have opened a floodgate.

The House was supposed to make it's case via the articles themselves, not with added bullshit afterwards.

Yup. It was up to the House to make the case, not the Senate. If the House didn't do its job then to bad.
Nobody is asking the senate to make the case. That’s up to the house managers to do. They just want permission to access and present all evidence during the trial

Fuck you are not picking anything up, are you? That has already been done. That phase is OVER. They already Impeached him. They don't need anymore evidence. They obviously have enough. It was OVERWHELMING. Debating the removal of a president in the Senate doesn't include fucking DISCOVERY. Get over it.

Stop being a partisan hack
Listen to yourself. I have no partisan agenda here. I don’t want Trump removed from office. I want him voted out. But I do want the truth to come out. Why don’t you?

I'm done trying to help you out. You don't even read and/or understand any of the posts I've made. You refuse to address my points. You have none, zero, null, zilch, nada, empty set, etc.... that even matter to the issue except "truth". The truth is the dems have been trying to put something together on impeachment of Trump since the election (and even before!). They found some weak ass sauce and are trying their best to fulfill their promise to get the election reversed through impeachment. It has to be one of the single worse things that could happen to our nation because their agenda wasn't to impeach him on this Ukraine matter, it was to impeach him at all costs. No matter what they dug up. It's fucking disgusting and you should think so too. Impeachment coup. That's what it amounts to. The charges are fucking weak at best and do not rise to the level of impeachment and removal. It could (and probably will) impact our political system for years to come and quite honestly it might even ruin our Great Experiment.

Go ahead, fuck everything up the forefathers put in place. Good luck to you and the future of this nation. Cuz if he is removed or not, there will be hell to pay and we'll all be paying.

That is their view.

Welcome to Trumplandia.

The Precedent you want to set is To MAKE AN UNFOUNDED ACCUSATION, and Then Violate Every Civil Right and DUE PROCESS there is to try to Prove Your False Accusation True.

That is not the point. Contrary to what you say there is overwhelming evidence that Trump sought a quid pro quo from Zelensky. The point is most Trump supporters don't care he extorted a nation state. You just don't.
You didn't say "THE MAGIC WORD"

Joe Biden:
"If you don't fire the prosecutor investigating my son, you don't get the millions!"

I’ve been pretty outspoken on how bad of an idea I thought this impeachment move would be for our government and our country. I saw the transition from the House to the Republican controlled Senate bringing a change in focus from Trumps actions to Biden corruption. It doesn’t appear that the Republicans are taking that route. I’ve seen the conservative media blitz working overtime on Biden corruption trying to shine the spotlight on that narrative, that tactic is in full swing, but in the capitol it looks like a race to dismissal.

It was rather astonishing to listen to the Republicans dismiss amendment after amendment after clear documentation and witnesses were presented that would add direct supporting material to the accusations.

It is very clear that the Republicans are not interested in finding the truth, seeing the facts, or even allowing the Dems to use the facts to present their case. They seem to just want to defend the president and dismiss the case. It stinks to high heaven and coming from somebody who doesn’t think Trump should be impeached I will say this path that Trump and the Reps are going down is looking more and more like a dirty cover up. When I first heard the Dems use that term it sounded like political hyperbole... After day 1 it’s sounding pretty spot on

The evidence is overwhelming. Let's vote to impeach.

Later in the senate:

We need more evidence because we don't have enough.

YCMTSU.
That’s not what I’m hearing... they think they have enough. But they also want more, why wouldn’t they want more?. They want the stuff Trump blocked them from getting. Can you blame them?

Everyone should want to hear more. Unless of course they know it would not help their case. In which case the fix is in and the entirety of the Republican congress is complicit.

Which is total horseshit.

The democrats are constantly searching for anything they can conflate into a mountain.

Why the fuck would we give them any help in doing this.

If there was a way to have a focused trial, that would be great. It's not going to happen.

Russiagate....

Collusion.....

This gate....

That gate.....

Moving on from one to the next to the next.

You guys not only suck, you have pretty much guaranteed his re-election.
Yeah, Demmies are good at Gates and Moving Goal Posts every whicha way.
OIP.-Zi7u8sRjF0SdbGKhCZJLgHaFj

If the Executive states and asserts a privilege granted to him by The Constitution that you cannot have this, or you cannot have that, or you cannot discuss this topic with that person, what is that?

So are you saying that you have to say a "Magic Word" before someone allows you your Civil Rights and Due Process?

Yes.
Executive privilege must be exerted. Even then it only covers specific documents or conversations. It's not a blanket privilege.

Read up here.
Primer on Executive Privilege and the Executive Branch Approach to Congressional Oversight

Bullshit. Get an education on how impeachment works.

The House investigates and makes a case, then presents it to the Senate. The Senate then decides to impeach or acquit. The Senate does not investigate.

Get a clue for once in your pathetic life.
The Senate holds the trial. You should know that by now. I even posted a copy of the Constitutional language regarding impeachment. Oh..that's right you gave me a funny for that post...that explains your comments then.

That is their view.

Welcome to Trumplandia.

Even if Trump did, and even if it could be proven, how is that different than what Joe Biden did?

The amendments were designed to drag the process out as far as possible, add new charges not part of the articles, and basically make the whole thing a shit show. If they allowed one side to bring in new evidence, they would have opened a floodgate.

The House was supposed to make it's case via the articles themselves, not with added bullshit afterwards.

Yup. It was up to the House to make the case, not the Senate. If the House didn't do its job then to bad.
Nobody is asking the senate to make the case. That’s up to the house managers to do. They just want permission to access and present all evidence during the trial

Fuck you are not picking anything up, are you? That has already been done. That phase is OVER. They already Impeached him. They don't need anymore evidence. They obviously have enough. It was OVERWHELMING. Debating the removal of a president in the Senate doesn't include fucking DISCOVERY. Get over it.

Listen to yourself. I have no partisan agenda here. I don’t want Trump removed from office. I want him voted out. But I do want the truth to come out. Why don’t you?

I'm done trying to help you out. You don't even read and/or understand any of the posts I've made. You refuse to address my points. You have none, zero, null, zilch, nada, empty set, etc.... that even matter to the issue except "truth". The truth is the dems have been trying to put something together on impeachment of Trump since the election (and even before!). They found some weak ass sauce and are trying their best to fulfill their promise to get the election reversed through impeachment. It has to be one of the single worse things that could happen to our nation because their agenda wasn't to impeach him on this Ukraine matter, it was to impeach him at all costs. No matter what they dug up. It's fucking disgusting and you should think so too. Impeachment coup. That's what it amounts to. The charges are fucking weak at best and do not rise to the level of impeachment and removal. It could (and probably will) impact our political system for years to come and quite honestly it might even ruin our Great Experiment.

Go ahead, fuck everything up the forefathers put in place. Good luck to you and the future of this nation. Cuz if he is removed or not, there will be hell to pay and we'll all be paying.
What do you think they are trying to do? This is not about TRUMP at ALL. It is about destroying The Electoral College, it is about Breaking The Wall of Separation of Powers.

People need to wake up. This is more and has always been more than just about President Trump.

It's about Globalism, Socialism and a Governmental Tyranny they want to unleash on everyone crushing Freedom by stomping on One Human Right at a time with their Big Black Boots.

Ken Mac, I have a feeling not only are you right, but that President Trump will be found one of the best Presidents who ever sat in the Oval Office, but that his policies hired more Americans than the Democrats were able to obstruct, and they're smarting from what Nancy Pelosi was said admitting the other day privately, that the Impeachment was a huge mistake.

The time for witnesses and production of documentary evidence was in the House. If they think the case requires it, they can withdraw the Articles, hold more hearings, and include anything they want. Lord know the Republicans in the House don't have the votes to stop them.

All of these demands are phony as hell. Does any knowledgeable person really think that John Bolton will be the Rosetta Stone that makes the case for removal? That is delusional.

The time for witnesses and production of documentary evidence was in the House.

Not true in any way.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/outlook/2020/01/09/senate-has-conducted-15-impeachment-trials-it-heard-witnesses-every-one/?outputType=amp
The Senate has conducted 15 impeachment trials. It heard witnesses in every one.

"The Senate has heard testimony from witnesses at every trial it has completed in its 231-year history. If the current Senate takes seriously its constitutional responsibility to conduct an impeachment trial of Trump and the oath its members will take to “do impartial justice,” then it must not depart from this unambiguous body of precedent. It must hear from witnesses to the president’s misconduct."

Forum List

Back