I may have gotten the impeachment thing all wrong

Yeah, people keep telling me about these other countries, yet I can't find any of them on Google. Not that it would make a difference anyway, the US is not responsible to carry out the will of other nations.

"You have six hours to get rid of Shokin." Why the hurry? Why the need to put an hourly time clock on executing the matter? What was his hurry?

Seems to me that Shokin has more credibility than anybody else involved in this matter. Shokin has nothing to gain by outing Joe and his son. He's out, and he's not coming back. I would venture to say that Shokin is more believable. What reinforces that is the Democrats knee-jerk reaction by creating this phony impeachment bit. Seems they have a time clock as well. Wonder what that could be???

Yes and let's not forget that Biden was 'point man' to look into Ukraine corruption. If he said someone was corrupt then that person was labeled as such. How convenient he had the power to get Shokin fired. Remember, Shokin was the one investigating Biden's son's company for corruption and money laundering. Biden says the word and 'son of a bitch he got fired.'

No, I’m telling you to fuck off and we aren’t playing your games

The pain is coming, and you douchebags overplayed your hand.

Why should I be interested? The Democrats in The House Inquisition weren’t!

I’ve been pretty outspoken on how bad of an idea I thought this impeachment move would be for our government and our country. I saw the transition from the House to the Republican controlled Senate bringing a change in focus from Trumps actions to Biden corruption. It doesn’t appear that the Republicans are taking that route. I’ve seen the conservative media blitz working overtime on Biden corruption trying to shine the spotlight on that narrative, that tactic is in full swing, but in the capitol it looks like a race to dismissal.

It was rather astonishing to listen to the Republicans dismiss amendment after amendment after clear documentation and witnesses were presented that would add direct supporting material to the accusations.

It is very clear that the Republicans are not interested in finding the truth, seeing the facts, or even allowing the Dems to use the facts to present their case. They seem to just want to defend the president and dismiss the case. It stinks to high heaven and coming from somebody who doesn’t think Trump should be impeached I will say this path that Trump and the Reps are going down is looking more and more like a dirty cover up. When I first heard the Dems use that term it sounded like political hyperbole... After day 1 it’s sounding pretty spot on
The time to gather facts, witnesses, and documents was when it was in the House.

In the Senate, they are allowed ONLY the witnesses, documents, and facts (yeah, I snickered a bit there) that they put together for the Articles of Impeachment.

The fact-finding and cross-examination by the Democrats is over.

Now it is Trump's turn, if the Senate votes to allow it.

Otherwise, the Dems make their case based upon what they have. Nothing more, nothing less.
Are you interested at all to hear what Mik and Bolton and Pompeo have to say about the situation?
so you base your actions on those of the Democrats? I’d think you’d strive to be better than that.

Please taker a refresher in Civics. The House had its opportunity to do an investigation. They decided to forgo issuing subpeonas for witnesses, and instead created a fake crime of "Obstruction of Congress". They voted on their cooked up fake impeachment charges. And now, it is the Senate's role to hold a hearing. The House gets to present its case; it is not the role of the Senate to do a new investigation for them.

Get a grip.
they didn’t forgo subpoenas. They issued them and they were either ignored or they were sued... so the Dems went with what they go and are now pursuing the docs and witnesses in the senate trial

No, they didn't. For the subpeonas to be valid, the entire House had to formally vote to approve the impeachment inquiry. They didn't.
they literally got sued for issuing a subpoena to Trumps lawyer and were told by the white house that any other subpoenas would be ignored and taken to court.

Come on man, are you seriously trying to make the case that the Dems didnt try and get these things while in the house?! You need to find a better argument.

Please look up the definition of "Executive Privilege" and what it means in the Constitution.

Pelosi purposefully did not hold a vote in the house to approve the Impeachment inquiry. The subpoenas were not enforceable; she did not want Trump to exercise Executive Privilege by issuing legal challenges that would delay her actions to address the supposed National Emergency (which somehow wasn't quite so serious given that she delayed sending docs to the Senate for weeks).
Please look up the definition of "Executive Privilege" and what it means in the Constitution.

Please show where the Trump admin ever claimed executive privilege.

Try to keep up. I didn't say he did. I said that Nance gamed the process to avoid it.

If reindeer flew out your ass would you be Santa Claus? Neither happened so moot....

This is true, but if you personalize the fucking that Trump is getting, it clears up the murky swamp waters.

Wait, you're agreeing with me that it didn't happen the way you describe? I already knew you were misinformed, but didn't expect you to admit it.

AP FACT CHECK: Distortions in Trump's legal defense

TRUMP: “House Democrats ran a fundamentally flawed and illegitimate process that denied the President every basic right, including the right to have counsel present, the right to cross-examine witnesses.” — response to impeachment charges Saturday.

TRUMP: “‘We demand fairness’ shouts Pelosi and the Do Nothing Democrats, yet the Dems in the House wouldn’t let us have 1 witness, no lawyers or even ask questions.” — tweet on Jan. 13, referring to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi.

THE FACTS: Not true. The House Judiciary Committee, which produced the articles of impeachment, invited Trump or his legal team to come. He declined.

Absent White House representation, the hearings proceeded as things in Congress routinely do: Time is split between Democratic and Republican lawmakers to ask questions and engage in the debate. Lawyers for Democrats and Republicans on the committee presented the case for and against the impeachment articles and members questioned witnesses, among them an academic called forward by Republicans.

The first round of hearings was by the House Intelligence Committee and resembled the investigative phase of criminal cases, conducted without the participation of the subject of the investigation. Trump cried foul then at the lack of representation, then rejected representation when the next committee offered it.​

I agreed about your reindeer flying out my ass would make me Santa Claus. Wake up.

So you're more informed now, but won't admit it? That's dumb....

You're wrong.

THE FACTS: Not true. The House Judiciary Committee, which produced the articles of impeachment, invited Trump or his legal team to come. He declined.

Absent White House representation, the hearings proceeded as things in Congress routinely do: Time is split between Democratic and Republican lawmakers to ask questions and engage in the debate. Lawyers for Democrats and Republicans on the committee presented the case for and against the impeachment articles and members questioned witnesses, among them an academic called forward by Republicans.

The first round of hearings was by the House Intelligence Committee and resembled the investigative phase of criminal cases, conducted without the participation of the subject of the investigation. Trump cried foul then at the lack of representation, then rejected representation when the next committee offered it.​

I’ve been pretty outspoken on how bad of an idea I thought this impeachment move would be for our government and our country. I saw the transition from the House to the Republican controlled Senate bringing a change in focus from Trumps actions to Biden corruption. It doesn’t appear that the Republicans are taking that route. I’ve seen the conservative media blitz working overtime on Biden corruption trying to shine the spotlight on that narrative, that tactic is in full swing, but in the capitol it looks like a race to dismissal.

It was rather astonishing to listen to the Republicans dismiss amendment after amendment after clear documentation and witnesses were presented that would add direct supporting material to the accusations.

It is very clear that the Republicans are not interested in finding the truth, seeing the facts, or even allowing the Dems to use the facts to present their case. They seem to just want to defend the president and dismiss the case. It stinks to high heaven and coming from somebody who doesn’t think Trump should be impeached I will say this path that Trump and the Reps are going down is looking more and more like a dirty cover up. When I first heard the Dems use that term it sounded like political hyperbole... After day 1 it’s sounding pretty spot on

The evidence is overwhelming. Let's vote to impeach.

Later in the senate:

We need more evidence because we don't have enough.

YCMTSU.
That’s not what I’m hearing... they think they have enough. But they also want more, why wouldn’t they want more?. They want the stuff Trump blocked them from getting. Can you blame them?

Everyone should want to hear more. Unless of course they know it would not help their case. In which case the fix is in and the entirety of the Republican congress is complicit.
Well then, the House Clowns should have put more together......but they were in a hurry.

The Senate hears and rules on the case the House brings, it doesn't try to make a case for the House.

There is no such rule. New subpoenas, witnesses and documents have been a part of past Senate impeachment trials.

upload_2020-1-22_19-21-9.gif

Biden Inc.

Let's be clear here. The Obama Administration and The Democrat Party Harnessed the Full Power of The Federal Government to attempt to Over Turn The 2016 Election, and is using it now to attempt to Interfere in the 2020 Election.

There is no other logical conclusion for what the average voter in The United States has witnessed for 4 years with the never ending siege of The White House.

The clear fact witnessed by The American People is that The Former Obama Administration, and The Democrat Party who even went so far as to engage in solicitation of assistance from Russia to help them in their cause, is only concerned about Selecting a President, rather than working with the Tools The Forefathers Gave them to Elect a President.

When he’s vindicated, he should should go full steam at his accusers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The time to gather facts, witnesses, and documents was when it was in the House.

In the Senate, they are allowed ONLY the witnesses, documents, and facts (yeah, I snickered a bit there) that they put together for the Articles of Impeachment.

Otherwise, the Dems make their case based upon what they have. Nothing more, nothing less.
Are you interested at all to hear what Mik and Bolton and Pompeo have to say about the situation?
Not really. Nor am I interested in what Guliani has to say. He makes all these claims of documents, yet none of them seem to be published or even forwarded to the USAG.

The case for impeachment by the Democrats is listed in the Articles along with what evidence and testimony that have.

That is ALL that is allowed now. That is how the process works.
the process works however the senate wants it to work. They could vote to dismiss right now if they wanted but they won’t because the public would crucify them. It will be their call if not allowing the pursuit of documents and testimony that the house was blocked from will be a good move or not. I personally think it makes it look like they are hiding from the truth

Later in the senate:

YCMTSU.
That’s not what I’m hearing... they think they have enough. But they also want more, why wouldn’t they want more?. They want the stuff Trump blocked them from getting. Can you blame them?

Everyone should want to hear more. Unless of course they know it would not help their case. In which case the fix is in and the entirety of the Republican congress is complicit.
Well then, the House Clowns should have put more together......but they were in a hurry.

The Senate hears and rules on the case the House brings, it doesn't try to make a case for the House.

There is no such rule. New subpoenas, witnesses and documents have been a part of past Senate impeachment trials.
It's not a rule, it's in the Constitution, Dummy.

Gross Misstatement of truth.

The Inquiry is over.

Later in the senate:

YCMTSU.

Not really. Nor am I interested in what Guliani has to say. He makes all these claims of documents, yet none of them seem to be published or even forwarded to the USAG.

The case for impeachment by the Democrats is listed in the Articles along with what evidence and testimony that have.

the process works however the senate wants it to work. They could vote to dismiss right now if they wanted but they won’t because the public would crucify them. It will be their call if not allowing the pursuit of documents and testimony that the house was blocked from will be a good move or not. I personally think it makes it look like they are hiding from the truth
You are a hack who can't admit the House Clowns didn't do their job.

Obama and Niden should be impeached for being born and wasting their lives in sin, theft, Lying and corruption in judgment day and ending their lives unrepentant and condemned to the lake of fire.

Evil vile men they are.

Slow
Down

Obama is Still Obstructing Justice on The IRS Scandal and Fast & Furious.

We have about 15 ways to Impeach Obama Bin Spying.

So Obama Bin Lying Ordered Quid Pro Joe Biden to commit Extortion?

Thanks for finally admitting that.

It was the US foreign policy to get Shokin out. Same for the IMF and allied countries. There are articles about corruption in shokins office from all over the world. There’s a signed letter from GOP congressmen... this was not a Joe Biden solo mission. Why do you continuously ignore these facts? I’ve told them to you before, I’ve provided links.... at this point I’m convinced you are simply trolling.
Well that’s interesting. Should Obama and Joe have been impeached for that extortion?
I didn’t ask about fast and furious. I asked about the extortion you claim they engaged in. Care to answer?
Well again, not something I asked about. Is there a reason why youve spun away twice now and not answered my question?

Later in the senate:

YCMTSU.

Which is total horseshit.

The democrats are constantly searching for anything they can conflate into a mountain.

Why the fuck would we give them any help in doing this.

If there was a way to have a focused trial, that would be great. It's not going to happen.

Russiagate....

Collusion.....

This gate....

That gate.....

Moving on from one to the next to the next.

You guys not only suck, you have pretty much guaranteed his re-election.

Why the fuck would we give them any help in doing this.

"Do you solemnly swear that in all things appertaining to the trial of the impeachment of Donald John Trump, president of the United States, now pending, you will do impartial justice according to the Constitution and laws, so help you god?"

Because the American people deserve to hear it.

Peter Schweizer lays out the democrat corruption starting with the Bidens Sanders warren so on and so forth
Worth the time to listen how Sanders got his millions
The Glenn Beck Program | Hour 2 | 1/22/20 - Glenn Beck - Omny.fm
yeah I heard him on Levin yesterday. Very convenient timing

I think that they are making it very obvious that they are shoving the Democrat's own inadequacies back at them.

This is why you don't impeach someone for politics in only 48 days.

The amendments were designed to drag the process out as far as possible, add new charges not part of the articles, and basically make the whole thing a shit show. If they allowed one side to bring in new evidence, they would have opened a floodgate.

The House was supposed to make it's case via the articles themselves, not with added bullshit afterwards.
they have their case with their articles. They were blocked from getting supporting evidence in the house. I think it completely reasonable for the senate to allow the subpoena of documents and witnesses. Also very reasonable to let a Republican appointed Supreme Court justice determine whether witnesses are material or not. The fact that the Reps blocked that completely shows their cards.

33% of the witnesses called in the House were called by the Republicans. Just because they made Rump look as guilty as he really is doesn't mean the Dems called them. Sondstrand was a Republican called Witness and you seen the mileage the Dems got out of that testimony. Sondstrand was the equvalent of an Iceberg to the Titanic.

Weak

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lies. They invited him but on condition of denying him Due Process.

Go eat a glock.

This is true, but if you personalize the fucking that Trump is getting, it clears up the murky swamp waters.

Wait, you're agreeing with me that it didn't happen the way you describe? I already knew you were misinformed, but didn't expect you to admit it.

AP FACT CHECK: Distortions in Trump's legal defense

TRUMP: “House Democrats ran a fundamentally flawed and illegitimate process that denied the President every basic right, including the right to have counsel present, the right to cross-examine witnesses.” — response to impeachment charges Saturday.

TRUMP: “‘We demand fairness’ shouts Pelosi and the Do Nothing Democrats, yet the Dems in the House wouldn’t let us have 1 witness, no lawyers or even ask questions.” — tweet on Jan. 13, referring to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi.

I agreed about your reindeer flying out my ass would make me Santa Claus. Wake up.

So you're more informed now, but won't admit it? That's dumb....

You're wrong.

I think that they are making it very obvious that they are shoving the Democrat's own inadequacies back at them.

This is why you don't impeach someone for politics in only 48 days.
Ive said from the beginning that impeachment is a horrible idea and is going to ignite a circus. Both parties are embarrassing themselves

Later in the senate:

YCMTSU.

It's never been the job of the jury to further conduct more investigations.

The GOP is about as interested in bringing corrupt officials like FBI lying Hillary or Quid Pro Joe Biden to justice as they were building a border wall or repealing and replacing Obamacare when they owned the entire federal government the first two years of Trump's presidency.
There's a little truth in that, Mr. Votto, but to our Republican credit, whereas the managers of the Fake Impeachment ignored the 63 million citizens who voted for President Trump, President Trump didn't totally ignore the 52 million USA Citizens who voted for Hillary (with the approximately 10 million illegal voters not required to show an identification in sanctuary states omitted because they are not yet citizens).
Dope...
Trump - 62,984,828
Clinton - 65,853,514

Dope....
Trump-304
Cankles-232

Of course that has nothing to do with the post, dope.
That merits no less than the ol' "Sarge, everyone's out of step but me" Beetle Bailey medallion.

You are indeed. The poster I responded to, said nothing of EC totals. That poster was you, dope.

Forum List

Back