I may have gotten the impeachment thing all wrong

Absolutely! Republicans should always blame their own behavior on someone else - Democrats, if possible.

Ain't that right? Why shouldn't House Democrats get the blame for following the same Committee rules House Republicans set in 2015, when they controlled the House?

Personal responsibility is for suckers.

Trump's lawyers are standing in the Senate lying about allowed GOP participation in the House hearings. One lie to cling to is all these Trumpkins want.

Trump has also called numerous times for the Bidens and Schiff to testify - the less relevance the better.

Republicans spent Tuesday telling America they want to know as little as possible about the charges against Trump. I think that will leave a mark.
Wrong.

Republicans spent Tuesday telling America that Schifferbrians and his House Clowns didn't do their job, and the Senate isn't obligated to do it for them.

The Senate is holding no material evidence back.
we'll see.... McConnell's rules state they have to vote on it all, one by one...

They will vote on a fishing expedition. The House Clowns want to go fishing for whatever they can find because they failed to do their job before the trial. They have no clue what any witness would say, or what evidence is in the documents. They should have gone after all that prior to the trial.
They have a pretty good idea on what they will say, since a dozen or so people already testified to it....

But, you all made the "there are no first hand witnesses" a talking point, and defense.... So I'll be damn! Guess what? Here are those first hand witnesses you claimed were needed!!! Shut up, or put up, and vote to hear them!!!
Why are you so immoral, unethical, and so bent to pathological lying? Why do you hate this country and it's president?

There are no first hand witnesses. That is a fact, and not a talking point.
If there were first hand witnesses, Schiff and Nadler would have called them.
As it stands, they didn't even want to let anyone talk to the fake Whistleblowers who started this whole hoax, because they'd be sent to jail for espionage and perjury.

There is no evidence. That is why ShiftFace quoted a made up transcript of the Ukraine call, won't let anybody interview the "whistleblower", is keeping ICIG's testimony in the deep freeze (i.e. GOP members aren't allowed to review it), and misrepresented the "Mr. Z." notes as being related to President Zelensky instead of Zlovchevsky (founder of Burisma).
You God damn lying fuck.

Republicans had the same access to the ICIG as the Democrats.

I am being honest. you are hiding behind the false curtain of neutrality.

No one is truly neutral, and those who claim to be are either lying to themselves, lying to others, or both.
ok then consider me a non-neutral player, I’m fine with that. I think the Dems are idiots and I’m still going to say things about that, but go ahead and ignore those comments and consider me as a biased actor promoting an opposing position to yourself... ok, we good now?

Fine. Why should Republicans play fair now when Dems did not during the actual impeachment process/voting?

Absolutely! Republicans should always blame their own behavior on someone else - Democrats, if possible.

Sorry, Dems in the house tipped the scales first in this process. All on them, none on us.

The Republicans had their opportunities to ask questions.

It's easier for them to complain about the 'process' if they lie about it.

we'll see.... McConnell's rules state they have to vote on it all, one by one...

They will vote on a fishing expedition. The House Clowns want to go fishing for whatever they can find because they failed to do their job before the trial. They have no clue what any witness would say, or what evidence is in the documents. They should have gone after all that prior to the trial.
They have a pretty good idea on what they will say, since a dozen or so people already testified to it....

But, you all made the "there are no first hand witnesses" a talking point, and defense.... So I'll be damn! Guess what? Here are those first hand witnesses you claimed were needed!!! Shut up, or put up, and vote to hear them!!!
Why are you so immoral, unethical, and so bent to pathological lying? Why do you hate this country and it's president?

As it stands, they didn't even want to let anyone talk to the fake Whistleblowers who started this whole hoax, because they'd be sent to jail for espionage and perjury.

There is no evidence. That is why ShiftFace quoted a made up transcript of the Ukraine call, won't let anybody interview the "whistleblower", is keeping ICIG's testimony in the deep freeze (i.e. GOP members aren't allowed to review it), and misrepresented the "Mr. Z." notes as being related to President Zelensky instead of Zlovchevsky (founder of Burisma).
You God damn lying fuck.

Somehow I think God is not amused at all with you right now.

Trump has also called numerous times for the Bidens and Schiff to testify - the less relevance the better.

Republicans spent Tuesday telling America they want to know as little as possible about the charges against Trump. I think that will leave a mark.
Wrong.

Republicans spent Tuesday telling America that Schifferbrians and his House Clowns didn't do their job, and the Senate isn't obligated to do it for them.
It is the job of the Senate you stupid fuck to bring out all the evidence & not be on Trump's side.

Trump's lawyers are standing in the Senate lying about allowed GOP participation in the House hearings. One lie to cling to is all these Trumpkins want.

Yep, that should be world-famous as the Trifecta of Lies. Can you even imagine Roberts sitting - presiding over that Gish Gallop, and not having the power to gavel the mendacious goons to order? I can't help but feel he must hate every minute of it.

I’ve been pretty outspoken on how bad of an idea I thought this impeachment move would be for our government and our country. I saw the transition from the House to the Republican controlled Senate bringing a change in focus from Trumps actions to Biden corruption. It doesn’t appear that the Republicans are taking that route. I’ve seen the conservative media blitz working overtime on Biden corruption trying to shine the spotlight on that narrative, that tactic is in full swing, but in the capitol it looks like a race to dismissal.

It was rather astonishing to listen to the Republicans dismiss amendment after amendment after clear documentation and witnesses were presented that would add direct supporting material to the accusations.

It is very clear that the Republicans are not interested in finding the truth, seeing the facts, or even allowing the Dems to use the facts to present their case. They seem to just want to defend the president and dismiss the case. It stinks to high heaven and coming from somebody who doesn’t think Trump should be impeached I will say this path that Trump and the Reps are going down is looking more and more like a dirty cover up. When I first heard the Dems use that term it sounded like political hyperbole... After day 1 it’s sounding pretty spot on

So, you're letting Schiff and the clowns sway you into swallowing their narrative...Don't be so weak dude....If a case like this were in an actual court of law, it would have been dismissed already for 1. lack of any law being broken, and 2. lack of evidence....No matter how many times the prosecution tried to say that only what they said was the truth....You want the truth? Here's a truth for ya...Democrats of today are severly upset that they didn't win in 2016, and they are staging a coup to overturn 63 million American's vote...But, hey? it's a free country, throw in with that kind of anti American approach if you want....

According to Dems, the evidence against president is so overwhelming that they had no choice but to impeach. The "overwhelming evidence" means that you don't need anything else to convict. It means "we got him".

Only problem with it is that Schiff and Dems and media played that card so many times and failed that nobody can take their word for granted anymore.

Accusations don't count. Hearsay doesn't count. Insinuations neither. They did, only when they were preaching to the(ir) choir.

So he wanted them to testify but stopped them? Please try to stick to one story.
He claimed the accusers had only second hand witnesses, blah blah blah, no first hand witnesses, blah blah blah as his defense.

Well hell's bells, here are the first hand witnesses, just vote to hear them. Put up, or shut up.... now is the time.
Ask your House Clowns why they didn't follow protocol to get them to testify before they shut down their "overwhelming" investigation.
Spare answered that, right above... the Senate had a better shot to get them immediately.... Trump couldn't fight them as ferociously to deny them, because they are the same party, he needs them all, to save him, from himself.
Executive Privilege is the same regarding House subpoenas and Senate subpoenas. The WH can challenge both and go to the courts for a ruling.

Once again you are trying to put the job of the House on the Senate. Your House Clowns refused to follow protocol. That's on them, not Trump, not the Senate.
He never executed his executive privilege rights in the house. NOT ONCE.... He simply defied the subpoenas and the law on everything. Another impeachment article on those unlawful actions.

The Senate, can go directly to the Supreme court in the impeachment trial, skipping years of litigation and appeals.

Trump can not stall it.

He wanted to stall being impeached, it did not work. In the Senate, he wouldn't want to stall his verdict.
If you were paying attention you would know that his lawyers explained why the subpoenas were defied.

The were not valid subpoenas since they were tied to an impeachment inquiry. There was no required vote to implement impeachment in the House, so the subpoenas are invalid.

If your House Clowns think they are valid the protocol is to go to the courts for a ruling. The refused to follow protocol. Your beef should be with your House Clowns.

Twoo Dis

They are not here to steal one election. They are here to steal two elections. It’s buried in the small print of the ridiculous articles of impeachment. They want to remove the President Trump from the ballot. They won’t tell you that. They don’t have the guts to say it directly, but that’s exactly what they are here to do.

They are asking the Senate to attack one of the most sacred rights we have as Americans, the right to choose our president. In an election year. It’s never been done before. It shouldn’t be done. Now, the reason it’s never been done is because no one ever thought that it would be a good idea for a country, for our children, for our grandchildren to try to remove a president from a ballot, to deny the American people the right to vote based on a fraudulent investigation conducted in secret with no rights.

- Pat Cipollone

Schiff Circus Shifts to Senate, Demands Do-Over - Victory Girls Blog
So says the same assfucks that evidently stole Clinton's 1996 election?
Link?

I am being honest. you are hiding behind the false curtain of neutrality.

No one is truly neutral, and those who claim to be are either lying to themselves, lying to others, or both.
ok then consider me a non-neutral player, I’m fine with that. I think the Dems are idiots and I’m still going to say things about that, but go ahead and ignore those comments and consider me as a biased actor promoting an opposing position to yourself... ok, we good now?

Fine. Why should Republicans play fair now when Dems did not during the actual impeachment process/voting?

Sorry, Dems in the house tipped the scales first in this process. All on them, none on us.

not an open opportunity, a scripted one.

Dems made the rules in the House to favor them, why should Republicans play fair now?

You God damn lying fuck.

You are sorely misinformed. Schiff is preventing the Atkinson transcript from being used in the Senate hearing. The House members that were allowed to see it are not allowed to quote it. He's not hiding it from Dems in the Senate - he's hiding it from the GOP as it clearly contains exculpatory evidence for Trump.

And all of this material should be made available to Trump's lawyers; which Schiff is preventing.

The investigators say that details about how the whistleblower consulted with Schiff’s staff and perhaps misled Atkinson about those interactions are contained in the transcript of a closed-door briefing Atkinson gave to the House Intelligence Committee last October. However, Schiff has sealed the transcript from public view. It is the only impeachment witness transcript out of 18 that he has not released.

Schiff has classified the document “Secret,” preventing Republicans who attended the Atkinson briefing from quoting from it. Even impeachment investigators cannot view it outside a highly secured room, known as a “SCIF," in the basement of the Capitol. Members must first get permission from Schiff, and they are forbidden from bringing phones into the SCIF or from taking notes from the document.

https://www.realclearinvestigations...ing_with_ally_how_to_remove_trump_121701.html

The process was rigged and set by the Dems in power. Now you mewl like wibble baby brats when Republicans do the same thing with the part of the process they control.

We see through your bullshit, you dime store SJW soi boi.

Wrong.

It is the job of the Senate you stupid fuck to bring out all the evidence & not be on Trump's side.
No, you colossal moron. The Senate's role is to judge the case the House Clowns brings them. The investigation part of this is the responsibility of your House Clowns. They refused to do their job. That's not on the Senate, nor is it on Trump.

Your Clowns fucked up, and they know it. That's why they are begging the Senate to do the job they refused to do.

He claimed the accusers had only second hand witnesses, blah blah blah, no first hand witnesses, blah blah blah as his defense.

Well hell's bells, here are the first hand witnesses, just vote to hear them. Put up, or shut up.... now is the time.
Ask your House Clowns why they didn't follow protocol to get them to testify before they shut down their "overwhelming" investigation.
Spare answered that, right above... the Senate had a better shot to get them immediately.... Trump couldn't fight them as ferociously to deny them, because they are the same party, he needs them all, to save him, from himself.
Executive Privilege is the same regarding House subpoenas and Senate subpoenas. The WH can challenge both and go to the courts for a ruling.

Once again you are trying to put the job of the House on the Senate. Your House Clowns refused to follow protocol. That's on them, not Trump, not the Senate.
He never executed his executive privilege rights in the house. NOT ONCE.... He simply defied the subpoenas and the law on everything. Another impeachment article on those unlawful actions.

The Senate, can go directly to the Supreme court in the impeachment trial, skipping years of litigation and appeals.

Trump can not stall it.

He wanted to stall being impeached, it did not work. In the Senate, he wouldn't want to stall his verdict.
If you were paying attention you would know that his lawyers explained why the subpoenas were defied.

The were not valid subpoenas since they were tied to an impeachment inquiry. There was no required vote to implement impeachment in the House, so the subpoenas are invalid.

If your House Clowns think they are valid the protocol is to go to the courts for a ruling. The refused to follow protocol. Your beef should be with your House Clowns.

His lawyers explained?

Stop! You're killing me. His lawyers? My ribs. Oh, sweet Jesus.

You God damn lying fuck.

You are sorely misinformed. Schiff is preventing the Atkinson transcript from being used in the Senate hearing. The House members that were allowed to see it are not allowed to quote it. He's not hiding it from Dems in the Senate - he's hiding it from the GOP as it clearly contains exculpatory evidence for Trump.

And all of this material should be made available to Trump's lawyers; which Schiff is preventing.

The investigators say that details about how the whistleblower consulted with Schiff’s staff and perhaps misled Atkinson about those interactions are contained in the transcript of a closed-door briefing Atkinson gave to the House Intelligence Committee last October. However, Schiff has sealed the transcript from public view. It is the only impeachment witness transcript out of 18 that he has not released.

Schiff has classified the document “Secret,” preventing Republicans who attended the Atkinson briefing from quoting from it. Even impeachment investigators cannot view it outside a highly secured room, known as a “SCIF," in the basement of the Capitol. Members must first get permission from Schiff, and they are forbidden from bringing phones into the SCIF or from taking notes from the document.

https://www.realclearinvestigations...ing_with_ally_how_to_remove_trump_121701.html
What is Pencil Neck hiding?

Trump can not stall it.

His lawyers explained?

Stop! You're killing me. His lawyers? My ribs. Oh, sweet Jesus.
Yep. What happens when lawyers disagree? ?They go to court for a ruling

Your House Clowns withdrew the one subpoena and tucked tail and ran away instead of following normal protocol.

Hmmmm..................

No, he said he wanted them to testify. If he really wanted them to testify, they would have done it by now. If you've been watching the show the past 3 years, you know what Trump says is rarely connected to the truth.

So you have direct quotes from him about specific people he wanted to testify?

Not "leaks" or "sources say" references?

DAVOS, Switzerland — President Donald Trump said on Wednesday that he would like to see former National Security Adviser John Bolton and other top officials testify at his Senate impeachment trial, but suggested he would block their testimony.

Trump said he'd also like to see testimony from Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, chief of staff Mick Mulvaney, and former Energy Secretary Rick Perry, who he said has been asking to testify in the impeachment proceedings. But Trump then argued that he could assert executive privilege to try to block the witnesses if called, saying it could be a national security risk if they shared private conversation they had with the president.

Trump says he'd like Bolton, Pompeo to testify but will leave witnesses up to Senate

Sort of. There are dozens of links to Trump saying he wanted, or would allow, witnesses, frequently in combination with an escape clause. You've never heard him say it?

A bunch of "like tos", and "maybes" and "let the senate figure it outs".

He hasn't said what he would do, but what he might do.

Are you going to impeach him for this now?

LOL

No, he's already being impeached.

LOL back atcha.

I doubt that will stop Dems from trying again if he wins in 2020 and they keep the house somehow.

or win it back in 2022.

He's been impeached on 2 articles, note they actually debated 4, but the other two were too crazy for even Dems (and thats pretty crazy)
That's all up to President Trump..... whether he abuses his power again or not, or breaks the law or not, or is corrupt or not....

:rolleyes:

not an open opportunity, a scripted one.

Dems made the rules in the House to favor them, why should Republicans play fair now?

Because if they don't they are going to lose control of the Senate in 2020. And Rump campaigning for them will be a poison pen. At this point, you think the Dems are on trial? The entire Federal Government is on trial including the Senate and the President. And that is the way it should be. You keep forgetting that it's an election year and there are more non affiliated voters than either party and we are fed up with this dog and pony act especially since the fat lady, the donkey and the disappearing midget (use your own imagination) were added to the 3 ring circus.

The process was rigged and set by the Dems in power. Now you mewl like wibble baby brats when Republicans do the same thing with the part of the process they control.

We see through your bullshit, you dime store SJW soi boi.

Yeah, the last time I corrected you, you went straight to your shopworn insults. Your side wants to hide evidence. All the baby talk babble in the world won't hide that.

Forum List

Back