I met this Jewish guy today and he really impressed me

It's good to have Good Friday off, because there's things they do at Church that aren't done any other day of the year, like the procession around the church doing the stations of the cross.

Protestants do that too?
I have no idea what Protestants do on Good Friday. The stations of the cross are in every Catholic Church since the days of St. Francis of Assissi, who came up with the idea.

oh. ok did palm sunday already happen?

Today, I met a new client, a Jewish man who owns his own business making assembly line systems integrated with robots.

The first thing he told me is he gave his employees the day off, because his employees are Christian, and Good Friday is a Christian holiday. He told me that he is at work because he's Jewish, and Good Friday is not his holiday.

And let me say this, I have not ever got a complete day off on Good Friday, even when the owners of the firm are Christians. A firm I'm working with now is closing its doors today at 3:00 p.m., which is a big too-doo 2.5 hours off for Good Friday.

And when Jews and Muslims ask for time off for their holidays, they are often met with hostility. I worked for a firm that was really nasty, an Orthodox Jewish paralegal asked for Yom Kippur off, and the secretary told her that "this is not a Jewish firm." And then, she accused the Jewish woman of inventing the holiday to get a free day off.

Here's the thing, I don't think that Jewish and Muslim holidays should join the list of federally mandated holidays because there's already too many holidays, but I think Christians should be generous enough to give their Jewish and Muslim employees the day off on their religious holidays, and not make them use up a vacation day.

I won't do the liberal bit and make this into another excuse to stir up hate and division between the religions. All I'm saying is that Christians should act like Christians and be generous to employees who have other faith traditions. Christians should be at least as generous, as the Jewish man I met today who gave Christians the day off for Good Friday.

With pay. Never got Good Friday off and never needed to. I am not really in agreement with this as some employers can't accommodate religious holidays and shouldn't be made to. It's fine if an employer want to close the business down for the day , with pay. That's my opinion.

Last edited:
The main point of what I am saying is that people should be good, not because the government forces you to be good with the power of the gun, but because you want to be good even though you don't have to.

In other words, love. Treat other people the way you would want them to treat you. Love.

That's a Christian concept, but liberals have a hard time wrapping their head around the idea of love. To liberals, using the coercive power of the government to force people to do what you want is the first thing they think of doing. It never occurs to liberals to just ask that people do something good, and be ok with it if they say yes or no.

And I'm saying that it is a Christian concept, and I'm not saying Jews can't do this too, as proven by my new Jewish client, who is a better Christian than a lot of Christians I've known.

And I'm saying that it is a Christian concept, and I'm not saying Jews can't do this too, as proven by my new Jewish client, who is a better Christian than a lot of Christians I've known.

rook----you bring me back to the very WASP y neighborhood of my childhood.
There were commonly used phrases that mystified me as in "IT's the Christian
thing to do" and------"that was very white (?) of him" sheeeesh My
personal comment is------if you tell your jewish friend "you're a good Christian"---
he might not laugh in your face------but he will laugh later on when he tells his
jewish buddies

personal comment is------if you tell your jewish friend "you're a good Christian"---
he might not laugh in your face------but he will laugh later on when he tells his
jewish buddies
Well, I wouldn't say that to him, because that would be a stupid thing to say.

jewish buddies
Well, I wouldn't say that to him, because that would be a stupid thing to say.

sheeeesh----so CHRISTIAN of you-----you can't take a teensy little joke..... or is that
WHITE of you

It's good to have Good Friday off, because there's things they do at Church that aren't done any other day of the year, like the procession around the church doing the stations of the cross.

Protestants do that too?
I have no idea what Protestants do on Good Friday. The stations of the cross are in every Catholic Church since the days of St. Francis of Assissi, who came up with the idea.

oh. ok did palm sunday already happen?

yes last Sunday

Forum List

Back