I need assistance with a math problem

bigrebnc1775

][][][% NC Sheepdog
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 12, 2010
Kannapolis, N.C.
Seriously no joke I need to figure out how 3 30 round magazines plus 1 30 round magazine of 223 can shoot 154 rounds?

OK now how did I come up with this problem?
In this news release
Obama: Newtown Shooter Gunned Down 20 Children With 'Fully Automatic Weapon' | The Weekly Standard
Stephen J. Sedensky III a prosecutor said Adam Lanza had 3 30 round magazines with 223 ammo and I'm guessing Lanza also had a magazine in the rifle which would make it 120rounds of 223

But in this news release from ABC Sedensky said their were 154 spent .223 casings were recovered at the scene.
Cache of Weapons Found in Newtown Gunman's Home - ABC News

I'm not even wanting to focus on what obama said. I'm starting this thread in the name of math

Seriously no joke I need to figure out how 3 30 round magazines plus 1 30 round magazine of 223 can shoot 154 rounds?

In this news release
Obama: Newtown Shooter Gunned Down 20 Children With 'Fully Automatic Weapon' | The Weekly Standard
Stephen J. Sedensky III a prosecutor said Adam Lanza had 3 30 round magazines with 223 ammo and I'm guessing Lanza also had a magazine in the rifle which would make it 120rounds of 223

But in this news release from ABC Sedensky said their were 154 spent .223 casings were recovered at the scene.

I'm not even wanting to focus on what obama said. I'm starting this thread in the name of math

That IS an interesting question.

Assuming we know that the perp did not reload.

Do we know that?

This is right up there with the Governor who claimed he had to have a background check to be a passenger on an airplane.

Let me guess. This thread will end with the OP not admitting that he is wrong.

He found a news article that was wrong....therefore he is not wrong and is entitled to repeat it over and over and over

Obviously if we are given wrong information, any discussion of it can only lead us astray.

In this news release

Tell me where this Obamamath is wrong!

Subtract 10 million non-citizens claiming "uninsured" from 46 million leaves 36 million.
Subtract 14 million claiming "uninsured" are covered only need to register with Medicaid... that leaves 22 million.
Subtract 18 million that can afford (make over $50k/yr..) are under 34 and PAY their OWN health services out of pocket and don't want their employers' insurance.
That leaves 4 million that truly need insurance!
But because "Obamamath" and those 6 "Yes" votes believe there are not 4 million uninsured.. we have the Obamanation.. OBAMACARE!

In this news release

The article didn't say he used 3 30-round magazines. It says that is what he had on him, along with a pistol, when he was found. I read that to mean he had another 3 magazines he hadn't used when he killed himself.

What fuggin' difference does how many magazines he had make? The important figure is the number of children and adults he killed and he could have done that with ONE magazine.

Here is another article about him.
Newtown shootings: Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooter Adam Lanza Wore Earplugs - Hartford Courant

Lanza changed magazines frequently as he fired his way through the first-grade classrooms of Lauren Rousseau and Victoria Soto, sometimes shooting as few as 15 shots from a 30-round magazine, sources said.

Investigators are aware that frequent reloading is common in violent video games because an experienced player knows never to enter a new building or room without a full magazine so as not to risk running out of bullets. This has led them to speculate privately that this might be a reason that he replaced magazines frequently.

The answer to bigreb is that Lanza had more than enough firepower to massacre first graders

As a gun nut, that should make you very happy that his second amendment rights were not infringed

Forum List

Back