I put my 1911 in the dryer and it shrunk!!

The 2 problems I would have with the Baby Rock is $460 price tag and single action.
I prefer double action so I do not have to leave it cocked all the time, and rely on the safety.

If you want a mini 1911...might I recommend a surplus Star Arms Model BM in 9mm instead.

They were under two bills before the election...

Damn, I checked everywhere, and I was wrong, they are still in stock (very limited) but mostly for sale on Gunbroker, etc and people are asking $460 + for them so I said what the hell and ordered it From J&G with the extra mag. It's still more than $100 cheaper than everyone else.
Another thing I didn't realize, the Star BM may be C&R eligible and I have a C&R license....... J&G did not ask me for an FFL in my area because they have my C&R on file......... :thup:

Last edited:
The 2 problems I would have with the Baby Rock is $460 price tag and single action.
I prefer double action so I do not have to leave it cocked all the time, and rely on the safety.
I found one through Gun Deals for $300 but decided against it. Went with the Star BM 9mm for less than the Baby Rock (total cost) and since I have a C&R it comes directly to me besides I have lots of 9mm ammo.

Okay, the saga of the Star BM. I picked up the Star BM two weeks ago. As always with any "new" firearm I field stripped it and that's where the problems started. The I had to use a nylon hammer on the takedown pin and it shot halfway across the room....... There's no spring in there so WTF.......?
then discovered the recoil spring and piston assembly was so loose I had to hold the slide upside down to put it back together. When trying to put the takedown pin back in I couldn't get it to go all the way in, tapping it with the nylon hammer only bent it.
Sent an email to J&G Sales and a couple of hours later one of their techs called me. He determined there was indeed something seriously wrong with the gun and had customer service email me a shipping label. Sent it off and they received it last Friday, my FFL had the replacement in Thursday and I picked it up today. The replacement is sweet, everything works as it should. Hope to get it out to the range next week.
I also replace the stock grips with faux ivory grips.

Star BM 1.jpg

Star BM 2.jpg

Almost forgot, it's not old enough to be C&R eligible. That's okay, $20 transfer fee and for the replacement my FFL didn't charge me the fee though I did have to complete a 4477 for it, different serial number from my first one.

This is my daily carry, my Dad's old Colt Government Model .380:

9079128973_95bdd22dbc_o.jpg

He changed the grips from the original rubber grips to these wood grips. I'd love to have the originals, but those have been lost to time and I've not been able to find suitable replacements...

I wonder why they mislead everyone with barrel length? They count the length of the chamber with the barrel length. Liars.

Forum List

Back