🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

I really love my country....but I also acknowledge facts...

We did, did we?

Can you explain how this worked, Gnat?

(This should be RICH!)

Not really my job to educate right wingers.....only to "encourage" them to read some history from the perspective of those we royally screwed because of "manifest destiny."

Right wingers do read and know their history. That's why we know we paid Mexico 15 million for the land.
It's you who is a left winger who has not read some history, that thinks we stole California.
we did California was paid as ransom it wasn't the flowers and bunny rabbits you are trying to make it .
that's the right's biggest problem with history...

Hell, as far as I am concerned, give California BACK to the Mexicans. No skin off my teeth. Isn't it about 80% Mexican anyway? Good Bye and Good riddance.
California envy......

if I recall correctly it a communist group (at least unhinged claims it is) the important thing to know is he's just tossing shit .
stick to your guns.

Thanks. and you're right...Should have known that R-W'ers are full of poo-poo.

hardly! but yours shines if you did not notice his bio James Davison Hunter is LaBrosse-Levinson Distinguished Professor of Religion, Culture and Social Theory at the University of Virginia and Director of the Institute for Advanced Studies in Culture. He is the author of Culture Wars and The Death of Character.
it's a bias and over simplified version of what happen in the 60's
making it inaccurate..
but accuracy is not something you care much about ..

You DO grasp it is biased heavily to the LEFT, not the right?

Of course you don't...

I deliberately selected a leftwing source to cut off your protestations.

The culture war had the most dramatic effect on America since the Civil War, and is VERY close in the total impact that it has on the political and social structure of the nation. But you were ignorant of the whole thing.. :cuckoo::confused::eek:

When a thread starts out, I really love my country but.....they really don't love their country

Well, let's say you were reprimanding your kid...Doesn't mean hat you don't love him/her....and doesn't mean that your kid is "perfect."

But, forgive me...maybe right wingers' kids are perfect.

When a thread starts out, I really love my country but.....they really don't love their country.
bullshit!
there is the kind of blind jingoistic love you consevobot faux Christians pontificate about.
then there's the eyes wide open love with your head kind,
where you acknowledge the warts and all aspects of the country.
I'm defiantly the latter.

hardly! but yours shines if you did not notice his bio James Davison Hunter is LaBrosse-Levinson Distinguished Professor of Religion, Culture and Social Theory at the University of Virginia and Director of the Institute for Advanced Studies in Culture. He is the author of Culture Wars and The Death of Character.
making it inaccurate..

Of course you don't...

The culture war had the most dramatic effect on America since the Civil War, and is VERY close in the total impact that it has on the political and social structure of the nation. But you were ignorant of the whole thing.. :cuckoo::confused::eek:
false! as cutting any thing off you failed as always..
it is irrelevant how right or left the material you selected is .
no one source is accurate.
what happened in the sixties was like the civil war a huge leap forward in what this country wants to be.

When a thread starts out, I really love my country but.....they really don't love their country.
bullshit!
there is the kind of blind jingoistic love you consevobot faux Christians pontificate about.

Jingoistic? Perhaps you should learn the definition of a word before you use it in an accusing manner.

Oh and thank you for proving my point.

what happened in the sixties was like the civil war a huge leap forward in what this country wants to be.

Duhs, you denying that fire is hot will not stop the flame from burning.

You are simply irrational and cannot be taken seriously.

bullshit!

Jingoistic? Perhaps you should learn the definition of a word before you use it in an accusing manner.

Oh and thank you for proving my point.
there you go as always falsely assuming
there is no other context to use it in.by definition it a pejorative
pejorative
[ pəˈjôrətiv, ˈpejəˌrātiv ]
http://www.usmessageboard.com/javascript:void(0)
ADJECTIVE
adjective: pejorative

1. expressing contempt or disapproval:
    ""permissiveness" is used almost universally as a pejorative term"
    synonyms: disparaging · derogatory · denigratory · deprecatory ·
    defamatory · slanderous · libelous · abusive · insulting · slighting · bitchy
    More
    antonyms: complimentary
NOUN
noun: pejorative · plural noun: pejoratives

1. a word expressing contempt or disapproval
no problem! I'm always glad to help you fuck yourself.

Duhs, you denying that fire is hot will not stop the flame from burning.

You are simply irrational and cannot be taken seriously.
really? what you just said makes no sense..

When a thread starts out, I really love my country but.....they really don't love their country

Well, let's say you were reprimanding your kid...Doesn't mean hat you don't love him/her....and doesn't mean that your kid is "perfect."

My country isn't my kid. That's a silly comparison.
hardly! sometimes like yourself or your kid the country needs some correction and guidance.
revering course to an imaginary better time is without fail stupid.

making it inaccurate..

Of course you don't...

Really?
You like us being a debtor nation?
You like our children having children?
You like that our Public Education is very low on the list of the rest of the World?
You like our lack of moral standards and loss of self control?
You like our Government telling us what we can and can't do?
You like the rampant corruption in our Government?
You like that almost half of the nation is on food stamps?
Is this really what you want our country to be?

its also one of the worst in the world if you believe that hype too....how many Americans would go to Oman or Columbia for a serious problem?.....

Read an article a while back about a guy who needed a hip replacement.
He lied in Denver and the estimated cost was about $48,000....He checked around and went to Belgium for tat same operation and, utilizing the same prosthesis as the ones used in the U.S., the bill was a bit less than $5,000......plus he vacationed there after the surgery.

But you're right, oil sheiks from Oman, and drug lords from Columbia DO come to the states for health care....and actually pay in cash.
exactly so i would have to wonder what some of these "lists" are based on.....a while back someone else had a list like this that had Sierra Leone on the list at like no.10....i mean seriously?....

Really?
You like that our Public Education is very low on the list of the rest of the World?

You must live in a really, REALLY bad neighborhood...

making it inaccurate..

Of course you don't...

Really?
melodrama much? everything you are ranting about is temporary.
one statement is particularly stupid " You like our lack of moral standards and loss of self control?"

besides being subjective it fails to account for all the "bad "and "amoral" acts that were just as prevalent in the imaginary higher moral time you wish was real.

Really?

You must live in a really, REALLY bad neighborhood...
one full of paranoid white people....

Actually "jingo" is right on target......Boasting of excessive patriotism and favors aggressiveness foreign involvement.....Heck, its like a gypsy just read your palm, isn't it?

My country isn't my kid. That's a silly comparison.
hardly! sometimes like yourself or your kid the country needs some correction and guidance.
revering course to an imaginary better time is without fail stupid.

Is English that difficult for you?

Forum List

Back