I refuse to get my vehicle emmissions tested. Attendant ENTERS your vehicle!

MarathonMike

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2014
The Southwestern Desert
I am not allowing someone to get in my car during a virus surge to get my emissions tested. You are closing the restaurants but forcing people to have the inside of their cars contaminated? That is nuts. I don't know if that guy is infected or not and he is going to sit in my seat and touch my wheel.

Are they still requiring emissions testing in your state? Az has a waiver if you are 65 or older but the majority of infections in my state are UNDER 65! As usual, it's all about the money.

I am not allowing someone to get in my car during a virus surge to get my emissions tested. You are closing the restaurants but forcing people to have the inside of their cars contaminated? That is nuts. I don't know if that guy is infected or not and he is going to sit in my seat and touch my wheel.

Are they still requiring emissions testing in your state? Az has a waiver if you are 65 or older but the majority of infections in my state are UNDER 65! As usual, it's all about the money.

NH still does emissions testing. But wouldn't someone have to get in your car anyway to drive it into the shop and start the engine in order to do the test?
As I understand it, they stick a probe up your tailpipe to measure the emissions. Sorta like bringing a UV light into your body "in some other way". :auiqs.jpg:
(C'mon, you knew it was coming. :))

Then don't. If you get caught for the sticker out of date, pay it and consider it the cost of living life on your terms and then pay the next one if you still feel that way. Lots of companies pay fines and make little changes, considering it the cost of doing business. Why should you be any different?

Buy an electric car or e-bicycle, maybe even a horse and stop whining.

They don't have the virus silly boy. They are doing a software update for the CIA.

They don't have the virus silly boy. They are doing a software update for the CIA.
Ah now I feel better.

Buy an electric car or e-bicycle, maybe even a horse and stop whining.
So you're good with the state forcing people to violate their own social distancing rules to generate income?

Then don't. If you get caught for the sticker out of date, pay it and consider it the cost of living life on your terms and then pay the next one if you still feel that way. Lots of companies pay fines and make little changes, considering it the cost of doing business. Why should you be any different?
That's the plan if I don't get a waiver. Are you fine with an emissions attendant climbing into your vehicle? I'm just curious.

That's the plan if I don't get a waiver. Are you fine with an emissions attendant climbing into your vehicle? I'm just curious.
Used to live Kentucky in 70s when emission testing started and you had to have the current sticker on you windshield. We do not have it in Tennessee. If it was required, and masking was in effect as regulation, I would demand to person be masked and gloved and wipe down anything touched or would be against it also. If masking was not required by ordinance, I would wipe down after the filthy technician got out of the car. I keep spray stuff in car now. But, it would be my choice and my fine if I refused to get the check. Problem would be, judge would probably make you as a lever, just to keep car on the road. I probably would not go there, choosing to pick my fight somewhere else.

Used to live Kentucky in 70s when emission testing started and you had to have the current sticker on you windshield. We do not have it in Tennessee. If it was required, and masking was in effect as regulation, I would demand to person be masked and gloved and wipe down anything touched or would be against it also. If masking was not required by ordinance, I would wipe down after the filthy technician got out of the car. I keep spray stuff in car now. But, it would be my choice and my fine if I refused to get the check. Problem would be, judge would probably make you as a lever, just to keep car on the road. I probably would not go there, choosing to pick my fight somewhere else.
Yes I thought of bringing my own wipes but what stopped me is the airborne concern and the small confined airspace of a vehicle. You don't know if the guy is asymptomatic and then decorates the air inside your vehicle with Covid critters.

I hope they suspend your license. :lol:

Reciprocating piston, internal combustion engines are such a joke that the idea of 'tolerable' emissions is absurd. An engine that rarely approaches even as much as 50% return from fuel input? We'd be better off with hydrogen in the same engines. Radical ideas as this, of course, are given short shrift.

We ran into a similar issue recently here in Maryland when trying to sell my wife's old "college car" to a very promising young man who needed a vehicle for college in the fall (if that's even happening). All went well with the sale until the lad's mother demanded we sanitize the vehicle's interior even after it passed state inspection for the sale. We refused to clean the interior again, informing the mother that the vehicle was being sold AS IS. So she threw a huge and nearly violent fit and we walked away. All because of fucking COVID fear mongering. Now that young man has lost out on a great deal and a sound used first car. Life goes on.

Yes I thought of bringing my own wipes but what stopped me is the airborne concern and the small confined airspace of a vehicle. You don't know if the guy is asymptomatic and then decorates the air inside your vehicle with Covid critters.
Can you use a spray like "Microban" inside the vehicle?

Reciprocating piston, internal combustion engines are such a joke that the idea of 'tolerable' emissions is absurd. An engine that rarely approaches even as much as 50% return from fuel input? We'd be better off with hydrogen in the same engines. Radical ideas as this, of course, are given short shrift.
Big oil.

What if your car breaks down or needs work done?
Good point. The shop I take my cars to have a good system where they cover the seats and steering wheel and spray the inside when they are done. I got no assurances the emissions stations are doing that. If I need a tow truck, yeah that's a bummer. I guess I'd have to chance it.

Forum List

Back