I see nothing wrong with a SCOTUS code of conduct.

What difference does that make? Any ethic rules would apply to all of them.
The left wouldn't be making this argument if they held SCOTUS. Only reason we're hear is they were trying to make a case to impeach Thomas and gain a seat, possibly.

The left wouldn't be making this argument if they held SCOTUS. Only reason we're hear is they were trying to make a case to impeach Thomas and gain a seat, possibly.

I care less what others might or might not be doing. It should have been done long ago.

Why do you support a Supreme Court with absolutely no ethic rules?

There is a zero chance Thomas would get impeached over rules implemented today over his past actions.

Truth be told, White? I could care less about the Biden's. They're their own worst enemy. Hunter is a piece of shit addict who will at some point kill himself with drugs. His father will go down in history as one of the worst Presidents of all time and will be dead or drooling on himself in a few years! They sold their country out for money. That will be their legacy.

You know who I want to see held accountable for what's been happening? The people at the DOJ that let it happen and then covered it up. Liars like Garland and Wray. Scum like Clapper and Brennan. They're what's wrong with the country right now. The assholes like those 4 who weaponized parts of the Federal Government against those they didn't agree with politically.
Does anybody know if the dipshit is still using? I have no experience with (I guess you would call) high functioning druggies.
I'm not into the weaponizations claims. I think they have been proving correct. All the asshole that claim weaponizations of the department, have mostly been found guilty, confessed, or enough valid information in evidence on indictments, that will likely be found guilty. It could be, the assholes complaining they were targeted due to weaponizations, could have chosen not to break the law. Hell with them.

The controversy surrounding codes of conduct for the SCOTUS seems to be mostly partisan bickering. There is no valid reason whatsoever to stall the process. I know some are concerned that it is targeted at the conservatives on the court but these things always balance themselves out in the long run. Alito and Thomas are being accused but so is Sotomayor. Imo this is an important issue.

Jo

Well they are appointed for life by the Constitution which lacks any sort of Code of Conduct for them, so while you see no problem with having one, it is largely just a waste of paper to create one.

Well they are appointed for life by the Constitution which lacks any sort of Code of Conduct for them, so while you see no problem with having one, it is largely just a waste of paper to create one.
I fear you are spot on....

It is really no different than Congress making its own rules which they change anytime it suits them with impunity. Perhaps a SCOTUS Code would have normative pressures but even that it doubtful.
Undoubtedly true.

Does anybody know if the dipshit is still using? I have no experience with (I guess you would call) high functioning druggies.
I'm not into the weaponizations claims. I think they have been proving correct. All the asshole that claim weaponizations of the department, have mostly been found guilty, confessed, or enough valid information in evidence on indictments, that will likely be found guilty. It could be, the assholes complaining they were targeted due to weaponizations, could have chosen not to break the law. Hell with them.
Hunter's been an addict of years. He'll be right back on the shit the minute the spot light isn't on him and he's not being babysat 24/7 and be dead in short order.

Is there really any question that higher ups in the DOJ have politicized the FBI, the IRS and the DOJ? It's gone way past a small problem at this point. Half the country doesn't trust anything the FBI says. They used to be one of the most respected law enforcement agencies in the world and now their reputation has been hurt to the extent that there is serious talk of shutting them down and starting over with a new agency.

Hunter's been an addict of years. He'll be right back on the shit the minute the spot light isn't on him and he's not being babysat 24/7 and be dead in short order.

Is there really any question that higher ups in the DOJ have politicized the FBI, the IRS and the DOJ? It's gone way past a small problem at this point. Half the country doesn't trust anything the FBI says. They used to be one of the most respected law enforcement agencies in the world and now their reputation has been hurt to the extent that there is serious talk of shutting them down and starting over with a new agency.
I had not given it any thought, but bet you are correct, somebody babysitting him while Joe is in office. At best, he is an embarrassment.

The controversy surrounding codes of conduct for the SCOTUS seems to be mostly partisan bickering. There is no valid reason whatsoever to stall the process. I know some are concerned that it is targeted at the conservatives on the court but these things always balance themselves out in the long run. Alito and Thomas are being accused but so is Sotomayor. Imo this is an important issue.

Jo

The problem with that is who is going to have the authority to enforce the code of conduct? You see the way the left abuses power. If given the chance they will use any code of conduct to influence and threaten the SCOTUS.

Bad idea.

The problem with that is who is going to have the authority to enforce the code of conduct? You see the way the left abuses power. If given the chance they will use any code of conduct to influence and threaten the SCOTUS.

Bad idea.
Yeah anything up to including buying a popsicle without permission can be prosecutable.

I'm pretty sure that whoever they are they don't have the power to impeach anyone.
Nobody said they did. They tried to take the first step.

However:

CLC wrote a letter to the Judicial Conference in April requesting the body refer Thomas to the Department of Justice (DOJ) “for potential criminal and civil penalties” after ProPublica reported that Thomas did not disclose expense-paid trips he took with Crow—allegations that legal experts told the DCNF did not demonstrate wrongdoing. American Constitution Society President Russ Feingold backed this call for a DOJ investigation in April, and he argued Congress “has a duty to check the Supreme Court” by imposing ethics rules and “rigorously investigating violations of federal law and flagrant ethics lapses.”
In April, Demand Justice’s Deputy Chief Counsel Katie O’Connor joined Democratic lawmakers in calling for “immediate ethics reforms” based on ProPublica’s reporting. During the press event, O’Connor called for Thomas’ resignation.

ProPublica’s Top Donors Also Bankroll Activist Groups Targeting Justice Clarence Thomas

Nobody said they did. They tried to take the first step.

However:

CLC wrote a letter to the Judicial Conference in April requesting the body refer Thomas to the Department of Justice (DOJ) “for potential criminal and civil penalties” after ProPublica reported that Thomas did not disclose expense-paid trips he took with Crow—allegations that legal experts told the DCNF did not demonstrate wrongdoing. American Constitution Society President Russ Feingold backed this call for a DOJ investigation in April, and he argued Congress “has a duty to check the Supreme Court” by imposing ethics rules and “rigorously investigating violations of federal law and flagrant ethics lapses.”
In April, Demand Justice’s Deputy Chief Counsel Katie O’Connor joined Democratic lawmakers in calling for “immediate ethics reforms” based on ProPublica’s reporting. During the press event, O’Connor called for Thomas’ resignation.

ProPublica’s Top Donors Also Bankroll Activist Groups Targeting Justice Clarence Thomas

It was highly unethical.

Forum List

Back