I support 8.25/hour national minimum wage(house republicans do it!)

RAISING THE MINIMUM WAGE WILL SIGNIFICANTLY INCREASE CONSUMER SPENDING. THIS HELPS THE ECONOMY. ANY OF THE SMALL CAPITAL THAT IS LOST WHEN INITIALLY RAISING IT WILL BE RECOVERED OVER TIME.
You mind explaining to us all how paying people more for their labor than they are worth today is going to end up in the company actually making more later?

Second, please explain how losing money due to wages is considered "small capital". And in your mind an actual investment in future profits.

Show me how that works exactly because if that is true then company owners could simply pay employees far more than they are worth and at some point in time actually make more money from doing so. I want to see your mathematics for this one.

Oregon has a $9/hour minimum wage. So the argument that it kills business doesn't work.
Wait a minute....Without supporting data, we're just supposed to accept that?

Oregon and Washington still have businesses. It is real life..
No they don't. What they have is a few business' that can afford the pay scale while nobody else can move into the market and give people a better choice. Eventually those favored business' will begin losing share as the people can't or won't spend their money on those products.

Oregon and Washington are in the fast lane to Detroit economics. But you voted for that so it's not my problem.

Last edited:
RAISING THE MINIMUM WAGE WILL SIGNIFICANTLY INCREASE CONSUMER SPENDING. THIS HELPS THE ECONOMY. ANY OF THE SMALL CAPITAL THAT IS LOST WHEN INITIALLY RAISING IT WILL BE RECOVERED OVER TIME.

RAISING THE MINIMUM WAGE WILL SIGNIFICANTLY INCREASE CONSUMER SPENDING.

How much will it increase?
It's not hard to figure out. If raised to 10.10, 16.5 million people would see their wages go up. Obviously that would be significant.

You mind explaining to us all how paying people more for their labor than they are worth today is going to end up in the company actually making more later?

Second, please explain how losing money due to wages is considered "small capital". And in your mind an actual investment in future profits.

Show me how that works exactly because if that is true then company owners could simply pay employees far more than they are worth and at some point in time actually make more money from doing so. I want to see your mathematics for this one.
Why are you so convinced people aren't worth the extra cost of labor? I know concepts like inflation escape you RWs but try and keep up. The last time a person could comfortably live off 10.10 was the 1970s. Imagine how anyone making less than that feel? That's 16.5 million of them.

The proposed democratic wage increase would take two years to implement. It would be gradually raised over those two years. Businesses would be able to predict to a large extent how their businesses would be effected.

My mathematics is based on inflation and that 1% of the top earners own 40% of the nation's wealth. Corporate profits have never been higher. Overall GDP has never been higher. The nation can afford it.

The current national minimum wage is 7.25/hour. I am asking the house republicans to put forward a bill to raise that a full dollar to 8.25/hour for the federal minimum wage. I am NOT talking about 10.10/hour that the democrats want. I am talking about getting caught up a little with the times.

Can we do this? We're the wealthiest nation on earth, but yet we're losing our middle class so fast it is down right scary.

Out of curiousity, how did you arrive at the number that anyone not worth $8.25 an hour should be prohibited by government with force from working?
Like the libs he agrees with, they pulled it out the air.

I never did get an answer how Mattie arrived that no one not worth $8.25 should be allowed to get a job by government.

It's not hard to figure out. If raised to 10.10, 16.5 million people would see their wages go up. Obviously that would be significant.

It's not hard to figure out.

Excellent. Then you can show me.

Obviously that would be significant.

How significant? Show me.

Agreed, Toddster. No one would see their wages go up except people who's wages would have gone up anyway. The ones not worth the new minimum wage will be fired and unemployable, just like ones worth $5 are now. As an employer, there are a lot of people who aren't worth $7.25. Their applications and experience show that when they apply for a job, lots of short term gigs and lots of gaps. They can't hold a job.

You don't EVER present your sources let alone facts by themselves yet you expect me to do both while breaking down the simplest of information for you. You're a child.

You can't possibly calculate this simpleton. If you raised the minimum wage it's open ended. What you want me to calculate the extra demand that would be created between now and eternity? Do you realize how ridiculous you sound? This isn't hard to figure out. If people have a bigger paycheck they spend more money. This is basic common sense.

Agreed, Toddster. No one would see their wages go up except people who's wages would have gone up anyway. The ones not worth the new minimum wage will be fired and unemployable, just like ones worth $5 are now. As an employer, there are a lot of people who aren't worth $7.25. Their applications and experience show that when they apply for a job, lots of short term gigs and lots of gaps. They can't hold a job.
It's simple information dude. If it was raised to 10.10, 16.5 million people would see their wages increase.

You don't EVER present your sources let alone facts by themselves yet you expect me to do both while breaking down the simplest of information for you. You're a child.

You can't possibly calculate this simpleton. If you raised the minimum wage it's open ended. What you want me to calculate the extra demand that would be created between now and eternity? Do you realize how ridiculous you sound? This isn't hard to figure out. If people have a bigger paycheck they spend more money. This is basic common sense.

What you want me to calculate the extra demand that would be created between now and eternity?

You made the stupid claim and you didn't already do the calculation? LOL!
I'd be happy if you showed the increase for the first year.

It's simple information dude. If it was raised to 10.10, 16.5 million people would see their wages increase.

No, they would be fired and people worth $10.10 would be hired to replace them. Though not as many, Walmart would find ways to cut staff to offset the cost and look for more ways to automate. People worth $10.10 an hour will get that eventually anyway. No one not worth that will keep a job. It's basic logic. It's also what I do for a living. I have one employee in my business who makes less than $10.10 an hour and he makes $9.50. He has issues, he needs to be micromanaged. Sometimes he does good work, sometimes he does butt stupid things and the work as to be redone. I won't pay him $10.10, I'll let him go.

No, they would be fired and people worth $10.10 would be hired to replace them. Though not as many, Walmart would find ways to cut staff to offset the cost and look for more ways to automate. People worth $10.10 an hour will get that eventually anyway. No one not worth that will keep a job. It's basic logic. It's also what I do for a living. I have one employee in my business who makes less than $10.10 an hour and he makes $9.50. He has issues, he needs to be micromanaged. Sometimes he does good work, sometimes he does butt stupid things and the work as to be redone. I won't pay him $10.10, I'll let him go.
You're making a connection between worth and pay without quantitying what worth means. It's a faulty assumption. You cant possibly predict how many will be fired. The truth of the matter is no matter what employers are going to higher workers at 10.10/h. That's really all that matters.

You're making a connection between worth and pay without quantitying what worth means. It's a faulty assumption. You cant possibly predict how many will be fired. The truth of the matter is no matter what employers are going to higher workers at 10.10/h. That's really all that matters.

I agree, good thing I didn't do that. I said ones not worth the new minimum wage will be fired, those worth it would have gotten it eventually anyway. I did not predict how many would be fired.

And wow, it's sad that liberals know zero about economics. The highest wage a worker can get is their market value as an employee. If Walmart is paying them $8 an hour, and they work there, no one else is offering them more. Walmart could get a better employee for $10, but the amount better the employee would be isn't worth the extra $2 to them.

Seriously, you get a lot better employee for $10 an hour, I know from extensive hiring experience having owned a restaurant. I had some $10 positions, some $7-8 positions. You make me pay them all $10 and I'd have hired only the better ones. No brainer.

So you raise it to $10, they have to pay $10, they will fire the $8 employee and hire a $10 employee since you are forcing them to pay that. Basic logic would tell you that. Which is sadly what you don't have.

I agree, good thing I didn't do that. I said ones not worth the new minimum wage will be fired, those worth it would have gotten it eventually anyway. I did not predict how many would be fired.

And wow, it's sad that liberals know zero about economics. The highest wage a worker can get is their market value as an employee. If Walmart is paying them $8 an hour, and they work there, no one else is offering them more. Walmart could get a better employee for $10, but the amount better the employee would be isn't worth the extra $2 to them.

Seriously, you get a lot better employee for $10 an hour, I know from extensive hiring experience having owned a restaurant. I had some $10 positions, some $7-8 positions. You make me pay them all $10 and I'd have hired only the better ones. No brainer.

So you raise it to $10, they have to pay $10, they will fire the $8 employee and hire a $10 employee since you are forcing them to pay that. Basic logic would tell you that. Which is sadly what you don't have.
You're talking about an abstract concept here. Because there is no way to quantify an employee's worth based on pay in a statistical way, your point is moot. Who the fuck knows how employers will actually respond to this wage increase based on your logic. Like I said, even if some employers do fire workers because they feel they aren't worth the new pay, so the fuck what? Either way they will hire employees for the job won't they?

You're talking about an abstract concept here. Because there is no way to quantify an employee's worth based on pay in a statistical way, your point is moot.
Um...we know exactly what they are worth in pay. They show up for work with what Walmart pays them.

Who the fuck knows how employers will actually respond to this wage increase based on your logic. Like I said, even if some employers do fire workers because they feel they aren't worth the new pay, so the fuck what? Either way they will hire employees for the job won't they?

You obviously know nothing about hiring. I always marvel at the arrogant ignorance liberals so freely display lecturing to people about what you know nothing and I do for a living. As I said, there is a CLEAR difference in $8 and $10 employees. $8 will come for training and then not show up their first day on the job. Or they will not show up on a particular shift and that's how they quit. Or they will drink beer and go out on deliveries. I'm not speaking hypothetical, those are routine things that frequently happened to me.

For $10, you don't get a lot of skills, but you get people who are a lot more reliable in terms of showing up and at least making an effort to do a decent job. You can tell in their resumes, they are a lot more complete, they hop jobs less and are unemployed shorter periods. They also tend to actually have some references. This is in The Triangle of North Carolina. Not exactly Manhattan, but not cheap to live either. The $10 employees tend to have long drives to towns in the extended area.

You're talking about an abstract concept here. Because there is no way to quantify an employee's worth based on pay in a statistical way, your point is moot.
Um...we know exactly what they are worth in pay. They show up for work with what Walmart pays them.

Who the fuck knows how employers will actually respond to this wage increase based on your logic. Like I said, even if some employers do fire workers because they feel they aren't worth the new pay, so the fuck what? Either way they will hire employees for the job won't they?

You obviously know nothing about hiring. I always marvel at the arrogant ignorance liberals so freely display lecturing to people about what you know nothing and I do for a living. As I said, there is a CLEAR difference in $8 and $10 employees. $8 will come for training and then not show up their first day on the job. Or they will not show up on a particular shift and that's how they quit. Or they will drink beer and go out on deliveries. I'm not speaking hypothetical, those are routine things that frequently happened to me.

For $10, you don't get a lot of skills, but you get people who are a lot more reliable in terms of showing up and at least making an effort to do a decent job. You can tell in their resumes, they are a lot more complete, they hop jobs less and are unemployed shorter periods. They also tend to actually have some references. This is in The Triangle of North Carolina. Not exactly Manhattan, but not cheap to live either. The $10 employees tend to have long drives to towns in the extended area.
Lol dude all of this is your personal opinion. There's no way to know how other employers will judge their employees. And I will say this a third time, so the fuck what? Either way the employer will hire employees. Hopefully better ones. If not, well I guess that's the nature of business isnt it?

Lol dude all of this is your personal opinion. There's no way to know how other employers will judge their employees. And I will say this a third time, so the fuck what? Either way the employer will hire employees. Hopefully better ones. If not, well I guess that's the nature of business isnt it?

No, it's my experience, moron. And I do management and have for my career since 1988. What you are saying is an "opinion" of which you have no experience at all.

So your position is there is no difference between people? They are like screwdrivers and socket wrenches? Differences in wages are just random? That's just stupid.

The current national minimum wage is 7.25/hour. I am asking the house republicans to put forward a bill to raise that a full dollar to 8.25/hour for the federal minimum wage. I am NOT talking about 10.10/hour that the democrats want. I am talking about getting caught up a little with the times.

Can we do this? We're the wealthiest nation on earth, but yet we're losing our middle class so fast it is down right scary.
Since its inception, MW has never kept up with resulting price increases.

Today's wage of $7.25 does not buy what the original wage of $.75 bought.

Today, most minimum wage dollars go to middle class kids living at home.

The minimum wage issue is a typical Alinskyite tactic.

It creates division, as it was intended.

Forum List

Back