I supported gay marriage, but the slippery slope we were warned about is happening!!!

GHook93

Aristotle
Apr 22, 2007
I strongly supported gay marriage and was happy when the SCOTUS made it the law of the land (despite my personal feelings against legislating from the bench). Yet the gay marriage opposition warned us about the slippery slope:

First, it was the persecution of Christians (notice not Muslims who are free to deny fag's service) to deny serves to a gay marriage based on religious beliefs. Yet the argument was the bakery is a bigot so please carry on.

Second, it was you can't say anything to offend the sensitive people of the world or the non-tolerant left will ruin your life.

Now, they want grown men to use the same bathroom, locker rooms and showers as women and young girls. This was unthinkable even 5 yrs ago and now the left is destroying anyone who disagrees with it.

Next on agenda will be child marriage. I guarantee it will come from a Muslim who says they want to marry a child. Child marriage laws will be eroded. Sounds unthinkable, yet few years ago so was men in women's bathrooms.

Next will be bigamy. It will go hand and hand with child marriage. This one is inevitable.

I am not sure I don't still support gay marriage, but the slippery slope is getting frightening!

I strongly supported gay marriage and was happy when the SCOTUS made it the law of the land (despite my personal feelings against legislating from the bench). Yet the gay marriage opposition warned us about the slippery slope:

First, it was the persecution of Christians (notice not Muslims who are free to deny fag's service) to deny serves to a gay marriage based on religious beliefs. Yet the argument was the bakery is a bigot so please carry on.

Second, it was you can't say anything to offend the sensitive people of the world or the non-tolerant left will ruin your life.

Now, they want grown men to use the same bathroom, locker rooms and showers as women and young girls. This was unthinkable even 5 yrs ago and now the left is destroying anyone who disagrees with it.

Next on agenda will be child marriage. I guarantee it will come from a Muslim who says they want to marry a child. Child marriage laws will be eroded. Sounds unthinkable, yet few years ago so was men in women's bathrooms.

Next will be bigamy. It will go hand and hand with child marriage. This one is inevitable.

I am not sure I don't still support gay marriage, but the slippery slope is getting frightening!
----------------------------------------- with respect but its never good to do away with long standing traditions and Western thinking and laws . Most people that do that are being emotional rather than thoughtful . AS another example , See Reagans first amnesty to see the position that that little trick has put the USA .

Last edited:
Yeah, the end is nigh and all that shit.

Jeeez but you people do get all het up over nothing. There is nothing at all "frightening" about equality.

No christians have been or will be "persecuted". Quit whining.

Second, its the RWNJs who want to marry children and have repeatedly defended it on this board.

Third, bigamy? So what?

Fourth, no one wants grown men to use women's bathrooms.

Okay, you can go back to making up weird crap.

Alternatively, you could stop trying to control other people's private lives with bigger and more invasive laws, stop Peeping Tom, stop peeking at people's pee pee's and

MYOB

Most state public accommodation laws that protect gays predate last June's ruling. Perhaps all of them, I am not sure.

Again, I think all public accommodation laws are bullshit and businesses should be free to serve or not serve any person for any reason they see fit.

There is no slippery slope. You're an idiot.

Most state public accommodation laws that protect gays predate last June's ruling. Perhaps all of them, I am not sure.

Again, I think all public accommodation laws are bullshit and businesses should be free to serve or not serve any person for any reason they see fit.

I see Target is taking it up the chute (no pun intended) for their stance.

Yeah, the end is nigh and all that shit.

Jeeez but you people do get all het up over nothing. There is nothing at all "frightening" about equality.

No christians have been or will be "persecuted". Quit whining.

Second, its the RWNJs who want to marry children and have repeatedly defended it on this board.

Third, bigamy? So what?

Fourth, no one wants grown men to use women's bathrooms.

Okay, you can go back to making up weird crap.

Alternatively, you could stop trying to control other people's private lives with bigger and more invasive laws, stop Peeping Tom, stop peeking at people's pee pee's and

MYOB

A transsexual male (many are transitioning to become lesbians) are simalarily situated to straight males.

If you allow one, you cannot prohibit the other.

It is the legal standard that overturned gay marriage bans.

You are either stupid or a dupe.

I'm betting both

There is no slippery slope. You're an idiot.

No, no slippery slope at all. It is actually reality. The only way to claim otherwise is to dump the "simalarily situated " legal theory.

You good with that?

"First, it was the persecution of Christians (notice not Muslims who are free to deny fag's service) to deny serves to a gay marriage based on religious beliefs. Yet the argument was the bakery is a bigot so please carry on."

Wrong.

Not all states have public accommodations laws, and not all states have public accommodations laws with provisions for sexual orientation.

Oregon has such a provision, Michigan not – and it was in Michigan where the Muslim business owner refused to accommodate a gay patron.

If a Muslim baker were to refuse to accommodate a gay patron in Oregon, he’d be subject to the same lawsuit as that of a Christian baker.

I am all for people taking their money elsewhere if they don't support certain business practices.

"Second, it was you can't say anything to offend the sensitive people of the world or the non-tolerant left will ruin your life.

Now, they want grown men to use the same bathroom, locker rooms and showers as women and young girls. This was unthinkable even 5 yrs ago and now the left is destroying anyone who disagrees with it."

Wrong.

This fails as a straw man fallacy.

And this nonsense about ‘bathrooms’ fails as a red herring fallacy.

I am all for people taking their money elsewhere if they don't support certain business practices.

Agreed and it seems people are going elsewhere other than Target. They would have been wise to remain neutral instead of pandering to a very small segment of the population. Horrible business decision

Agreed and it seems people are going elsewhere other than Target. They would have been wise to remain neutral instead of pandering to a very small segment of the population. Horrible business decision

Time will certainly tell one way or the other.

I swear most of this forum has become a discussion about bakers and bathrooms. lol

Time will certainly tell one way or the other.

I swear most of this forum has become a discussion about bakers and bathrooms. lol

This too shall pass, people have the attention span of gnats

“Next on agenda will be child marriage. I guarantee it will come from a Muslim who says they want to marry a child. Child marriage laws will be eroded. Sounds unthinkable, yet few years ago so was men in women's bathrooms.”

Wrong.

This fails as a slippery slope fallacy, in addition to being ignorant, ridiculous, and moronic bigotry.

Obergefell in no way ‘changes’ or ‘erodes’ a state’s marriage law.

OK! Oh look! GHook has had a sex change! of mind.

I can remember dozens of intolerant arguments lasting pages and pages of mindless replies back and forth when I came here. It was so crazy that I can't even remember one topic.. just the endless bickering.

Now.. this guy claims he is all about the sensitivity for the pervs AKA LBGTIV fags and weirdos.

You did bring up one very good point though and that is that the muslims must be getting special treatment.

Carry on.

“Next on agenda will be child marriage. I guarantee it will come from a Muslim who says they want to marry a child. Child marriage laws will be eroded. Sounds unthinkable, yet few years ago so was men in women's bathrooms.”

Wrong.

This fails as a slippery slope fallacy, in addition to being ignorant, ridiculous, and moronic bigotry.

Obergefell in no way ‘changes’ or ‘erodes’ a state’s marriage law.

Gawd...just shut up, nobody takes your ramblings serious

Couldn't agree more. With the advent of social media & a court system there are plenty of avenues available to pressure businesses without involving more regulations.

“Next will be bigamy. It will go hand and hand with child marriage. This one is inevitable.”

Wrong.

More ignorance and stupidity.

Bigamy is fraud, and prohibiting a person already married to marry another is perfectly Constitutional.

Again, Obergefell in no way ‘changed’ any state’s marriage law, it acknowledged the fact that same-sex couples are eligible to enter into marriage contracts as that contract law is currently written – unchanged, unaltered, and not ‘redefined.’

Forum List

Back