I Think My School District Just Turned Me Into A Trump Voter

Hopefully one day there will be a huge cultural pushback that kills this silly shit.

Not holding my breath, though. The Regressive Left has too much control at this point.

Here's a post ^^ that puts its finger directly and correctly on the issue ("cultural pushback")....

---- and then immediately switches horses to "politics".
shoot-foot.gif

I know, your typical reaction will be to click a "funny" on this post and run away. Why don't you, just once, essplain to the class what "politics" has to do with cultural values.

If you can.

An emoji with a gun? You're stepping over the line.

Yanno what, I didn't even notice the irony. But I'll take credit for the pun anyway.

It's just one more example of Gun Culture obsessed with shooting up shit, that it's ingrained in our colloquial everyday language. To "shoot oneself in the foot" could be rendered a million ways, yet we habitually do so with a gun reference. To "shoot the messenger". To "give it a shot". To "come in with guns blazing". To "shoot down an idea" or to "shoot an argument full of holes". To "stick to your guns". "Loaded for bear". To "pull the trigger on" a decision. To "ride shotgun". "Shotgun house" (one of the most bizarre)*. To be a "straight shooter" who "shoots from the hip" or to be a "real pistol". To "bite the bullet". To be "gun shy" or have a "hair trigger". To be "looking down the barrel of" something. To have something "in your sights" to "shoot for". To "shoot the wounded". On and on and on.

Cultural symptoms identifying a cultural obsession in no uncertain terms. We might say they're "right on target".

*"shotgun house", common in New Orleans, refers to a house designed with a short front face (to minimize real estate taxes) and a loooooooong frame where you walk in through each room to get to the next. The expression comes from the concept that you could stand at the front door and fire a shotgun through the back door in a straight line, which demonstrates some kind of sicko standard that it would be a perfectly normal thing to be firing a shotgun through your own house.

Huh? Does that mean you're taking responsibility for stepping over the line that liberals drew?

So you are calling all teachers commies.....because teachers' unions are made up of teachers.
I would say a majority, yes.
So, if this is so, why aren't people like you of the conservative republican persuasion going into teaching to swing the pendulum?
you think he's gonna put in 4-5 years and then a masters for a job that pays less than a physicians asst. only to find out he's expected to get between a nut with a .223 and a bunch of other people's kids disregarding his own wife and kids?

Hopefully one day there will be a huge cultural pushback that kills this silly shit.

Not holding my breath, though. The Regressive Left has too much control at this point.

Here's a post ^^ that puts its finger directly and correctly on the issue ("cultural pushback")....

---- and then immediately switches horses to "politics".
shoot-foot.gif

I know, your typical reaction will be to click a "funny" on this post and run away. Why don't you, just once, essplain to the class what "politics" has to do with cultural values.

If you can.

An emoji with a gun? You're stepping over the line.

Yanno what, I didn't even notice the irony. But I'll take credit for the pun anyway.

It's just one more example of Gun Culture obsessed with shooting up shit, that it's ingrained in our colloquial everyday language. To "shoot oneself in the foot" could be rendered a million ways, yet we habitually do so with a gun reference. To "shoot the messenger". To "give it a shot". To "come in with guns blazing". To "shoot down an idea" or to "shoot an argument full of holes". To "stick to your guns". "Loaded for bear". To "pull the trigger on" a decision. To "ride shotgun". "Shotgun house" (one of the most bizarre)*. To be a "straight shooter" who "shoots from the hip" or to be a "real pistol". To "bite the bullet". To be "gun shy" or have a "hair trigger". To be "looking down the barrel of" something. To have something "in your sights" to "shoot for". To "shoot the wounded". On and on and on.

Cultural symptoms identifying a cultural obsession in no uncertain terms. We might say they're "right on target".

*"shotgun house", common in New Orleans, refers to a house designed with a short front face (to minimize real estate taxes) and a loooooooong frame where you walk in through each room to get to the next. The expression comes from the concept that you could stand at the front door and fire a shotgun through the back door in a straight line, which demonstrates some kind of sicko standard that it would be a perfectly normal thing to be firing a shotgun through your own house.

Huh? Does that mean you're taking responsibility for stepping over the line that liberals drew?

uh......... what?

Does this post come in an English version? :dunno:

There's plenty more. To be a "hired gun". What you'd settle on "if someone put a gun to your head". To "shoot fish in a barrel". There is no "smoking gun". "Lock, stock and barrel". To "keep your powder dry". To accelerate by "giving 'er the gun" or to "gun it" --- unless of course the car you're driving is "shot". To "jump the gun". "Gunmetal gray". The "whole shootin' match". To "dodge a bullet", to "sweat bullets" or to "take a bullet for" someone. A "shotgun" football formation (from which the QB may throw a "bomb"). A "shotgun wedding". A "scattershot approach". To be "under the gun"......

Last edited:
So my son, a high school sophomore, is sitting in class and the teacher leaves the room for some reason.

The kids start goofing off and my son and his best friend start aiming their fingers at each other and going bang-bang. They play a lot of PUBG. They're kids. This is what kids do.

Some other fucking candyass motherfucking pussy soap bubble of a punk in the class tells the teacher when she comes back that my son was pretending to shoot a gun at HER (the teacher). The teacher wasn't even in the room!

My son is taken to security and interrogated, and several "witnesses" are interrogated.

The assistant principal calls my wife (because the bitch is terrified of me) and tells my wife my son is suspended, and he cannot return until he sees a fucking shrink.

I shit you not.

This insanity is right out of Kafka.

If there is anyone on Trump's staff, or Rush Limbaugh's show, or Fox News reading this, please PM me. I would like to make these fucking retards into a national embarrassment.

Thank you.

I have two kids in school and the teachers are terrible. Your case is really awful. I am an Independent but I cannot stand the illogic of the Left. My daughter's friend asked to use the ladies room and the teacher said no, you have to use the gender neutral bathroom because it is closest. Now that bathroom is safe with one toilet and a lock but the girl felt uncomfortable for some reason using a room that boys can use too so she asked to go to the ladies room again and was sent to the prinicipal. That girl's mom went ape nuts. The mom was told her daughter needs sensitivity training. LMAO.

If that was my kid, I would have been livid and that situation is tiny compared to what happened to you. Good luck, sir.

It is stories like yours and the OPs that convinces me that if my kids were still school age, there is no way in hell I would put them in most pubic schools these days. The ones that are still educating kids with real subjects and content are few and far between. Most do much more indoctrinating than educating. I would figure out some way to stay home full time and home school them.
No one should put their kids in public school if they are unhappy with the local district. Home schooling and private schooling are totally legal options. Keep in mind that public schools have to be everything to everyone......they are the default position originally created to educate the children of those farmers and factory workers who could not afford private schools or tutors.

No public schools don't have to be everything to everyone. They were not intended to be that in any generation until the current one. They were expected to educate children--REALLY educate them--in all the basic subjects including proficiency in English, spelling, writing, math, history, geography, social studies, basic science, and if the budget allowed it, they also provided some specialized and advanced course for those with special aptitude or interest including the arts. The best schools prepared students for college and/or to succeed in the real world and that included encouraging them to use logic, reason, and employ critical thinking. Students were required to know certain facts included in their subjects--they might have to know that Columbus sailed the ocean blue in 1492 for instance--but they were not required to have a specific opinion about that. They were given the facts and encouraged to think about the deeper consequences and results that the facts indicated. The students who were able to think outside the box often were rewarded for that even if the teacher personally disagreed.

Schools should educate, not indoctrinate. To require them to be everything to everyone pretty much insures they won't be able to educate anywhere near as competently as they otherwise would.

A kid should be able to express or act out a harmless fantasy without political correctness tyranny knocking him/her down for it.

While I agree with your goals for education, I disagree that public schools are "indoctrinating" anyone. When the right wants to destroy a public institution, they start by casting it as some sort of liberal bastion out to destroy the country. The current vilification of the public school system is entirely reasonable, on the grounds that they are not providing a quality education, but not on the grounds that it's liberal indoctrination.

There has been a lot of criticism with the last few school shooters that these guys were giving off signals and everyone ignored them until too late. This thread is complaining that nobody can joke about school shootings at school any more. No they can't. Such jokes, all too often, turn out to be the precursor to actual shootings which are in no way funny.

So how do we know who to take seriously and who is "just joking"? How is the teacher to know?

When the left wants to destroy and or control a nation, they infiltrate education and control the minds of the children including what they are allowed to say, think, believe, understand as truth, demonstrate.

The teacher is supposed to be trained herself in logic, reason, and critical thinking and if she is, she knows the difference between a threat and kids just being kids. At the very most the 'offense' as described in the OP merited a simple warning that it violated the rules and, unless it was repeated, that should have been it. Given no other information, the school greatly overreacted. And I can believe that to be the case because of so many incidents of this type--many involving very young children--in which the school overreacted every bit as inappropriately.

So my son, a high school sophomore, is sitting in class and the teacher leaves the room for some reason.

The kids start goofing off and my son and his best friend start aiming their fingers at each other and going bang-bang. They play a lot of PUBG. They're kids. This is what kids do.

Some other fucking candyass motherfucking pussy soap bubble of a punk in the class tells the teacher when she comes back that my son was pretending to shoot a gun at HER (the teacher). The teacher wasn't even in the room!

My son is taken to security and interrogated, and several "witnesses" are interrogated.

The assistant principal calls my wife (because the bitch is terrified of me) and tells my wife my son is suspended, and he cannot return until he sees a fucking shrink.

I shit you not.

If there is anyone on Trump's staff, or Rush Limbaugh's show, or Fox News reading this, please PM me. I would like to make these fucking retards into a national embarrassment.

Thank you.

I have two kids in school and the teachers are terrible. Your case is really awful. I am an Independent but I cannot stand the illogic of the Left. My daughter's friend asked to use the ladies room and the teacher said no, you have to use the gender neutral bathroom because it is closest. Now that bathroom is safe with one toilet and a lock but the girl felt uncomfortable for some reason using a room that boys can use too so she asked to go to the ladies room again and was sent to the prinicipal. That girl's mom went ape nuts. The mom was told her daughter needs sensitivity training. LMAO.

If that was my kid, I would have been livid and that situation is tiny compared to what happened to you. Good luck, sir.

It is stories like yours and the OPs that convinces me that if my kids were still school age, there is no way in hell I would put them in most pubic schools these days. The ones that are still educating kids with real subjects and content are few and far between. Most do much more indoctrinating than educating. I would figure out some way to stay home full time and home school them.
No one should put their kids in public school if they are unhappy with the local district. Home schooling and private schooling are totally legal options. Keep in mind that public schools have to be everything to everyone......they are the default position originally created to educate the children of those farmers and factory workers who could not afford private schools or tutors.

No public schools don't have to be everything to everyone. They were not intended to be that in any generation until the current one. They were expected to educate children--REALLY educate them--in all the basic subjects including proficiency in English, spelling, writing, math, history, geography, social studies, basic science, and if the budget allowed it, they also provided some specialized and advanced course for those with special aptitude or interest including the arts. The best schools prepared students for college and/or to succeed in the real world and that included encouraging them to use logic, reason, and employ critical thinking. Students were required to know certain facts included in their subjects--they might have to know that Columbus sailed the ocean blue in 1492 for instance--but they were not required to have a specific opinion about that. They were given the facts and encouraged to think about the deeper consequences and results that the facts indicated. The students who were able to think outside the box often were rewarded for that even if the teacher personally disagreed.

Schools should educate, not indoctrinate. To require them to be everything to everyone pretty much insures they won't be able to educate anywhere near as competently as they otherwise would.

A kid should be able to express or act out a harmless fantasy without political correctness tyranny knocking him/her down for it.
How many times have you sat in a school classroom and watched a teacher "indoctrinate"? What was that teacher "indoctrinating" about? What did you do to either inquire about or try to stop that "indoctrination"?
Teachers indoctrinate students not to hate blacks, Hispanics, the handicapped, gays and non Christians.

That is why conservatives homeschool

While I agree with your goals for education, I disagree that public schools are "indoctrinating" anyone. When the right wants to destroy a public institution, they start by casting it as some sort of liberal bastion out to destroy the country. The current vilification of the public school system is entirely reasonable, on the grounds that they are not providing a quality education, but not on the grounds that it's liberal indoctrination.

There has been a lot of criticism with the last few school shooters that these guys were giving off signals and everyone ignored them until too late. This thread is complaining that nobody can joke about school shootings at school any more. No they can't. Such jokes, all too often, turn out to be the precursor to actual shootings which are in no way funny.

So how do we know who to take seriously and who is "just joking"? How is the teacher to know?

When the left wants to destroy and or control a nation, they infiltrate education and control the minds of the children including what they are allowed to say, think, believe, understand as truth, demonstrate.

The teacher is supposed to be trained herself in logic, reason, and critical thinking and if she is, she knows the difference between a threat and kids just being kids. At the very most the 'offense' as described in the OP merited a simple warning that it violated the rules and, unless it was repeated, that should have been it. Given no other information, the school greatly overreacted. And I can believe that to be the case because of so many incidents of this type--many involving very young children--in which the school overreacted every bit as inappropriately.

It's sad to say this but in this day and age we really don't know who is joking and who isn't. Who is on the verge of snapping. School age children are holding "shooting drills" the way we held Fire Drills when I was growing up.

This is what is going in your schools now every day. Children are afraid to go to school because they fear their school is next. If you're are arming teachers, locking down schools, and having armed guards with semi-automatic weapons in the hallways, you're telling them their fears are justified.

How many times have you sat in a school classroom and watched a teacher "indoctrinate"? What was that teacher "indoctrinating" about? What did you do to either inquire about or try to stop that "indoctrination"?
Teachers indoctrinate students not to hate blacks, Hispanics, the handicapped, gays and non Christians.

I noticed you didn’t mention Jews. How interesting.

I shit you not.

Thank you.

I'm going to, again, focus on this:

Schools should educate, not indoctrinate.
As long as we're talking about our standard system of institutionalized cookie-cutter factories that we force kids into en masse, this statement is an oxymoron. By their very nature such an institution must indoctrinate. It has no other way to function. Requiring that X number of kids sit still and memorize the same rote plan that's been approved by some "we know best" officials at the same time in the same way, is ALL about indoctrination. It requires that the individual parts of that classroom be treated as drones with no individual traits, which are continually suppressed. And it begins with that weirdo flag-fetish prayer which, already first thing in the morning, gets the word out in no uncertain terms that individuality will not be tolerated, which is exactly why I oppose it.

I mean this is the very nature of the beast. If you're sending your kid to school you're sending them to Indoctrination. By design. So it's inevitable that the institution, and eventually the teachers, are going to have to lean on some kind of one-size-fits-all guidelines even if that's not what their idealism took them into teaching to do.

And it's always idealism --- they certainly didn't go into that line of work for the money.

Well if your school indoctrinated, that would explain a lot. However much I love you, I have often wondered why you are the way you are. :)

My school(s) did not indoctrinate in elementary school, junior high (now middle school), high school, or in college. We were certainly required to learn how to spell, diagram a sentence, write with proper punctuation and in whole sentences, and to read and be able to express some understanding of what we had read. By the third grade we had memorized the multiplication tables and could not only figure percentages and do long division, but understood what we were doing. We memorized long passages of great literature and poetry and as a freshman, I did an extensive term paper on the universal truths evident in Shakespeare's "Julius Caesar." I got an A instead of an A+ because of one dangled participle.

We understood basic dates, names, and facts of history and also had some concept of how that history had shaped the nation or nations it involved. We had a good sense of biology, natural selection, the placement of the bodies of the universe, theories of origins of the universe and were allowed to believe intelligent design could have figured into all of that. The kids schooled in Bible fundamentalism were not talked out of that. They had to answer the questions on the test but they were not required to believe them. I believe pretty much every one of those kids grew up accepting science and Creation as not mutually exclusive though. People given freedom to draw their own conclusion about things usually get to the truth sooner or later.

I got an education that allowed me to compete with anybody anywhere. And I couldn't tell you the political party or ideology or religious beliefs or what my teachers personally believed about any of all of that. They gave us the information and we were not influenced in any way to accept it as gospel. But since it was very good information, I'm pretty sure we all mostly arrived at the same general place in our conclusions.

It was not indoctrination. It was education.

And we did have student led prayers in the school and before sporting events and celebrated Christmas and Easter and Hannukah with the Jewish kids. We had baccalaureate services at the school with minister parents of different kids giving the sermon in any given year and sometimes the Rabbi who had a kid in school. We integrated seamlessly years before the government made that mandatory. A lot of the boys allowed to drive to school had gun racks with rifles or shotguns in them in their pickups as did some of the teachers. And we played a lot of cops and robbers and cowboys and Indians on the school grounds with a lot of simulated shootings.

And in all my growing up years, I don't believe there was a single shooting except for one drunk hunter who shot himself in the foot. We felt entirely safe in our unguarded schools and our mostly unlocked homes.

And to suspend a student and sending him to a psychiatrist for simulating 'bang bang' with his finger would have been unthinkable.

Last edited:
You know, I live in Amarillo, and a couple of months ago, the same thing happened to a friend of mine's son. His son (a Sophmore I think), did the same thing, he pointed a finger gun at someone and went "bang", and he ended up being suspended from school, as well as had to go to counseling. They also put him on some kind of weird probation for the rest of the time he was at that school.

My friend pulled his son out of that school, and transferred him to another one. Unfortunately, the weird probation followed him.

It's probably too late, but don't go to the school without an attorney in tow. Do that and you'll get an entirely different outcome. The attorney will point out how negligent the school was in allowing their employee to leave the young students unattended, the emotional damage and confusion inflicted upon your child due his expulsion which was a direct result of their negligence, etc. They expect parents to cave to their authority - show them a different face from the onset.

Gird for war.

As long as we're talking about our standard system of institutionalized cookie-cutter factories that we force kids into en masse, this statement is an oxymoron. By their very nature such an institution must indoctrinate. It has no other way to function. Requiring that X number of kids sit still and memorize the same rote plan that's been approved by some "we know best" officials at the same time in the same way, is ALL about indoctrination. It requires that the individual parts of that classroom be treated as drones with no individual traits, which are continually suppressed. And it begins with that weirdo flag-fetish prayer which, already first thing in the morning, gets the word out in no uncertain terms that individuality will not be tolerated, which is exactly why I oppose it.

I mean this is the very nature of the beast. If you're sending your kid to school you're sending them to Indoctrination. By design. So it's inevitable that the institution, and eventually the teachers, are going to have to lean on some kind of one-size-fits-all guidelines even if that's not what their idealism took them into teaching to do.

And it's always idealism --- they certainly didn't go into that line of work for the money.

Well if your school indoctrinated, that would explain a lot. However much I love you, I have often wondered why you are the way you are. :)

My school(s) did not indoctrinate in elementary school, junior high (now middle school), high school, or in college. We were certainly required to learn how to spell, diagram a sentence, write with proper punctuation and in whole sentences, and to read and be able to express some understanding of what we had read. By the third grade we had memorized the multiplication tables and could not only figure percentages and do long division, but understood what we were doing. We memorized long passages of great literature and poetry and as a freshman, I did an extensive term paper on the universal truths evident in Shakespeare's "Julius Caesar." I got an A instead of an A+ because of one dangled participle.

We understood basic dates, names, and facts of history and also had some concept of how that history had shaped the nation or nations it involved. We had a good sense of biology, natural selection, the placement of the bodies of the universe, theories of origins of the universe and were allowed to believe intelligent design could have figured into all of that. The kids schooled in Bible fundamentalism were not talked out of that. They had to answer the questions on the test but they were not required to believe them. I believe pretty much every one of those kids grew up accepting science and Creation as not mutually exclusive though. People given freedom to draw their own conclusion about things usually get to the truth sooner or later.

I got an education that allowed me to compete with anybody anywhere. And I couldn't tell you the political party or ideology or religious beliefs or what my teachers personally believed about any of all of that. They gave us the information and we were not influenced in any way to accept it as gospel. But since it was very good information, I'm pretty sure we all mostly arrived at the same general place in our conclusions.

Well that's interesting since in your previous post you just got done specifically pointing at "the left". I thought of challenging you on that, but you just self-corrected.

It was indoctrinated education. It's a forced cookie-cutter education factory where all the waste end products are supposed to look exactly alike, and are punished when they don't. That's my point here. I learned what I had to in school but really learned far FAR more out of it and still do. An institution that cookie-cuts masses of people into a single mold is probably THE worst way to educate.

Point being, indoctrination is part of the definition of institutionalizing schooling. They go together like milk and cereal.

Maybe he means the "indoctrination" in Texas where the history books called "slavery" a "form of immigration" and removed all references to the genocide of the indigenous peoples.

Every time one of these right wingers tries this "communist indoctrination" bullshit about the American education system, I remind then that neither the teachers nor their unions set the cirriculum, purchase the text books, or decide what the students will be taught. Those decisions are made the State Education Departments, most of whom have been in the control of Republicans for decades, during which time budgets have shrunk, class sizes increased.

The current problems have nothing to do with teacher "indoctrinating" children, and everything to do with generations of Republican State governments cutting funding for schools, cutting salaries for teachers, and issuing voucher programs for Charter School. This patchwork mess, conbined with home schooling is producing a generation of Americans who lack the math, science or computer skills to compete in today's job market.

Millions of jobs across the US are going unfilled because YOUR workers lack the skills to do them. May of those jobs are going to Scandanvian and EU countries, Canada, Australian and New Zealand all of whom have better educated work forces, and more modern and efficient infrastucture.

American culture of "every man woman and child for themselves", and I got mine so fuck you, is dragging your country down. United you stand. Divided you will continue to rip your country apart. If you can't fill the jobs you have now, why would anyone want to build a new high tech factory and not be able to staff it, when in Canada you can staff it with highly trained workers with government health care, and quality infrastructure, and a #1 best country in the world to live in ranking, top 5 in education, gun control, and still have duty free access to the American Market through NAFTA2

It's sad to say this but in this day and age we really don't know who is joking and who isn't. Who is on the verge of snapping. School age children are holding "shooting drills" the way we held Fire Drills when I was growing up.

This is what is going in your schools now every day. Children are afraid to go to school because they fear their school is next. If you're are arming teachers, locking down schools, and having armed guards with semi-automatic weapons in the hallways, you're telling them their fears are justified.

I agree. Political correctness, hyper partisanship, what I call the 'snowflake' syndrome of being afraid or hyper senstive of anybody or any idea that is uncomfortable to you, and a society in which coarseness, rudeness, violence, cruelty, and villains are glorified has made us a hugely divided and more dangerous society than I would have ever though possible 40 or 50 years ago. Irresponsible parents now leave it up to the schools to feed, sometimes clothe, and look after every aspect of a child's well being and don't care what the kids are actually learning or not learning. And because most schools are simply not up the task either to rear or educate those kids properly, we all have suffered.

And the school puts more importance and reacts most forcefully on a kid simulating 'bang bang' with his finger than it puts on how that kid is being prepared to be a happy, successful, productive citizen.

So yes, with very few exceptions, I would not trust the schools with the well being or education of my children these days. I would home school.

I shit you not.

Thank you.

Agreed. Government compulsory schooling needs to be abolished.

Forum List

Back