I Think My School District Just Turned Me Into A Trump Voter

Don't you think that if the federal goverment actually did something to limit access to guns, and reduce people going crazy with weapons, teachers, who seem to be in the line of fire, literally, all too often, might be less nervous?

Any teacher who tells you she/he is nervous about school shootings needs psychiatric treatment or needs to quit listening to gun grabber hysteria.

They are at least 1000x more likely to die on their way to school than to be involved in a school shooting.

But, the propaganda persists because you can't get communism if the people can resist.

Schools are rightly or wrongly (I believe rightly) doing active shooter drills. Of course these creates some anxiety in students and staff.

Any teacher, staffer, student or administrator who is not concerned with guns on campus is a liar or a fool, IMO.

Agreed. But it hardly justifies the nonsense in the OP.

"If you see something ... dismiss it, it's none of your business?

"If you see kids playing bang-bang, don't wet yourself. It's gonna be OK."

guns were taken to school in my day in the 60s and 70s either in car . pickup or school bus and all kids in my society had them for the most part . [mostly .22 rifles with the big azz stuff and shotguns at home] ----------------- just a comment .

Oh bullshit. That didn't happen.

Posted this before but there was ONE (1) occasion where a kid brought firearms to my high school, and the school administration freaked the fuck out. He got suspended. Or maybe expelled, not sure.

This was the same kid who a few years before was the only one who stepped forward when we took a class trip to a museum and they showed us a flintlock and offered to let us handle it. He was the only one interested, and he seemed very interested. That's just observation on my part, but the dots connect.
Yeah, actually they did.

My dad still has the hunting rifle he used to take to school and then go hunting with.

They had hunting clubs in high schools.

Some still do, only they hunt the most dangerous animal, kids.

I have two kids in school and the teachers are terrible. Your case is really awful. I am an Independent but I cannot stand the illogic of the Left. My daughter's friend asked to use the ladies room and the teacher said no, you have to use the gender neutral bathroom because it is closest. Now that bathroom is safe with one toilet and a lock but the girl felt uncomfortable for some reason using a room that boys can use too so she asked to go to the ladies room again and was sent to the prinicipal. That girl's mom went ape nuts. The mom was told her daughter needs sensitivity training. LMAO.

If that was my kid, I would have been livid and that situation is tiny compared to what happened to you. Good luck, sir.

It is stories like yours and the OPs that convinces me that if my kids were still school age, there is no way in hell I would put them in most pubic schools these days. The ones that are still educating kids with real subjects and content are few and far between. Most do much more indoctrinating than educating. I would figure out some way to stay home full time and home school them.
No one should put their kids in public school if they are unhappy with the local district. Home schooling and private schooling are totally legal options. Keep in mind that public schools have to be everything to everyone......they are the default position originally created to educate the children of those farmers and factory workers who could not afford private schools or tutors.

No public schools don't have to be everything to everyone. They were not intended to be that in any generation until the current one. They were expected to educate children--REALLY educate them--in all the basic subjects including proficiency in English, spelling, writing, math, history, geography, social studies, basic science, and if the budget allowed it, they also provided some specialized and advanced course for those with special aptitude or interest including the arts. The best schools prepared students for college and/or to succeed in the real world and that included encouraging them to use logic, reason, and employ critical thinking. Students were required to know certain facts included in their subjects--they might have to know that Columbus sailed the ocean blue in 1492 for instance--but they were not required to have a specific opinion about that. They were given the facts and encouraged to think about the deeper consequences and results that the facts indicated. The students who were able to think outside the box often were rewarded for that even if the teacher personally disagreed.

Schools should educate, not indoctrinate. To require them to be everything to everyone pretty much insures they won't be able to educate anywhere near as competently as they otherwise would.

A kid should be able to express or act out a harmless fantasy without political correctness tyranny knocking him/her down for it.

While I agree with your goals for education, I disagree that public schools are "indoctrinating" anyone. When the right wants to destroy a public institution, they start by casting it as some sort of liberal bastion out to destroy the country. The current vilification of the public school system is entirely reasonable, on the grounds that they are not providing a quality education, but not on the grounds that it's liberal indoctrination.

I know in MA 90% of teachers are Leftists. Cannot speak for other states.
Chicken or egg?

So my son, a high school sophomore, is sitting in class and the teacher leaves the room for some reason.

The kids start goofing off and my son and his best friend start aiming their fingers at each other and going bang-bang. They play a lot of PUBG. They're kids. This is what kids do.

Some other fucking candyass motherfucking pussy soap bubble of a punk in the class tells the teacher when she comes back that my son was pretending to shoot a gun at HER (the teacher). The teacher wasn't even in the room!

My son is taken to security and interrogated, and several "witnesses" are interrogated.

The assistant principal calls my wife (because the bitch is terrified of me) and tells my wife my son is suspended, and he cannot return until he sees a fucking shrink.

I shit you not.

This insanity is right out of Kafka.

If there is anyone on Trump's staff, or Rush Limbaugh's show, or Fox News reading this, please PM me. I would like to make these fucking retards into a national embarrassment.

Thank you.

Don't you think that if the federal goverment actually did something to limit access to guns, and reduce people going crazy with weapons, teachers, who seem to be in the line of fire, literally, all too often, might be less nervous?

I see this as a further reason to vote against right wing policies, not for them. People are scared of mass shootings because nothing is done to stop them. Posting armed guards isn't working.

It's not right wing policies, it's the constitutional right.

Also, federal government have no business messing up with local schools.

Liberals fuck up everything they touch. SJW is a destructive force in this country.

So my son, a high school sophomore, is sitting in class and the teacher leaves the room for some reason.

The kids start goofing off and my son and his best friend start aiming their fingers at each other and going bang-bang. They play a lot of PUBG. They're kids. This is what kids do.

Some other fucking candyass motherfucking pussy soap bubble of a punk in the class tells the teacher when she comes back that my son was pretending to shoot a gun at HER (the teacher). The teacher wasn't even in the room!

My son is taken to security and interrogated, and several "witnesses" are interrogated.

The assistant principal calls my wife (because the bitch is terrified of me) and tells my wife my son is suspended, and he cannot return until he sees a fucking shrink.

I shit you not.

If there is anyone on Trump's staff, or Rush Limbaugh's show, or Fox News reading this, please PM me. I would like to make these fucking retards into a national embarrassment.

Thank you.

If you're on face book you can leave messages on the Fox face book pages to suggest the story. I would suggest leaving it on Tucker Carlson's page. This is the types of stories he just loves.

guns were taken to school in my day in the 60s and 70s either in car . pickup or school bus and all kids in my society had them for the most part . [mostly .22 rifles with the big azz stuff and shotguns at home] ----------------- just a comment .

Posted this before but there was ONE (1) occasion where a kid brought firearms to my high school, and the school administration freaked the fuck out. He got suspended. Or maybe expelled, not sure.

This was the same kid who a few years before was the only one who stepped forward when we took a class trip to a museum and they showed us a flintlock and offered to let us handle it. He was the only one interested, and he seemed very interested. That's just observation on my part, but the dots connect.
Yeah, actually they did.

My dad still has the hunting rifle he used to take to school and then go hunting with.

---------------------------------- and target ranges at the KofC and the MASONIC building in the basement . And walk through town with your gun after school to the ranges . Then hitch hike home after shooting at the range or load'er up and walk through the woods plinking or shooting at rabbits and squirrels . The big kids had their rifles in their pickups rear windows parked in the school parking lots .

So you're ass-suming every teacher drives to their work huh?
Are you really going with that deflection? Seriously?

Okay, so let's move these retarded goalposts and do it again:

U.S. Lightning Deaths in 2018: 20**

Let's tell those teachers who are walking to work that they are 1.55x more likely to be killed at school or on the way to school by a shooting than being struck and killed by lightning (31 v. 20).

So, yes. I guess those teachers DO have something to worry about.

:laughing0301:

You're such a stupid motherfucker.

I shit you not.

Thank you.

I have two kids in school and the teachers are terrible. Your case is really awful. I am an Independent but I cannot stand the illogic of the Left. My daughter's friend asked to use the ladies room and the teacher said no, you have to use the gender neutral bathroom because it is closest. Now that bathroom is safe with one toilet and a lock but the girl felt uncomfortable for some reason using a room that boys can use too so she asked to go to the ladies room again and was sent to the prinicipal. That girl's mom went ape nuts. The mom was told her daughter needs sensitivity training. LMAO.

If that was my kid, I would have been livid and that situation is tiny compared to what happened to you. Good luck, sir.

It is stories like yours and the OPs that convinces me that if my kids were still school age, there is no way in hell I would put them in most pubic schools these days. The ones that are still educating kids with real subjects and content are few and far between. Most do much more indoctrinating than educating. I would figure out some way to stay home full time and home school them.
No one should put their kids in public school if they are unhappy with the local district. Home schooling and private schooling are totally legal options. Keep in mind that public schools have to be everything to everyone......they are the default position originally created to educate the children of those farmers and factory workers who could not afford private schools or tutors.

No public schools don't have to be everything to everyone. They were not intended to be that in any generation until the current one. They were expected to educate children--REALLY educate them--in all the basic subjects including proficiency in English, spelling, writing, math, history, geography, social studies, basic science, and if the budget allowed it, they also provided some specialized and advanced course for those with special aptitude or interest including the arts. The best schools prepared students for college and/or to succeed in the real world and that included encouraging them to use logic, reason, and employ critical thinking. Students were required to know certain facts included in their subjects--they might have to know that Columbus sailed the ocean blue in 1492 for instance--but they were not required to have a specific opinion about that. They were given the facts and encouraged to think about the deeper consequences and results that the facts indicated. The students who were able to think outside the box often were rewarded for that even if the teacher personally disagreed.

Schools should educate, not indoctrinate. To require them to be everything to everyone pretty much insures they won't be able to educate anywhere near as competently as they otherwise would.

A kid should be able to express or act out a harmless fantasy without political correctness tyranny knocking him/her down for it.

I'm going to, again, focus on this:

Schools should educate, not indoctrinate.
As long as we're talking about our standard system of institutionalized cookie-cutter factories that we force kids into en masse, this statement is an oxymoron. By their very nature such an institution must indoctrinate. It has no other way to function. Requiring that X number of kids sit still and memorize the same rote plan that's been approved by some "we know best" officials at the same time in the same way, is ALL about indoctrination. It requires that the individual parts of that classroom be treated as drones with no individual traits, which are continually suppressed. And it begins with that weirdo flag-fetish prayer which, already first thing in the morning, gets the word out in no uncertain terms that individuality will not be tolerated, which is exactly why I oppose it.

I mean this is the very nature of the beast. If you're sending your kid to school you're sending them to Indoctrination. By design. So it's inevitable that the institution, and eventually the teachers, are going to have to lean on some kind of one-size-fits-all guidelines even if that's not what their idealism took them into teaching to do.

And it's always idealism --- they certainly didn't go into that line of work for the money.

Last edited:
Have you ever seen this map?
upload_2019-2-13_11-22-54-jpeg.245690
This is how COUNTIES voted in 2016. School districts are run locally with county control.......and yet you blame Democrats.
It's not necessarily about Democrats. It's commies.

Teachers' Unions (llike all labor unions) are communist organizations.

Next.

So you are calling all teachers commies.....because teachers' unions are made up of teachers.
-------------------------------- i mostly call them Pwicks Bode and they are union members which should not be allowed .

While I agree with your goals for education, I disagree that public schools are "indoctrinating" anyone. When the right wants to destroy a public institution, they start by casting it as some sort of liberal bastion out to destroy the country. The current vilification of the public school system is entirely reasonable, on the grounds that they are not providing a quality education, but not on the grounds that it's liberal indoctrination.

Chicken or egg?

Good question. Interestingly enough when I speak with business people they lean red.

I shit you not.

Thank you.

As long as we're talking about our standard system of institutionalized cookie-cutter factories that we force kids into en masse, this statement is an oxymoron. By their very nature such an institution must indoctrinate. It has no other way to function. Requiring that X number of kids sit still and memorize the same rote plan that's been approved by some "we know best" officials at the same time in the same way, is ALL about indoctrination. It requires that the individual parts of that classroom be treated as drones with no individual traits, which are continually suppressed. And it begins with that weirdo flag-fetish prayer which, already first thing in the morning, gets the word out in no uncertain terms that individuality will not be tolerated, which is exactly why I oppose it.

I mean this is the very nature of the beast. If you're sending your kid to school you're sending them to Indoctrination. By design.
Quit teaching socialized programs then

I shit you not.

Thank you.

I mean this is the very nature of the beast. If you're sending your kid to school you're sending them to Indoctrination. By design.

Not anymore. The HS where my oldest goes is nothing like that. A lot more self learning and group work. She is in all high honors and AP classes though.

Define "Leftists".

and i don't know who you refer to but it was 'mrobama' running guns into 'mexico' Pogo also in post number 273 .

Post 273 refers to the post it quoted, just like any other post does including this one. And it had nothing to do with "Mexico". It was an observation of the irony that, in an event connected to gun violence in schools, the OP's title suggests he'd vote for an asshat who publicly advocated running guns INTO those same schools, making that threat of gun violence an everyday hair-trigger reality much more than it already is.

I'm guessing it would take more than that for g5000 to actually support Trump. He's making a point about how badly the Democrats are fucking up.

That could be his aim (<< see? another gun reference) but he hasn't explained how Rump, or "Democrats", or "politics", has anything to do with this incident.

Are you kidding? Trump's strongest appeal is that he calls bullshit in this kind of crap. He does it with a sledgehammer that's arguably worse than what he's criticizing. But his perceived willingness to name it, to push back on government micro-management of society, is why working class voters support him. Wake the fuck up. Or your going to lose another election.

I don't run in elections, first off, so I have yet to "lose" one. Second, my point stands ---- no one, including the OP, has explained what the fuck "Rump" or "politics" has to do with a school incident. This is knee-jerk emotionally-based non sequitur bullshit. Presidents have no more to do with cultural values than they have to do with gas prices.

I shit you not.

Thank you.
Was the finger loaded?

Yeah, actually they did.

---------------------------------- and target ranges at the KofC and the MASONIC building in the basement . And walk through town with your gun after school to the ranges . Then hitch hike home after shooting at the range or load'er up and walk through the woods plinking or shooting at rabbits and squirrels . The big kids had their rifles in their pickups rear windows parked in the school parking lots .

Are you guys like 170 years old?

Have you ever seen this map?
upload_2019-2-13_11-22-54-jpeg.245690
This is how COUNTIES voted in 2016. School districts are run locally with county control.......and yet you blame Democrats.
It's not necessarily about Democrats. It's commies.

Teachers' Unions (llike all labor unions) are communist organizations.

Next.

So you are calling all teachers commies.....because teachers' unions are made up of teachers.
-------------------------------- i mostly call them Pwicks Bode and they are union members which should not be allowed .

Unions should not be allowed??

Oh no, do go on ..... :popcorn:

Forum List

Back