I Think Some People Need to Remember Exactly What It Was Like During Trump

Quarantines are a local decision

Trump tried to ban travel from china but nancy pelosi raced to chinatown in san fran l, without a mask, to rub shoulders with the crowd
Just like in war, each battle is the local decision of the General in charge. But the whole idea is to have coordination by the guy in charge of the war. So they aren't going in different directions.

You can call that "force", if you like, but it's nothing AT ALL like the force of legal mandates. It's no different than any other request your employer makes. You can always say no. You won't get arrested and you won't go to jail.

The kind of "force" you're talking about is, essentially, just when someone else won't do what want them to do (eg when an employer won't hire you without a vaccination).

Having the threat of job loss does not allow the patient to “freely” consent to a medical treatment. Period.

Tens of thousands of Americans returned with the virus and quarantine is NOT a local matter when deal with a pandemic
I think he had to make exceptions for US citizens

Imagine the reaction if he didnt

I took the jab and I’m still here annoying the libs

So it cant be all bad
Unfortunately right wing politics has done some serious damage to the nation as a whole. The levels of distrust in societal institutions is a result of Trump’s leadership but also a larger undercurrent of right wing conspiracy adherence.

To right wingers, reality is whatever they want it to be and anything that doesn’t comport with their desired reality is labeled as part of a liberal bias.

Just like in war, each battle is the local decision of the General in charge. But the whole idea is to have coordination by the guy in charge of the war. So they aren't going in different directions.
Democrats refused to cooperate with trump unless they wanted something from him

Quarantines are a local decision

Trump tried to ban travel from china but nancy pelosi raced to chinatown in san fran l, without a mask, to rub shoulders with the crowd
And for Pelosi. She doesn't get Trumps intel from the 16 intelligence agencies telling him how bad the COVID-19 virus was, or what it was doing in China.
Nancy was following what Trump said publicly. To continue live as normal, that it was no worse than the flu, and it would disappear on it's own.

From what Trump was saying, there was no need for a China travel ban.

Unfortunately right wing politics has done some serious damage to the nation as a whole. The levels of distrust in societal institutions is a result of Trump’s leadership but also a larger undercurrent of right wing conspiracy adherence.

To right wingers, reality is whatever they want it to be and anything that doesn’t comport with their desired reality is labeled as part of a liberal bias.
I distrust some national institutions because they have shown themselves to be untrustworthy

That happened before trump came along

Democrats refused to cooperate with trump unless they wanted something from him
What do you mean refused to cooperate? Trump did virtually nothing. They had to beg him for the defense logistics act help.

Of course he did. But they should have been quarantined
There were US Citizens on the cruise ship, Trump didn't let in.

'I like the numbers being where they are': Trump remarks on Grand Princess passengers

The US president has said he would rather have people remain onboard a cruise ship, which was denied entry to San Francisco over coronavirus concerns.

Trump conceded on Friday that he would let others decide whether to allow the passengers to leave the Grand Princess, where 35 people have reported flu-like symptoms. Trump appeared to explicitly acknowledge his political concerns about the outbreak, saying: 'I don’t need to have the numbers double because of one ship that wasn’t our fault'

Last edited:
I distrust some national institutions because they have shown themselves to be untrustworthy

That happened before trump came along
You don’t trust institutions who don’t do what you want.

Grow up.

You should actually have more doubt in your own beliefs that are based on untrustworthy right wing media.

Of course he did. But they should have been quarantined
I don’t really blame Trumo for this. Genuinely, I don’t think the CDC was pushing for this because I don’t really think anyone thought it was truly possible. That, or by the time they had come up with it, it was too late.

He had plenty of authority to quarantine citizens coming from abroad. He didn’t.
Can you quote any democrat politician demanding that at the time?

I dont remember any

Some asian countries were very strict about that

They forced travelers to quarantine for two weeks or more and the did have a lower death rate so maybe we need a national consensus for the next time

But realistically if trump had tried to do so libs would have had a fit and put up a fight

You don’t trust institutions who don’t do what you want.

Grow up.

You should actually have more doubt in your own beliefs that are based on untrustworthy right wing media.
I dont trust institutions that have gone rogue such as the FBI or the lib news media

I don’t really blame Trumo for this. Genuinely, I don’t think the CDC was pushing for this because I don’t really think anyone thought it was truly possible. That, or by the time they had come up with it, it was too late.
It was entirely possible and we have Trump on tape admitting that he knew at the time how serious Covid was

Last edited:
Can you quote any democrat politician demanding that at the time?

I dont remember any

That's because Trump was lying to them, just he was lying to the American people.

It was no worse than the flu, it would go away by itself.

Trump told Bob Woodward, he was deliberately "playing it down".

Trump was briefed on COVID since December 2019.

What do you mean refused to cooperate? Trump did virtually nothing. They had to beg him for the defense logistics act help.
He did what he could to secure supplies that the stated needed but failed to stockpile for themselves

Forum List

Back