I think Trump can win a trade war with China, so long as he doesn't go Hitler for a two-three front

Yes he can, because China needs American money FAR more than America needs trashy little trinkets from China.

There's too many money makers in China that are skating on thin ice to able to weather a trade war with America. Our economy is booming, thanks to president Trump, their's isn't. They like their money, and if they see that the only way to KEEP making money is level the playing the field, they're going to do it. Same with the E.U., who has already capitulated.

Let us know when and how is that going to happen.

U.S. retailers, shoe companies urge Trump not to hit China with tariffs

https://www.bizjournals.com/milwauk...g-big-retailers-sending-trump-letter.amp.html

A number of major national retailers, including Menomonee Falls-based Kohl’s, Sears, Target and Wal-Mart, have sent a letter to President Donald Trump to express their concerns about the impact of the president’s proposed tariffs.

The letter, signed by retailers that represent $1.5 trillion in annual sales and tens of million of American jobs, said the industry is concerned that any benefits from reform for retailers and families will be wiped out by broadly applied tariffs on every day consumer products. The retailers are joined in their concerns by the Retail Industry Leaders Association, American Apparel & Footwear Association and the National Retail Federation.

Hmmm...I wonder why?
23 Brands Caught In Sweatshop Scandals

Wonder what is that has to do with retailers blasting Trump?

Not quite sure I could make any sense of your post. But I'll give it a try. If retailers are getting product dirt cheap from China, or anywhere else for that matter, and that flow of product is threatened, they will lash out. And I'm pretty sure some of those retailers, like Sears for example, cannot afford to pay a higher price for the product.
Then make it in America with American workers. Fuck China.

I agree, although the cost to manufacture the product wouldn't be dirt cheap.

so WTF does Trump win ?

he's already cost soy bean farmers 81.7 million pounds of sales - did he win the empty burlap sacks ?
He’s covering our farmers. We didn’t dig ourselves in this trade deficit hole overnight. It will take time to level the playing field. Farmers support Donald J. Trump and Republicans. That’s a fact. I have friends in Midwest who are grain farmers and they support Trump. They know in the long term they will benefit from it.

https://www.bizjournals.com/milwauk...g-big-retailers-sending-trump-letter.amp.html

A number of major national retailers, including Menomonee Falls-based Kohl’s, Sears, Target and Wal-Mart, have sent a letter to President Donald Trump to express their concerns about the impact of the president’s proposed tariffs.

The letter, signed by retailers that represent $1.5 trillion in annual sales and tens of million of American jobs, said the industry is concerned that any benefits from reform for retailers and families will be wiped out by broadly applied tariffs on every day consumer products. The retailers are joined in their concerns by the Retail Industry Leaders Association, American Apparel & Footwear Association and the National Retail Federation.

Hmmm...I wonder why?

Not quite sure I could make any sense of your post. But I'll give it a try. If retailers are getting product dirt cheap from China, or anywhere else for that matter, and that flow of product is threatened, they will lash out. And I'm pretty sure some of those retailers, like Sears for example, cannot afford to pay a higher price for the product.

I agree, although the cost of the product wouldn't be dirt cheap.
I agree. But Americans making a paycheck from U.S. manufacturers means more money for school districts, more money to local businesses, and health care for workers. Tariffs are a win-win for the USA.

...Milk prices are going down steadily due to tariffs on American cheese so I'm guessing Republicans will come in to save the day after they created the problem in the 1st place; here comes more subsidies to save those Congressional seats! :aargh:
It’s about leveling the playing field so U.S. business and American workers and farmers will stop being fucked dry by unfair trade practices of Europe, Canada, and Asia.

Gee, pissing off China, Russia, N. Korea and Iran, along with Europe and Canada seem so ... remarkable. The remarks which come to mind are absurd, ridiculous, foolish, dumb, asinine and stupid, something only a megalomaniac could create.
The dems have chosen to support China, Russia, N. Korea and Iran, along with Europe and Canada, over US citizens. Very sad to see them align themselves against the US.

LOL what a bunch of crock. It is the Republicans who can't fall over themselves fast enough to suck up to Russia.

Trade Wars are not good for America- or Americans.

Very sad to see Don the Con risking our economy just so he can pretend he has balls with his Trade War.
Again, why do you support punitive tariffs on American goods and services? Just explain your reasoning instead of the typical leftist bullshit.

I guess I'm a leftist, since no one on the right seems able to define what a "leftist" is. But for the moment, as a liberal and a Democratic voter, I support free trade, such as NAFTA & The TPP.

[Trump withdrew the U.S. from the Trans-Pacific Partnership last year, causing fears that it would not prosper without its most influential country. But the remaining 11 members pressed ahead, saying they were showing resolve against protectionism]
Link to above:
11 nations sign Pacific free trade agreement, not including U.S.

Since we cannot afford to pay the wages to folks who make most durable products in our country, we need to recognize that technology works cheaper, faster, cleaner and with greater accuracy than a human being.

Hence we need to look forward, not backwards as Trump seems to be doing.

Future jobs should focus on technology and service, not manufacturing. Some examples and ideas off the top:

• Reduce the work to 30 hours;
  • Expand the work week to Mon-Sat.
  • those who work: M, T & W will have Th, F and Sat off;
  • Those who work Th, F, & S, will have Sunday, M and Tu off.
  • This will create 52 more Week Ends per year, time for leisure, recreation, shopping, education and travel - opening more jobs in these areas.
I don’t think I can take anyone seriously wanting to lower the work hours that doesn’t realize there are seven days in a week.

Gee, pissing off China, Russia, N. Korea and Iran, along with Europe and Canada seem so ... remarkable. The remarks which come to mind are absurd, ridiculous, foolish, dumb, asinine and stupid, something only a megalomaniac could create.
The dems have chosen to support China, Russia, N. Korea and Iran, along with Europe and Canada, over US citizens. Very sad to see them align themselves against the US.

LOL what a bunch of crock. It is the Republicans who can't fall over themselves fast enough to suck up to Russia.

Very sad to see Don the Con risking our economy just so he can pretend he has balls with his Trade War.
Again, why do you support punitive tariffs on American goods and services? Just explain your reasoning instead of the typical leftist bullshit.

I guess I'm a leftist, since no one on the right seems able to define what a "leftist" is. But for the moment, as a liberal and a Democratic voter, I support free trade, such as NAFTA & The TPP.

[Trump withdrew the U.S. from the Trans-Pacific Partnership last year, causing fears that it would not prosper without its most influential country. But the remaining 11 members pressed ahead, saying they were showing resolve against protectionism]
Link to above:

Since we cannot afford to pay the wages to folks who make most durable products in our country, we need to recognize that technology works cheaper, faster, cleaner and with greater accuracy than a human being.

Future jobs should focus on technology and service, not manufacturing. Some examples and ideas off the top:

• This will create 52 more Week Ends per year, time for leisure, recreation, shopping, education and travel - opening more jobs in these areas.
I don’t think I can take anyone seriously wanting to lower the work hours that doesn’t realize there are seven days in a week.
Wrycatcher has never seen a great America with heavy manufacturing base and strong economy.

Link to above:

None of those deals eliminated all tarrifs. I am in favor reciprocal tarrifs. An eye for eye, so to speak.

Link to above:

None of those deals eliminated all tarrifs. I am in favor reciprocal tarrifs. An eye for eye, so to speak.

So should the EU raise its tariffs on American trucks to 25%- to be reciprocal?

I agree, although the cost of the product wouldn't be dirt cheap.
I agree. But Americans making a paycheck from U.S. manufacturers means more money for school districts, more money to local businesses, and health care for workers. Tariffs are a win-win for the USA.

Hence the protectionist/anti-capitalism tariffs.

Herbert Hoover would approve.

We don’t sell shit to China because of their tariffs. They dump their shit into our big box retailers like Wal-Mart and Targetas well as dollar stores. They need us...we don’t need them. I say raise tariffs on Chinese rap to 50% and then you will see “Made in USA” back on our shelves again. Fuck China, they are an enemy of the United States.

As usual- Trumpkins believe what they hear from Don the Con rather than the facts.

America exported $169.8 billion to China in 2016.

What did we export?

Soybeans. Cars. Airplanes. Machinery. Services.

Trumpkins don't care about the American employees those industries support.

One thing that everyone's leaving out:

CHINA IS A COMMUNIST COUNTRY AND CAN NATIONALIZE EVERYTHING ANYTIME!

That changes all concepts of economic competition.

One thing that everyone's leaving out:

CHINA IS A COMMUNIST COUNTRY AND CAN NATIONALIZE EVERYTHING ANYTIME!

That changes all concepts of economic competition.

Sort of.

What really changes everything is that China is a very tightly controlled country- where the government doesn't have to worry about getting re-elected every 2 years- or even much about citizens complaints.

Hell they even control the media in the way that Don the Con can only dream about controlling it.

What does this mean?

China's economy itself is more vulnerable than the United State's economy- but the Chinese government can choose to suffer economic pain more than the American government can.

Hell they even control the media in the way that Don the Con can only dream about controlling it.

More far left religious dogma!

You mean like how Obama wished it, but then again that would not fit your far left religious narrative would it.

After all Biden had a reporter stuffed into a closet!

And the far left did not care!

More far left religious dogma!

You mean like how Obama wished it, but then again that would not fit your far left religious narrative would it.

After all Biden had a reporter stuffed into a closet!

And the far left did not care!

Well I do appreciate how you loyal Trumpkins like to blame everything on Obama.

President Obama didnt' treat the press well- and didn't spend nearly enough time with the press sharing information with Americans.

But President Obama never proclaimed the press the enemy of America like Don the Con has- and never spent every political campaign trying to pit his followers against the free press.

Yes he can, because China needs American money FAR more than America needs trashy little trinkets from China.

There's too many money makers in China that are skating on thin ice to able to weather a trade war with America. Our economy is booming, thanks to president Trump, their's isn't. They like their money, and if they see that the only way to KEEP making money is level the playing the field, they're going to do it. Same with the E.U., who has already capitulated.

Hmmm...I wonder why?

What part of my post don’t you understand or refused to understand?

It’s very clear what retailers are asking to our idiot POTUS...... because Trade wars only hurts businesses and consumers. That is a fact.

We get cheap products from China because that is what Americans like buy cheaper products so your minimum wage salary can afford a simple basic needs.

Hmmm...I wonder why?

Don’t you that think that President Trumpy and his daughter Ivanka could have done that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

so WTF does Trump win ?

he's already cost soy bean farmers 81.7 million pounds of sales - did he win the empty burlap sacks ?
He’s covering our farmers. We didn’t dig ourselves in this trade deficit hole overnight. It will take time to level the playing field. Farmers support Donald J. Trump and Republicans. That’s a fact. I have friends in Midwest who are grain farmers and they support Trump. They know in the long term they will benefit from it.

They do not need the $12b welfare before the trade wars. So why is that a good thing?

PLEASE tell us what is the long term benefits of trade wars?
When just about every one is blasting Trump boi.

PLEASE give me anyone or anybody Republicans, Economist, or any businesses that supports Trumpy ignorant trade wars. ANYBODY ANYONE PLEASE.

...Milk prices are going down steadily due to tariffs on American cheese so I'm guessing Republicans will come in to save the day after they created the problem in the 1st place; here comes more subsidies to save those Congressional seats! :aargh:
It’s about leveling the playing field so U.S. business and American workers and farmers will stop being fucked dry by unfair trade practices of Europe, Canada, and Asia.

That is not or NEVER going to happen when your own president and his daughter are making their products in China, Mexico, Bangladesh etc etc etc.
Even his own MAGA hat are made overseas.

Forum List

Back