I think Trump can win a trade war with China, so long as he doesn't go Hitler for a two-three front

Yes he can, because China needs American money FAR more than America needs trashy little trinkets from China.

There's too many money makers in China that are skating on thin ice to able to weather a trade war with America. Our economy is booming, thanks to president Trump, their's isn't. They like their money, and if they see that the only way to KEEP making money is level the playing the field, they're going to do it. Same with the E.U., who has already capitulated.

Let us know when and how is that going to happen.

U.S. retailers, shoe companies urge Trump not to hit China with tariffs

https://www.bizjournals.com/milwauk...g-big-retailers-sending-trump-letter.amp.html

A number of major national retailers, including Menomonee Falls-based Kohl’s, Sears, Target and Wal-Mart, have sent a letter to President Donald Trump to express their concerns about the impact of the president’s proposed tariffs.

The letter, signed by retailers that represent $1.5 trillion in annual sales and tens of million of American jobs, said the industry is concerned that any benefits from reform for retailers and families will be wiped out by broadly applied tariffs on every day consumer products. The retailers are joined in their concerns by the Retail Industry Leaders Association, American Apparel & Footwear Association and the National Retail Federation.

Hmmm...I wonder why?
23 Brands Caught In Sweatshop Scandals

Wonder what is that has to do with retailers blasting Trump?

Not quite sure I could make any sense of your post. But I'll give it a try. If retailers are getting product dirt cheap from China, or anywhere else for that matter, and that flow of product is threatened, they will lash out. And I'm pretty sure some of those retailers, like Sears for example, cannot afford to pay a higher price for the product.

What part of my post don’t you understand or refused to understand?

It’s very clear what retailers are asking to our idiot POTUS...... because Trade wars only hurts businesses and consumers. That is a fact.

We get cheap products from China because that is what Americans like buy cheaper products so your minimum wage salary can afford a simple basic needs.

Yeah, evidently you didn't check or read the link I posted, that should clear up some of your confusion, but no guarantees.

https://www.bizjournals.com/milwauk...g-big-retailers-sending-trump-letter.amp.html

A number of major national retailers, including Menomonee Falls-based Kohl’s, Sears, Target and Wal-Mart, have sent a letter to President Donald Trump to express their concerns about the impact of the president’s proposed tariffs.

The letter, signed by retailers that represent $1.5 trillion in annual sales and tens of million of American jobs, said the industry is concerned that any benefits from reform for retailers and families will be wiped out by broadly applied tariffs on every day consumer products. The retailers are joined in their concerns by the Retail Industry Leaders Association, American Apparel & Footwear Association and the National Retail Federation.

Hmmm...I wonder why?

Not quite sure I could make any sense of your post. But I'll give it a try. If retailers are getting product dirt cheap from China, or anywhere else for that matter, and that flow of product is threatened, they will lash out. And I'm pretty sure some of those retailers, like Sears for example, cannot afford to pay a higher price for the product.
Then make it in America with American workers. Fuck China.

Don’t you that think that President Trumpy and his daughter Ivanka could have done that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, don't you think Sears, Wal-Mart, etc. could have done the same.

Hmmm...I wonder why?

Then make it in America with American workers. Fuck China.

Don’t you that think that President Trumpy and his daughter Ivanka could have done that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nope. All our manufacturing was gone.

Energy executives lament Trump tariffs as costs rise on pipeline projects

Energy executives lament Trump tariffs as costs rise on pipeline projects

(Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump's proposal to double tariffs on steel and aluminum from Turkey could push up costs even further for domestic oil and gas pipeline projects, as energy executives said they were already struggling from earlier tariff rises.

There are more than a dozen U.S. energy pipelines on the drawing board, some of which are still seeking financing. The projects would pave the way for greater U.S. oil and gas exports and relieve a bottleneck in West Texas shale fields that is starting to pinch output in the region.

Turkey delivers just 4 percent of steel mill imports, valued about $1.18 billion last year, according to the U.S. Department of Commerce. But doubling tariffs on a supplier could force buyers to turn to other steel makers and, in turn, lift steel prices that have already ballooned in recent months.

Tariffs Shut Out US Window-Makers in Favor of Colombian Company

President Donald Trump’s tariffs on aluminum imports are giving Colombian window-exporter Tecnoglass Inc. a leg up on its U.S. competition.

The Barranquilla, Colombia-based company has seen rivals raise prices as much as 10% as tariffs increased the cost of importing aluminum to the U.S., said COO Christian T. Daes. Tecnoglass doesn’t have to pay the duty, since it mainly sells windows assembled in Colombia.

"I love Trump for that," Daes said, lifting his hands emphatically into the air, during an interview in his office on Colombia’s Caribbean coast. “The tariffs made everyone else’s prices go up.”

In March, Trump placed import duties of 25% on steel and 10% on aluminum in an effort to protect U.S. manufacturers. Major companies from Ford Motor Co. to Alcoa Corp., the biggest American aluminum maker, have said that the tariffs are driving costs higher. Tecnoglass has supplied aluminum windows for several Trump-branded buildings -- as well as structures from Miami to New York.

Just wondering if Trumpets are happy with the sufferings of US companies from Trump moron trade war policies.

Forum List

Back