I think Trump can win a trade war with China, so long as he doesn't go Hitler for a two-three front

...Milk prices are going down steadily due to tariffs on American cheese so I'm guessing Republicans will come in to save the day after they created the problem in the 1st place; here comes more subsidies to save those Congressional seats! :aargh:
Milk prices here have been the same for over a year. 2.35 a gallon at Walmart.

Genius, I'm talking about the producers, not retail! :uhoh3: :rolleyes: :cool: :yapyapyapf:
I know. Shit flows downhill though..our prices should rise or fall depending on how much the producers are selling it for etc...they haven't moved.

Like retail's going to behave like the gasoline industry! :rolleyes: The grocery stores aren't going to give back those savings; just keep the price steady! Milk was expensive and the price has maybe gone down in rural areas, but not as much in urban areas! It's the producers that are getting hammered by these tariffs! :102:

Trump trying to compete/ outthink / outsmart / outmaneuver / outflank China ('win' a trade war) is like watching a loud mouth drunk asshole take a sobriety test. The cops (China) just roll their eyes, "only a few drinks you say, sir..."

He is so out of his league.

Trump thinks moment to moment. China looks decades ahead...

Read the article, dipshit....China can't survive more escalating US tariffs and Trump ain't going anywhere....so go have a nice long cry....you lose again.

You do realize that Don the Con is already fighting a trade war on multiple fronts- with all of our major trading partners- don't you?

China for sure- and there is some justification for action against China though this is a stupid approach.

But against Canada? the EU? Japan? The steel and aluminum tariffs are just pure protectionism.

The NAFTA negotiations are also part of Don the Con's Trade War.

In a WW2 analogy like yours- Don the Con not only invaded "Russia"(our most powerful rival), but he has also attacked Italy and Japan(our most important allies).

It would sure help if liberals dropped their partisan based criticism. This policy is good for America, regardless of who's policy it is. Trump is uniquely positioned to wage this battle. He is neither indebted to Big Business, nor dependent on them for reelection. This is literally a once in a generation opportunity.

LOL- speaking of partisan- you have to be wearing pretty dark partisan blinders not to recognize that his Trade policies- Don the Con's Trade War is being criticized much more from Conservatives than Liberals.

You think the Koch Brothers are liberals? The midwest farmers are all liberals? The Wall Street Journal? Most of the Republican Senate?

Step out of your little echo chamber and realize that Americans of all persuasions are concerned about this unilateral Trade War Don the Con has decided America must be in.

You do realize that Don the Con is already fighting a trade war on multiple fronts- with all of our major trading partners- don't you?

China for sure- and there is some justification for action against China though this is a stupid approach.

But against Canada? the EU? Japan? The steel and aluminum tariffs are just pure protectionism.

In a WW2 analogy like yours- Don the Con not only invaded "Russia"(our most powerful rival), but he has also attacked Italy and Japan(our most important allies).

Trudeau is so unpopular in Canada he'll knuckle under and sign the new NAFTA along with Mehico, who are tying to appease Trump not to cut off their remittances bonaza. The EU? Maybe somebody should let you know they were just at the WH with hats in hand begging Trump not to pulverize them....Japan? With NKorea still spooky, they either do what Trump tells them to do or find themselves hoping S.Korea will defend them (fat chance). So in conclusion, you're full of shit and still hungry.

I'll believe it when I see it! I think we're going to be out in the wilderness alone as long as Trump's prez! He garners little fear or respect for that matter! Like with "W," they'll bide their time until someone more rational is in office like Obama! :113:

When it comes to China I question whether Trump (we) can win? That's due to my lack of understanding of economics, in particular how China goes about manipulating its currency, which I heard so much about throughout the years. If Trump imposes a 20% tariff on China and they devalue their currency by 20% does it come out as a wash while at the same time hikes the prices of American imports to China? I just don't know, am not pretending to.

When it comes to China I question whether Trump (we) can win? That's due to my lack of understanding of economics, in particular how China goes about manipulating its currency, which I heard so much about throughout the years. If Trump imposes a 20% tariff on China and they devalue their currency by 20% does it come out as a wash while at the same time hikes the prices of American imports to China? I just don't know, am not pretending to.

China can't survive on domestic consumption because they are so export-driven and over-extended. They also can't devalue their currency any longer because the WTO is finished if they let them do again. Companies are already fleeing into SE asia because they see the writing on the wall. If Trump bumps the tariffs up to $200B and then $500B, they be crapping their pants. And he'll do it because he's PISSED they're trying to screw up his deal to denuke N.Korea. And he's pissed that they know the American economy well enough to know which sectors to target in retaliation. So, if Trump can keep the farmers and small steel users pacified until after the mid-terms, China will have to beg for a truce.

Trump trying to compete/ outthink / outsmart / outmaneuver / outflank China ('win' a trade war) is like watching a loud mouth drunk asshole take a sobriety test. The cops (China) just roll their eyes, "only a few drinks you say, sir..."

Without the US market the Chinese are down to trying to farm a hand full of rice a day to survive. And yet you think they have the upper hand.

It would sure help if liberals dropped their partisan based criticism. This policy is good for America, regardless of who's policy it is. Trump is uniquely positioned to wage this battle. He is neither indebted to Big Business, nor dependent on them for reelection. This is literally a once in a generation opportunity.

I completely disagree that his policies - hate, fear and Brinkmanship - are good for America, or any other nation-state which is threatened or insulted by Trump.

I completely disagree that Trump is indebted to any one person or thing, other than himself. I completely believe he is a narcissist, a megalomaniac and a dangerous to our county and are people, as well as other people around the world.

He has a callous disregard for others, and lacks the fortitude & discipline to study issues and consider outcomes before he reacts; he lies and misleads We the People daily he has taken credit for things others did, and blamed others for his errors. He is by far the worst POTUS and it may take a couple of generations to repair the damage he has done to our country.

Yes he can, because China needs American money FAR more than America needs trashy little trinkets from China.

There's too many money makers in China that are skating on thin ice to able to weather a trade war with America. Our economy is booming, thanks to president Trump, their's isn't. They like their money, and if they see that the only way to KEEP making money is level the playing the field, they're going to do it. Same with the E.U., who has already capitulated.

Let us know when and how is that going to happen.

U.S. retailers, shoe companies urge Trump not to hit China with tariffs

https://www.bizjournals.com/milwauk...g-big-retailers-sending-trump-letter.amp.html

A number of major national retailers, including Menomonee Falls-based Kohl’s, Sears, Target and Wal-Mart, have sent a letter to President Donald Trump to express their concerns about the impact of the president’s proposed tariffs.

The letter, signed by retailers that represent $1.5 trillion in annual sales and tens of million of American jobs, said the industry is concerned that any benefits from reform for retailers and families will be wiped out by broadly applied tariffs on every day consumer products. The retailers are joined in their concerns by the Retail Industry Leaders Association, American Apparel & Footwear Association and the National Retail Federation.
Al I know is Sears is dead and
Walmart is evil so we shouldn't listen to them …..

I completely disagree that his policies - hate, fear and Brinkmanship - are good for America, or any other nation-state which is threatened or insulted by Trump.

I completely disagree that Trump is indebted to any one person or thing, other than himself. I completely believe he is a narcissist, a megalomaniac and a dangerous to our county and are people, as well as other people around the world.

He has a callous disregard for others, and lacks the fortitude & discipline to study issues and consider outcomes before he reacts; he lies and misleads We the People daily he has taken credit for things others did, and blamed others for his errors. He is by far the worst POTUS and it may take a couple of generations to repair the damage he has done to our country.

031117_TrumpRussiaNYT_COLOR.jpg

so WTF does Trump win ?

he's already cost soy bean farmers 81.7 million pounds of sales - did he win the empty burlap sacks ?
Link?

How about that 270% tariff caniduh has on American dairy? How's that helping American farmers?
We had a 5 to 1 trade surplus on dairy with Canada before Trump started fucking around with this tariff shit.

Trudeau is so unpopular in Canada he'll knuckle under and sign the new NAFTA along with Mehico, who are tying to appease Trump not to cut off their remittances bonaza. The EU? Maybe somebody should let you know they were just at the WH with hats in hand begging Trump not to pulverize them....Japan? With NKorea still spooky, they either do what Trump tells them to do or find themselves hoping S.Korea will defend them (fat chance). So in conclusion, you're full of shit and still hungry.

So in conclusion, Don the Con is shitting all over our allies- and like a good Trumpkin- you just keep eating his shit.

I truly hope that Don the Con doesn't manage to fuck up our economic boom with his starting Trade Wars with not only our chief economic rivals- but also our closest allies and chief trading partners.

Time will tell.

Yes he can, because China needs American money FAR more than America needs trashy little trinkets from China.

There's too many money makers in China that are skating on thin ice to able to weather a trade war with America. Our economy is booming, thanks to president Trump, their's isn't. They like their money, and if they see that the only way to KEEP making money is level the playing the field, they're going to do it. Same with the E.U., who has already capitulated.

I agree and don't forget China hold a lot of our debt and their economy is tied to ours.

They won't do anything to upset the apple cart.

Trump has a winning hand and he knows it.

Wrong. China is nothing without the US. We dictate what they do. You're just ignorant, that's all.

Gee, pissing off China, Russia, N. Korea and Iran, along with Europe and Canada seem so ... remarkable. The remarks which come to mind are absurd, ridiculous, foolish, dumb, asinine and stupid, something only a megalomaniac could create.
The dems have chosen to support China, Russia, N. Korea and Iran, along with Europe and Canada, over US citizens. Very sad to see them align themselves against the US.

I agree and don't forget China hold a lot of our debt and their economy is tied to ours.

They won't do anything to upset the apple cart.

Trump has a winning hand and he knows it.

Bulllshit, why lie when the facts are so easily found to prove you're either a liar or a member of the echo chamber (or both)!

FY2016-A-ownership-US-government-national-debt.png

Forum List

Back