I thought that spouses were supposed to be off limits..........

ABikerSailor

Diamond Member
Aug 26, 2008
Newberry, SC
You know, many times over the years, whenever some candidate took a pot shot at another candidate's family, be it spouse or child, the candidate who took the cheap shot is usually called out on the carpet and denounced by both sides.

I mean..................it was happening all the way up to last year. Even Ted Cruz said that spouses and children were off limits. So has politicians all the way back in recent memory. Political unwritten rules said that you could attack the candidate all you wanted, with whatever ammo you had (sleazy or otherwise), but you had to leave their family and their spouses alone.

Shoot..................there have been many on this board who said that Trump's wife is off limits as well.

So.................here's my question.........................if spouses and children are supposed to be off limits, then why does the GOP feel it is okay to attack Hillary's entire family? I mean, Trump's family isn't getting this kind of scrutiny, and I'd be willing to guess that ALL of his kids have some kind of skeletons in the closet. Same with Trump's wife. We already know that she may have been here for a short time illegally, as well as know that she claimed to have a college degree (bachelors) from some college in Europe, when in fact she only went a year or two and currently has no degree.

So..................if spouses are off limits, then why is it that Bill keeps taking heavy fire?

You know, many times over the years, whenever some candidate took a pot shot at another candidate's family, be it spouse or child, the candidate who took the cheap shot is usually called out on the carpet and denounced by both sides.

I mean..................it was happening all the way up to last year. Even Ted Cruz said that spouses and children were off limits. So has politicians all the way back in recent memory. Political unwritten rules said that you could attack the candidate all you wanted, with whatever ammo you had (sleazy or otherwise), but you had to leave their family and their spouses alone.

Shoot..................there have been many on this board who said that Trump's wife is off limits as well.

So.................here's my question.........................if spouses and children are supposed to be off limits, then why does the GOP feel it is okay to attack Hillary's entire family? I mean, Trump's family isn't getting this kind of scrutiny, and I'd be willing to guess that ALL of his kids have some kind of skeletons in the closet. Same with Trump's wife. We already know that she may have been here for a short time illegally, as well as know that she claimed to have a college degree (bachelors) from some college in Europe, when in fact she only went a year or two and currently has no degree.

So..................if spouses are off limits, then why is it that Bill keeps taking heavy fire?
i think its to late to consider bill off limits.....the guy is a very public figure....

The stakes are really high this year. The white male feels disenfranchised. All gloves are off.

So............just because Bill is a "very public figure" it's okay to put him on the chopping block?

Great................then that means it can be open season on Trump's old lady, because she's also a "very public figure" because she's an international model.

Funny take on it, my hat off to you.

Have we ever had a campaign that said they were going to use their ex president husband who got impeached by the house to influence policy?

Bill's not running for prez but what I have found interesting is that DuhDonuld is all but endorsing Hillary. He trots out those poor women (including the two liars) as though he's really commiserating with Hillary and saying that he (Trump) is slime for screwing over Ivana and Marla. And at the time of his tape bragging about getting way with rape, his current wife was pregnant at home.

Since Trump lives in a very fragile glass house, why else would he make such a bone headed move?

So............just because Bill is a "very public figure" it's okay to put him on the chopping block?

Great................then that means it can be open season on Trump's old lady, because she's also a "very public figure" because she's an international model.

Actually, Trump's family has been spoken ill of by Liberals on USMB. His spouse has been called a whore and has been accused to having worked as a prostitute before her marriage. Trump's sons have been mocked for hunting. Trump has been accused of wanting to have sex with his own daughters by you filthy animals.

Bill's not running for prez but what I have found interesting is that DuhDonuld is all but endorsing Hillary. He trots out those poor women (including the two liars) as though he's really commiserating with Hillary and saying that he (Trump) is slime for screwing over Ivana and Marla. And at the time of his tape bragging about getting way with rape, his current wife was pregnant at home.

Since Trump lives in a very fragile glass house, why else would he make such a bone headed move?

Bring it on. Perhaps at the next debate, we should trot out little Monica wearing the cum stained blue dress? Would that go over big with you?

Forum List

Back