I used to think conservatives

JakeWIlls92

Gold Member
Apr 6, 2014
I used to think conservatives hate sci fi and thought it was too "geeky". I did meet a retired fighter pilot who loved Battlestar Galactica and Firefly. His favorite novel was Ender's Game. I also heard Ted Cruz thinks Han Solo is cool.

Firefly.jpg

latest

375802.jpg

What kind of SF and fantasy do conservatives and liberals prefer?

I used to think conservatives hate sci fi and thought it was too "geeky". I did meet a retired fighter pilot who loved Battlestar Galactica and Firefly. His favorite novel was Ender's Game. I also heard Ted Cruz thinks Han Solo is cool.

Firefly.jpg

latest

375802.jpg

I'm left of center and I love all those books and shows. Though I liked the books the followed Ender's game just as much. I tend to vacilate between fun sci-fi....swashbuckling, action adventure stuff.....and hard sci-fi. Really thought provoking science fiction like Darwin's Radio, Hyperion or Blindsight.

Conservative may love it but there goal is to take us back to the wild west. None of this stuff will ever become reality if they have their way...
Moderates,,,Well, we will spend the money and make a sane attempt to make it happen! We truly enjoy it.
Far leftist..Well, do you really think that universe will look like star trek? lol

Sci Fi? Eh....I like Star Ship Troopers. Jurassic Park is kind of sci fi no? I love that book/movie series. Not a big sci fi person...bit nerdy to me.

Sci Fi? Eh....I like Star Ship Troopers. Jurassic Park is kind of sci fi no? I love that book/movie series. Not a big sci fi person...bit nerdy to me.

Starship Troopers is awesome. You come from the South. Is there any pressure to act a certain way? Where I live people don't give a shit? You mean in the South if you like something like sci fi then people won't be friends with you?

I enjoy Sci Fi. Firefly was great! But to be honest, I prefer Westerns. However, I used to LOVE The Twilight Zone with Rod Serling and especially "The Outer Limits" - probably LONG before most of your time......

Starship Troopers is awesome. You come from the South. Is there any pressure to act a certain way? Where I live people don't give a shit? You mean in the South if you like something like sci fi then people won't be friends with you?
Nope never had a problem with it at all..I am not the typical sci fi person not nerdy not into star wars or anything I just care for action type movies but the really hard core sci fi I don't get into. I am 31 with 4 kids and married I don't get out much LOL

Why on earth would you think conservatives hate sci-fi ?

Are you thinking all conservatives are religious ?

Are you then assuming that religion requires a believer to stay away from sci-fi ?

Firefly.jpg

latest

375802.jpg

I'm a Conservative. I have all 14 episodes of Firefly and the movie Serenity on my computer along with a hundred or so Scifi books. Love both the original and re-imaging of BSG. My favorite books are mostly alternate history, Harry Turtledove is the best in that genre. My favorite movie is 2001 A Space Odyssey I've also read all the books as well.

Why on earth would you think conservatives hate sci-fi ?

Are you thinking all conservatives are religious ?

Are you then assuming that religion requires a believer to stay away from sci-fi ?

Not sci fi but I heard there was controversy involving Harry Potter.

Forum List

Back