"I want the world to know that I followed a cult leader."

berg80

Diamond Member
Oct 28, 2017

Jan. 6 rioter says Trump should face the same fate as those who stormed the Capitol

REZVANI: Other footage from that day show her advising a crowd to, quote, "occupy the Capitol," according to court documents. Several months later, law enforcement showed up at her door. Hemphill was eventually sentenced to 60 days in jail and three years of probation. She says she looks back on that time with great regret.

HEMPHILL: I want the world to know that I followed a cult leader, and I'm really sorry that I did because I'm really ashamed of it. But it's something I got to forgive myself. But I can't blame me 100% because I was lied to by Trump.

REZVANI: And for that, Hemphill believes Trump deserves to face consequences.

HEMPHILL: The indictment shows me that even if you are one of the most powerful people in the world, that you are still subject to the laws that allow this country to be safe and free.

I suppose it's old hat now to bring up the cultish nature of Don's supporters. What's refreshing about this story is Hemphill's acknowledgement of it. As though, for her, a spell has been broken. Unfortunately, breaking the spell required a jail sentence.

The faster this happens en masse the faster the country can go about the cathartic healing process we need to put an end to trumpery.

We have a real chance to put this dark episode for the country behind us this fall. If enough voters display the wisdom to not re-elect such a malevolent leader as Don he may very well lose his grip on millions of loyal followers. This will be the last time he is the nominee of the former GOP. Meaning it's quite possible congressional Repubs will stop making decisions based on the fear of retribution from his base in the voting booth. His power is founded in his control over his base. What happens if it falters?

If he loses we won't see congressional Repubs show up at his trial dressed like him. Sycophancy will no longer be a prerequisite for good standing as a Repub. Perhaps we won't see them fall in line to block legislation on things like border reform. Rank and file members of the party will no longer need to keep up the charade of the Big Lie. Don stands a very good chance of being convicted in all three criminal trials, adding to his disgrace. Especially if supporters stop paying for his defense. More convictions may influence the way he is seen by the minions as well as restoring faith in the notion he is not above the law.

IOW, the election has a chance to change things for the better in immeasurable ways. It is my fervent hope, as a nation, we still have the good judgement to bring about that change.

Last edited:
The idea of Kamalery terrifies me. :omg:
My advice, think for yourself. Stop believing the right wing media propaganda.

Contemplating US politics without the stain of trumpery is what is making Dems so enthusiastic about the election.

And start believing the left-wing propaganda? No thanks.
Kamala will take my tax break away. :mad: If nothing else that will steer me to vote for Trump.

I do think for myself. That's why I'm so succe$$ful. :up:

Last edited:
And start believing the left-wing propaganda? No thanks.
Kamala will take my tax break away. :mad: If nothing else that will steer me to vote for Trump.

I do think for myself. That's why I'm so successful. :up:
Not everything available for consumers of news is propaganda. You just need to be informed enough to recognize it when you see it.
If you choose to put a tax break for yourself above the good of the nation you do the country a disservice. But you already knew that.

A vote for Harris is a vote for more fascism.

It is only the left that places prominent national figures on terrorist watch lists for the audacity of just criticizing the government.

The police state is already with us.

So, yeah. A vote for Harris is a vote for horror.

Contemplating US politics without the stain of trumpery is what is making Dems so enthusiastic about the election.

This coming from the propagandist that only reads the furthest Left of Leftist Cult material.

Funny.

Forum List

Back