I want to lower the legal drinking age

With a stupid post like that, I think we should raise it. It would keep idiots like you away from the liquor store.

(EDIT: This had better not be satire, because childhood drinking is not something to joke about)

• Banned
With a stupid post like that, I think we should raise it. It would keep idiots like you away from the liquor store.

(EDIT: This had better not be satire, because childhood drinking is not something to joke about)

So you want government in peoples lives...Weird, you attack every other government policy I come up with.

So you want government in peoples lives...Weird, you attack every other government policy I come up with.

Because none of them involves wanting to give 12 year old kids access to alcohol. This one does. I am not for the total abolition of government. Government has its uses, however, what I am against is excess government power in any of its forms.

You want children to have access to alcohol? You sick freak.

My guess is you're analogizing to the gun people's argument that there might as well not be any gun laws because people are going to break them.

s0n......never start a thread with "I want..........".........virtually every board members reaction is, "Oh Gawd......what the fuck is this?". But especially in your case. Nobody cares..........:bye1:

It's the parents job to govern what their children consume.

Yes and the vast majority of parents don't want their kids drinking alcohol, hence minimum drinking age laws.
You don't seem to grasp the concept... Its a parents job to govern what their own children consume. You some somehow got the notion that it was your right to dictate what other parents, children consume. A common mode of thought amongst those who despise freedom, and wish to exert their will over others...

Last edited:
Libertarians would think that, their thinking is that of a child and their ideas the same. Just say 'freedom' five times and the tooth fairy will appear and utopia will materialize too. See thread at link below.

Error | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Good Books on Libertarianism?

"Core morality tells us that people have a right to what they earn by their own efforts freely exercised. It is this part of core morality that Ayn Rand objectivists, libertarians, and other right wingers tap into when they insist that taxation is slavery... The trouble with such arguments is that nothing is earned, nothing is deserved. Even if there really were moral rights to the fruit of our freely exercised abilities and talents, these talents and abilities are never freely acquired or exercised. Just as your innate and acquired intelligence and abilities are unearned, so also are your ambitions, along with the discipline, the willingness to train, and other traits that have to be combined with your talents and abilities to produce anything worthwhile at all.... We don't earn our inborn (excuse the expression "God given") talents and abilities. We had nothing to do with whether these traits were conferred on us or not. Similarly, we didn't earn the acquired character traits needed to convert these talents into achievements. They, too, were the result of deterministic processes (genetic and cultural) that were set in motion long before we were born. That is what excludes the possibility that we earned or deserve them. We were just lucky to have the combination of hardwired abilities and learned ambitions that resulted in the world beating a path to our door....No one ever earned or deserved the traits that resulted in the inequalities we enjoy - greater income and wealth, better health and longer life, admiration and social distinction, comfort, and leisure. Therefore, no one, including us, has a moral right to those inequalities. Core morality may permit unearned inequalities, but it is certainly not going to require them without some further moral reason to do so." Alex Rosenberg 'The Atheist's Guide to Reality'

Libertarians would think that, their thinking is that of a child and their ideas the same. Just say 'freedom' five times and the tooth fairy will appear and utopia will materialize too. See thread at link below.

Error | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Good Books on Libertarianism?

"Core morality tells us that people have a right to what they earn by their own efforts freely exercised. It is this part of core morality that Ayn Rand objectivists, libertarians, and other right wingers tap into when they insist that taxation is slavery... The trouble with such arguments is that nothing is earned, nothing is deserved. Even if there really were moral rights to the fruit of our freely exercised abilities and talents, these talents and abilities are never freely acquired or exercised. Just as your innate and acquired intelligence and abilities are unearned, so also are your ambitions, along with the discipline, the willingness to train, and other traits that have to be combined with your talents and abilities to produce anything worthwhile at all.... We don't earn our inborn (excuse the expression "God given") talents and abilities. We had nothing to do with whether these traits were conferred on us or not. Similarly, we didn't earn the acquired character traits needed to convert these talents into achievements. They, too, were the result of deterministic processes (genetic and cultural) that were set in motion long before we were born. That is what excludes the possibility that we earned or deserve them. We were just lucky to have the combination of hardwired abilities and learned ambitions that resulted in the world beating a path to our door....No one ever earned or deserved the traits that resulted in the inequalities we enjoy - greater income and wealth, better health and longer life, admiration and social distinction, comfort, and leisure. Therefore, no one, including us, has a moral right to those inequalities. Core morality may permit unearned inequalities, but it is certainly not going to require them without some further moral reason to do so." Alex Rosenberg 'The Atheist's Guide to Reality'

You'd think as much as these people argue against government that they'd agree with this.

Yes and the vast majority of parents don't want their kids drinking alcohol, hence minimum drinking age laws.
You don't seem to grasp the concept... Its a parents job to govern what their own children consume. You some somehow got the notion that it was your right to dictate what other parents, children consume. A common mode of thought amongst those who despise freedom, and wish to exert their will over others...

It's not dictating, its called democracy. We don't always get what we want. If enough people are against the minimum drinking age, then let them repeal it.

It's not dictating, its called democracy. We don't always get what we want. If enough people are against the minimum drinking age, then let them repeal it.
I've never voted on such an issue. And neither have you.

I've never voted on such an issue. And neither have you.

That's because it's not an issue for most Americans. Go ahead, float a bill out there to change it.

Forum List

Back