I Was Right All Along! Johns Hopkins Research: No Evidence People Are Born Gay or Transgender

This all doesn't matter for a hill of beans. The question of how one acquires his or her sexual orientation is irrelevant.

Yes, but in the Land of the Free, there is a near-consensus that homosexuality would be more acceptable (less unacceptable) were it the result of genetic forces, not a matter of choice. Makes one wonder, doesn't it?

What I would like to know is this: There's cult. Joining it requires gladly, eagerly accepting lies about everything. You can observe members made aware they are being lied to. The next thing you know is, they go back to the very same lying sources (Fox, Breitbart, pjmedia!), and gobble up more lies. Now, is the propensity to join that cult and to gobble up gobs of lies innate, or a matter of choice? If it's the former, should there still be a conversion therapy, and should it be mandatory or not?

Oh Gawd.....

I count my blessings every day that bozos like you are fringe. Too....love when the deep matrix dwellers refer to the majority as a " cult".:2up::eusa_dance::eusa_dance:

Everyone and their brother knows it's all about the binary because that's the science!

Sorry, but biology puts for humans heterosexuality being the default. If not, or species would die out.

If an adult (notice I said adult, my views on kids and this shit is to leave them be until they hit 18, and that goes both ways) wants to try to "pray the gay away" why is that something that should be stopped?

What about bi people that want to conform to the default?
None of you homophobes will ever speak to that question when I present it. I know why. You would never do it. They shouldn't be pressured or forced to do it either.

Why am I a homophobe?
You would not be engaging in this discussion or feeling it is anyone's right to tell them who to love if it did not make you uncomfortable. Would you?

I am uncomfortable with people using government to punish others over something as trivial as baking a cake.

Do I think two dudes hooking up is gross? Yes. Does that make me afraid of them? No.

He wasn't punished for not baking a cake. He was fined for violating public-accommodation laws. Moreover, he deliberately advertised his services to get people to patronize his shop. He had a pretty fancy website.

If that's the mental exercise you have to use to justify your desire to use government force to crush those you disagree with, then it shows how weak your argument is.

PA laws do not automatically override the 1st amendment, and free exercise. That is the argument I am making.

Sorry, but biology puts for humans heterosexuality being the default. If not, or species would die out.

If an adult (notice I said adult, my views on kids and this shit is to leave them be until they hit 18, and that goes both ways) wants to try to "pray the gay away" why is that something that should be stopped?

None of you homophobes will ever speak to that question when I present it. I know why. You would never do it. They shouldn't be pressured or forced to do it either.

Why am I a homophobe?
You would not be engaging in this discussion or feeling it is anyone's right to tell them who to love if it did not make you uncomfortable. Would you?

I am uncomfortable with people using government to punish others over something as trivial as baking a cake.

Do I think two dudes hooking up is gross? Yes. Does that make me afraid of them? No.
The baker wasn't "punished," the gay couple were. The baker punished them for their beliefs by refusing to do business with them because he personally does not agree with their lifestyle.
Well la dee dah. No one cares what your personal opinion is when you are doing business with the public. In this country, we're EQUAL.
I feel bad for him, because he has been consistent in his beliefs for years and it isn't just gay cakes he won't make. But I don't see another solution but stepping in and forcing him to follow the rules of equality.

How is being fined and/or forced to go out of business and/or violate ones moral code not being punished? Why the need to downplay the actual impact of enforcing these laws on people?

Just because you sell something doesn't mean you lose your 1st amendment right to free exercise.

What you are showing is the classic progressive inability to care about anyone's well being if they disagree with you politically, or don't agree with your morals. You are nothing but a bunch of narcissistic busybodies.

Sorry, but spending 15 minutes finding another baker isn't punishment, unless you have the backbone of a wet lily.

Why am I a homophobe?

The baker wasn't "punished," the gay couple were. The baker punished them for their beliefs by refusing to do business with them because he personally does not agree with their lifestyle.
Well la dee dah. No one cares what your personal opinion is when you are doing business with the public. In this country, we're EQUAL.
I feel bad for him, because he has been consistent in his beliefs for years and it isn't just gay cakes he won't make. But I don't see another solution but stepping in and forcing him to follow the rules of equality.

How is being fined and/or forced to go out of business and/or violate ones moral code not being punished? Why the need to downplay the actual impact of enforcing these laws on people?

Just because you sell something doesn't mean you lose your 1st amendment right to free exercise.

What you are showing is the classic progressive inability to care about anyone's well being if they disagree with you politically, or don't agree with your morals. You are nothing but a bunch of narcissistic busybodies.

Sorry, but spending 15 minutes finding another baker isn't punishment, unless you have the backbone of a wet lily.

Maybe you don't get it, Marty. The baker was specifically chosen BECAUSE he was a Christian and they wanted to humiliate and ruin him. Had he said unexpectedly said "ok" , they would have cancelled the damn order. They didn't want a cake at all, what they wanted was a scene, and they got it.

Why am I a homophobe?

Being fined is the price one pays for not following the law. You don't like the law, change it. You can't unilaterally decide not to follow it.

No one is forced out of business. If people don't like it that a business won't work with gays, that is the free market deciding, isn't it? Some bakers may have pulled items from their offerings in order to avoid the difficulty in the future, but that was their decision, not the government's. Bakers always have the choice to FOLLOW THE LAW.

"Morals" and "deeply held spiritual convictions" boil down to any other opinion in the end--it is all about what someone DOES with those beliefs that matters. It is not special to be religious.

Why am I a homophobe?

Being fined is the price one pays for not following the law. You don't like the law, change it. You can't unilaterally decide not to follow it.

No one is forced out of business. If people don't like it that a business won't work with gays, that is the free market deciding, isn't it? Some bakers may have pulled items from their offerings in order to avoid the difficulty in the future, but that was their decision, not the government's. Bakers always have the choice to FOLLOW THE LAW.

"Morals" and "deeply held spiritual convictions" boil down to any other opinion in the end--it is all about what someone DOES with those beliefs that matters. It is not special to be religious.

If the law is unconstitutional, there is no obligation to obey it- especially when it is over something as basic as Freedom of Religion.

The governments of Pennsylvania and Ohio have never required our Pennsylvania Dutch citizens to put their kids into the government schools, as it is a violation of their freedoms, they drive around in buggies and do their own thing as part of their religion.

As I've surmised for years. Nobody is born gay. John's Hopkins Research has vindicated me. No! Weak minded people let themselves be seduced by Satan and then become his disciples living out perverted dangerous homosexual lifestyles putting young kids lives in danger, especially when same sex married couples adopt them for their sexual pleasure. Homosexuality is not inate, it is learned. Science has spoken!

Johns Hopkins Research: No Evidence People Are Born Gay Or Transgender
Wonder what the evidence was people are born heterosexual?
If that isn’t a sarcastic response, it qualifies as the stupidest question a non-mentally-retarded person has ever asked.
Well, you’ll just have to figure out which it is.

If the law is unconstitutional, there is no obligation to obey it- especially when it is over something as basic as Freedom of Religion.

The governments of Pennsylvania and Ohio have never required our Pennsylvania Dutch citizens to put their kids into the government schools, as it is a violation of their freedoms, they drive around in buggies and do their own thing as part of their religion.

Ohio actually has more Pennsylvania Dutch citizens than does Pennsylvania. I wonder they aren't called "Ohio Dutch"

Why am I a homophobe?

So when blacks sat in the "wrong: car under plessey, that fine was OK with you?

The law violates free exercise as applied.

Um, the government fining someone thousands of dollars is not "the free market". If people chose not to patronize the baker on their own, THAT would be the free market.

Free exercise is a constitutional right. Getting the exact cake you want isn't.

It's that simple, unless of course for busybodies like you, who can't fathom people disagreeing with you, and love some government thuggery to get what you want.

Where do you think they got name from?

"Sodomy" mean anal intercourse, the people of the city were so enamored by it, they gave the town that name.
You are not serious, right?
Lol
Legitimizing fudge packing seems a waste of time… What purpose does it serve? Obviously it’s a mental disorder
Again, "straight" people going on way more about gay sex acts than any gay person I know.
Lol
Like I said it’s a mental disorder, no one was made that way. Absolutely 100% choice

Who would chose to be mentally ill, or Gay for that matter?
Crazy people

Science hasn't found a homo gene.

Which means that it's a mental illness. .... :cool:
According to the American Psychiatric Association a mental illness is associated with distress and/or problems functioning in social, work or family activities. Homosexuality is not associated with any of the above. This is why homosexuality is not classified as a mental disorder. Most of the problems gays and lesbians face is not caused by the effect homosexuality has on them but rather how their homosexuality effects others.
Lol
There’s nothing natural about fudge packing...

Why am I a homophobe?

Lol
Forced political correctness... No way to live

I remember in grade school a male classmate who always played with the girls. His best friends were all girls. None of us were anywhere near puberty, we had no notion of sexual orientation, but we all knew Kevin was different. He was a nice enough kid, and after High school he came out as gay. Anybody who wonders through life and doesn’t see that some people are just gay is wondering through with their eyes closed.

The key here is "doing their own thing." Their religious decisions are not affecting anyone else in the greater community, are they? It almost seems our bakers and florist should do the same if they are so sensitive.

Why am I a homophobe?

Lol
That's what you call the Declaration of Independence? The Fourteenth Amendment? "Political Correctness?"

Why am I a homophobe?

Lol
That's what you call the Declaration of Independence? The Fourteenth Amendment? "Political Correctness?"
Lol
u5e6epk4x2f11.png

The key here is "doing their own thing." Their religious decisions are not affecting anyone else in the greater community, are they? It almost seems our bakers and florist should do the same if they are so sensitive.

Actually, the PA Dutch way of life does affect the whole community. They fail to send their offspring to the Government schools to get indoctrinated, and they don't celebrated Homosexual Marriage either.

Why am I a homophobe?

Wrong, he doesn't just disagree, the work violated his deeply held religious convictions. That's also in the Constitution and the gov't should not be able to FORCE you to do that, not even to do business.

I think the baker has an excellent chance with this Supreme Court.

See Employment Division,Dept. of Human Resources of Oregon v. Smith, 494 U.S. 872 (1990)

Employment Division v. Smith

All persons, no matter of what their beliefs are, must obey generally applicable laws.

Allowing exceptions to every state law or regulation affecting religion "would open the prospect of constitutionally required exemptions from civic obligations of almost every conceivable kind."
Justice Antonin Scalia

Your theory would create social chaos, with the adult population among 320+ people each going his or her own way, each guided only by a personal belief.

Personally, I don't want to see horse-drawn buggies on the beltway.

Why am I a homophobe?

Wrong, he doesn't just disagree, the work violated his deeply held religious convictions. That's also in the Constitution and the gov't should not be able to FORCE you to do that, not even to do business.

See Employment Division,Dept. of Human Resources of Oregon v. Smith, 494 U.S. 872 (1990)

All persons, no matter of what their beliefs are, must obey generally applicable laws.

Allowing exceptions to every state law or regulation affecting religion "would open the prospect of constitutionally required exemptions from civic obligations of almost every conceivable kind."
Justice Antonin Scalia

Your theory would create social chaos, with the adult population among 320+ people each going his or her own way, each guided only by a personal belief.

lol
Ok, How about people have the decency not to try and force their views on other people through business? Why force someone to To do something they obviously object to? But then again you are a control freak... It’s a control freak thing I do not understand

Why am I a homophobe?

Justice Antonin Scalia

So would you be in favor of forcing Islamonazi butchers to sell bacon and pork?

Sure, its against their religion, but tough shit, eh?

Forum List

Back