“i will never apologize for america

God Bless America, my dear. We even suffer people like you.

I agree with you. God bless America, but sometimes when I am reading the history of this country, I just shake my head. I cant believe some of the crap this country did to fellow Americans and what we did to other countries.

Go America. Yeah

To blindly say we are the greatest country in the world and then quote were we stand on education, health care, poverty levels etc. well, its just interesting. There are so many things in our past that are an embarrasment to us as human beings. I mean, seriously, look at America just 50 years ago.

You might feel better if you read the history of other countries as well.

While I agree that being blindly pro-American is sort of by definition not right, I always like how liberals have to come into a thread that's blindly America hating to make the point one shouldn't blindly love it either. A post of blind hatred which is here is ignored for a post of blind love which isn't. Got it.

Sometimes when I look at the history of America, I almost say fuck you USA. I really do. We are the greatest country in the world? I have to put down some history books and just shake my damn head.

Then you need to read more history books.

You need to understand what the rest of the world was like at the same time.

Taking moral outrage about things that happened in another ERA, and era that had another completely different way of life is just silly.

Yes, certainly America has done horrific things.

No doubt about that.

What did the rest of the world look like at the same time?

Paragons of virtue and societies meting out real justice, were they?

NOT hardly!

See my point?

Slavery, Indians, unnecessary wars etc. Its just sickening but it is home.

(And before you start, fuck you. I am a proud vet.)

There is really very little point in apologising for things tht happend generations ago.

Recognizing them, admitting that they happened? Insuring that such thing don't happen in your liftime?

Yeah, that is how good people cope with the horrors of history

But feeling guilty about it?

That's seriously a waste of one's precious resource of guilt.

Do you have enough to eat?

Well 2,000,000,000 people alive TODAY don't.

You want to feel guilty about something?

There's a good place to start.

Sometimes when I look at the history of America, I almost say fuck you USA. I really do. We are the greatest country in the world? I have to put down some history books and just shake my damn head.

Yeah because America was the only country that did any of that. All the evil in the world was done by the USA.:cuckoo:

Dont really care about other countries. I live here.

God Bless America, my dear. We even suffer people like you.

I agree with you. God bless America, but sometimes when I am reading the history of this country, I just shake my head. I cant believe some of the crap this country did to fellow Americans and what we did to other countries.

Go America. Yeah

To blindly say we are the greatest country in the world and then quote were we stand on education, health care, poverty levels etc. well, its just interesting. There are so many things in our past that are an embarrasment to us as human beings. I mean, seriously, look at America just 50 years ago.

Dont care. I live here. This country had slaves. This country, 50 years ago had it so it was illegal for interracial marriages, or blacks to vote etc. etc.

I dont care about the horrors of other countries, I am talking about the good ol USA. Like I said, I am a little stuck on OUR history right now because I am reading some of my old history books.

Damn, this country is a piece of work. Again, I am reading a few books. ONe of them is about the Korean war. The thought of fighting in a war in the early 50's and being a minority must have been, well just oh dear god. Imagine this. You are black, fighting in a war back in 1951. You come back from A FUCKING WAR, and some little white kid can and did call you a boy and looked down on you as a human being.

Those black soldiers fighting in that war are genuine hero's in my book. They really are.

Last edited:

But, really, its just part of the human condition. Humans have always been mean and cruel and vicious - to each other and to non-human animals.

Its not whether or not we're the greatest country on the planet, its whether or not we really are the zenith of evolution.

I hope not. I hope we don't destroy ourselves and our world before we have a chance to evolve into something much better than we are now.

Oh and ... I thought this would be a thread about President Obama apologizing for the US - which, as we all know, he never did.

“I WILL NEVER APOLOGIZE FOR AMERICA"
(and for the hundreds of years of racist Mormon’s beliefs and treatment of Afro-Americans who are not the only Black race of people)
Mitt Romney.

America can never apologize enough.

For the invasion and occupation of the Americas and, genocide of native Americans, stripping them of their children, their names, families, culture and their language. For the thug and criminal Columbus and James Town.

For 200 years of slavery, Jim Crow and discrimination, separating families and murder by hanging and the only crime is being Black. Stripped of all human dignity. They wives raped in front of them.

For killing million of Japanese civilians in the name of war and internment of millions of Japanese-Americans and stealing their property.

For killing millions of innocent Iraqi men, women and children.

For sending children of Americans to be hired killers and sacrificing their lives for a lie.

For infecting Afro-Americans with deadly disease. TB and syphilis and the force sterilization of hundreds of Afro-American women.

For the years Mormons has degraded Afro-Americans as dirty lazy lithesome people and still do because it is still in the Book of Mormons that should be banned and burned.

For the many atrocities against humanity yet to come.

For Americas greed.

The interest and investments that Romney gets on this millions is blood money and he need to personally apologize to every working American. Romney is Wall Street.

GOD bless America?
“Be sure of this: The wicked will not go unpunished“.. Pro 11;21
“GOD will bring to ruin those ruining the earth.” Rev.11;18.

1 John 1;8... “if we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us.”

The Japanese started the war. Those two bombs ended the war. Using troops would have cost over a million American lives. The president did the right thing.

Sometimes violence is the solution. Obama taking out Bin Laden and most of al Qaeda proved that.

Yup - we can't apologize enough for being the beacon of freedom and champion of government by the people for the modern world. You are an idiot.

You cannot ignore the circumstances and time when this nation was founded when speaking of this nation's history. We started in a time of slavery. We started in a time of diversity. America has always stood for advancing freedom. There were issues in the beginning as there are issues now but we are ever improving and ever moving forward. To dwell on the shortcomings that we have addressed is asinine. Maybe you should, instead, be celebrating the fact that we have overcome those problems and created a free nation as a result.

So black americans back then were saluting the flag and saying, yup. This is the greatest country in the world because it stands for freedom? Just once, put yourself in those shoes and try to say that.

America has always stood for advancing freedom? Especially during the slavery days. Especially when they first got here and tamed the "savages"? Freedom to them? Really. You know who had freedom back then? White males. Period.

Native Americans come to mind as one group that was heavily persecuted. The US broke every treaty with them. However, I'm not apologizing for those jackasses. I didn't do it.

Native Americans come to mind as one group that was heavily persecuted. The US broke every treaty with them. However, I'm not apologizing for those jackasses. I didn't do it.

I dont blame you. Its wrong what happened but please lets not forget history.

Zoom, while I have to agree with you on the horrors with put black Americans through, I have also had the oppertunity to speak with a couple of the Tuskegee Airmen. They understood the nation they were fighting for, and they realized what they had to do the change that nation into a better one. All nations and peoples have committed acts that shame their descendents. It is the realization of this fact, and facing our own shortcomings, realizing the defects that are part of our culture and repairing those defects, that is the duty of a citizen. Not just wringing our hands about the horrors of the past, but preventing them in the future, and making today better than yesterday. That was the thrust of the Civil Rights Movement of the '60's, and many of the men who took part in that changing of our culture had proudly wore the uniform of our military.

fuck you im a proud patriotic vet !!! you are nothing more than an ignorant animal that blames your own problems on someone else ....TRAITOR !!

I dont blame you. Its wrong what happened but please lets not forget history.

Its imperative to know the constructs of how history can dictate the future if we're ignorant of past transgressions. We move on and make things right.

“I WILL NEVER APOLOGIZE FOR AMERICA"
(and for the hundreds of years of racist Mormon’s beliefs and treatment of Afro-Americans who are not the only Black race of people)
Mitt Romney.

America can never apologize enough.

For the invasion and occupation of the Americas and, genocide of native Americans, stripping them of their children, their names, families, culture and their language. For the thug and criminal Columbus and James Town.

For 200 years of slavery, Jim Crow and discrimination, separating families and murder by hanging and the only crime is being Black. Stripped of all human dignity. They wives raped in front of them.

For killing million of Japanese civilians in the name of war and internment of millions of Japanese-Americans and stealing their property.

For killing millions of innocent Iraqi men, women and children.

For sending children of Americans to be hired killers and sacrificing their lives for a lie.

For infecting Afro-Americans with deadly disease. TB and syphilis and the force sterilization of hundreds of Afro-American women.

For the years Mormons has degraded Afro-Americans as dirty lazy lithesome people and still do because it is still in the Book of Mormons that should be banned and burned.

For the many atrocities against humanity yet to come.

For Americas greed.

The interest and investments that Romney gets on this millions is blood money and he need to personally apologize to every working American. Romney is Wall Street.

GOD bless America?
“Be sure of this: The wicked will not go unpunished“.. Pro 11;21
“GOD will bring to ruin those ruining the earth.” Rev.11;18.

1 John 1;8... “if we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us.”

There is a HUGE difference between apologizing for America and apologizing for somethings that America as a nation did.

Yup - we can't apologize enough for being the beacon of freedom and champion of government by the people for the modern world. You are an idiot.

You cannot ignore the circumstances and time when this nation was founded when speaking of this nation's history. We started in a time of slavery. We started in a time of diversity. America has always stood for advancing freedom. There were issues in the beginning as there are issues now but we are ever improving and ever moving forward. To dwell on the shortcomings that we have addressed is asinine. Maybe you should, instead, be celebrating the fact that we have overcome those problems and created a free nation as a result.

So black americans back then were saluting the flag and saying, yup. This is the greatest country in the world because it stands for freedom? Just once, put yourself in those shoes and try to say that.

America has always stood for advancing freedom? Especially during the slavery days. Especially when they first got here and tamed the "savages"? Freedom to them? Really. You know who had freedom back then? White males. Period.

We learned. We got better.

We learned. We got better.

We have gotten better of course, but I want you to think about the time line of when Slavery ended and when blacks could even vote here. That is a long, long time. It was a relatively short time ago, when blacks could not even vote in this country, or marry who they wanted or lived where they wanted to. Remember the back of the bus craziness. This all happened in my lifetime.

Thank God things have gotten better of course. I just dont want us to forget what happened not to long ago.

Last edited:

Go America. Yeah

Dont care. I live here. .

If you choose to be ignorant don't complain if it makes you unhappy.

Forum List

Back