I Would Give the Democrats Credit....but....

candycorn

Diamond Member
Aug 25, 2009
Deep State Plant.
Those who follow my postings closely (God help you--get a life) know that I have been impressed with the Machiavellian moves by the DNC as of late. The propping up of MAGA candidates like Walker and OZ in 2022, the Bernie bandishment where three candidates dropped out and supported Biden out of nowhere in the 2020 primaries. I sort of wonder if the Biden/Harris switcher-oo was planned as well but I doubt it since giving up a presidential run is likely not something that would fit in with the egomaniac political animal you have to be to run for President in the first place.

Anyway, Arizona, today became the 7th state (more to come maybe) to put a measure on the November ballot giving voters the right to enshrine Abortion rights into the State constitution.

Lets all hope it passes.

Those who are politically aware beyond the most recent Sideshow Bob/WWE influences may recall a time when issues were the key to electoral success. In 2004, Ohio placed a referendum on the ballot outlawing same sex marriage. SCOTUS would blow the doors off of it about 10 years later but that isn’t my point.

Karl Rove, President George W. Bush, orchestrated the placement of the measure on the November ballot in the swing state of Ohio--organizers in the state wanted more time and to make it a special election in 2005 or 2006. Rove wanted it put on the ’04 General Election ballot to drive the turnout in Southern Ohio’s Amish country. It worked.

(say what you want about the investigations into the Ohio presidential race afterword)

I would submit that maybe--just maybe--the Dems are strategizing and getting these initiates onto the ballot to drive turnout for Harris. AZ is, I believe, the first true “swing” state to have one. Had it been done in other swing states, I would be convinced--Nevada has a similar measure but that state hasn’t swung very much. I did see where Montana is having one as well. Who knows how that will go. However, given the nature of the Dobbs decision and the resulting furor over the limitations...it may be the reverse that is true. “Vote for Harris while you’re there to vote for the constitutional amendment, please.”

Forum List

Back