Did Command Sergeant Major Walz serve during wartime?

Sure, sitting in an air-condition tent typing away on a keyboard.
When one starts splitting hairs about who did more duty...Compare 24 yrs to 3.8yrs.
Oh and when bone-spur hero "P01135809" is the go to guy.
Nice try Elliot! LOL
Command Master Sargeant .....CMSgt) is the ninth, and highest, enlisted rank in the United States Air Force and the United States Space Force, just above senior master sergeant, and is a senior non-commissioned officer rank.
Compared to Corporal vance....After high school, Vance joined the US Marine Corps, where he served from 2003 to 2007 as a combat correspondent in a non-combative role, including a six-month deployment in the public affairs department in Iraq.

And Vindman knows or should know that service in the NG is 38 days a year (1 weekend a month and 2 weeks a year) X 24 = 912 days or 2.5 years of active duty equivalent service. And Vance is a combat vet. He served in a combat zone, it's the definition of combat vet.

Last edited:
When one starts splitting hairs about who did more duty...Compare 24 yrs to 3.8yrs.
Nice try Elliot! LOL
Command Master Sargeant .....CMSgt) is the ninth, and highest, enlisted rank in the United States Air Force and the United States Space Force, just above senior master sergeant, and is a senior non-commissioned officer rank.
Compared to Corporal vance....After high school, Vance joined the US Marine Corps, where he served from 2003 to 2007 as a combat correspondent in a non-combative role, including a six-month deployment in the public affairs department in Iraq.

You are bad at math.

the NG serves 1 weekend a month which equals 24 days a year, and 2 weeks a year. Lets be generous and assume that these 2 weeks dont coincide with one or 2 of those weekends, so an additional 14 days. 24+14=38. 38*24=912 days or 2.5 years. Walz also did 6 mons in Italy I think but lets call it a year and we will add in 6 months for basic training and his A school. That's 4 years of actual service. You dont get the same credit for the 327 days of the year you spent working at your civilian job as the active duty guy gets. Their time actually wearing a uniform is likely about the same. Should we add in time for Vance's time in a combat zone? Having spent over 3 years total in combat zones I'll tell you it's not like straight time. 15-16 hour days 7 days a week. That shit adds up. Away from your family, getting shot at. etc.

All that to say NG time isnt the same as Active duty time. It's not even close.

Nice try Elliot! LOL
Vance didn't even try to get out of it, unlike the coward.

I went duck hunting while the Afghanistan war was going on. So, using Tampon Timmy’s criteria I carried a weapon of war in war.

So someone who was in Germany in the 1960's for his whole enlistment can claim to be a Vietnam Vet?
I got pulled off levy on my way to Vietnam. I never served in country. I am NOT a Vietnam veteran; I am a Vietnam ERA veteran. People who served in Vietnam got a campaign ribbon for it. Does Walz have a campaign ribbon for Enduring Freedom?

Forum List

Back