I’d like to get some thoughts on this....

tycho1572

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2016
After gifting several nurses something this past Christmas, one thought it was necessary to tell me she is married. That was after she gave me a card saying how much it meant to her.

The GF said I should explain why I do that every year for many nurses. I’m thinking it’s best to leave this alone.

Thoughts?

Oh... she got a 1lb box of homemade chocolates ($20) and $10 of scratch off tickets in the card. It’s what I gave to several people at work.

Should I tell her she isn’t as special as she thinks?

After gifting several nurses something this past Christmas, one thought it was necessary to tell me she is married. That was after she gave me a card saying how much it meant to her.

The GF said I should explain why I do that every year for many nurses. I’m thinking it’s best to leave this alone.

Thoughts?

Don't gift "several" nurses ....just gift one or two. That' plenty!

but then what do I know? nothing ,,:04:

Sounds like a conceited twat. Dint give the bitch anything next year. Just smile and say merry christmas as you hand the fat 68 year old coworker with chronic gout homemade chocolates.

Very kind of you to do that.. most people wouldn't think of doing that so when you do they think that you are after something.. so she told you right away..
If you do something like this in the future, just tag the note with.. just wanted to thank you merry christmas..

Why bother?

Go with your first instinct, leave it alone.

If she thinks you were hitting on her, leaving it (and her) alone will make her realize that you weren't.
After blowing her off shortly before an important meeting the other day, I’m now feeling like I should explain a few things.

This is a woman I like/respect, but have little contact with. I’d hate for her to think our last encounter had anything to do with her being married.

Why bother?

If she thinks you were hitting on her, leaving it (and her) alone will make her realize that you weren't.
After blowing her off shortly before an important meeting the other day, I’m now feeling like I should explain a few things.

This is a woman I like/respect, but have little contact with. I’d hate for her to think our last encounter had anything to do with her being married.

Well, you have a better grasp of the situation then I do, obviously.

But if you make a big deal over it, it's just going to make her think she was right the first time.

I would nip that in the bud right away. Thank her for the lovely card and you want to clear up any misconceptions. Tell her that you gave the same gift to multiple nurses and others and that you are not interested in her. You have a wonderful girlfriend of so many years and it was just a random act of kindness. Shake hands and walk away.

It will clear up any confusion or the ability to misconstrue your actions.

Thoughts?

A little late in game for a Mulligan ... But prep for any future occurrences.

When someone assumes they have the need to inform you they are married ... It's easy to acknowledge their concerns and achieve a smooth recovery.
Simply say something like ...

"That's wonderful, I would love to meet him.
Perhaps the two of you can join my girlfriend and I for dinner sometime."

Chances are an actual literal invitation to dinner won't be necessary.

Last edited:
Why bother?

Always do the precise opposite of what DocIsStupid says.

Thoughts?

Think that is worse. If she is one of many, it's just a nice gesture. If it is just one or two, it may have other meanings.

I think when she told you she was married, you should have said "And to a lucky guy! And I am lucky to work with you and the other great nurses!"

Thoughts?

Think that is worse. If she is one of many, it's just a nice gesture. If it is just one or two, it may have other meanings.

Certainly, that's another possibility.

Forum List

Back