Idaho Governor sighs emergency legislation nullifying federal gun laws

One problem in NY. Our idiot governore passes laws that are even worse than the federal ones

Um They won't as you 2 have already been shown at least 2 states did what they wanted with marijuana legislation and legalization. You lose.

Only because the federal Justice Department has CHOSEN not to contest them.

Where are all of those from the crowd that attacks the Justice Department for selectively enforcing the law?

Flip flop time, AGAIN.

deflection on your behalf :eusa_whistle:
laws are laws.....right?

Are you claiming that a federal prosecutorial decision not to enforce a particular law under particular circumstances proves that nullifcation is the constitutional right of states?

Their job is to enforce ALL federal laws. So if THEY can choose which to follow then so can we. :)

No you can't. Do you really think that if a State passed a law nullifying the Civil Rights Act of 1964 that state could win a court challenge by citing the Colorado pot laws?

lol, good luck.

Only because the federal Justice Department has CHOSEN not to contest them.

Where are all of those from the crowd that attacks the Justice Department for selectively enforcing the law?

Flip flop time, AGAIN.

laws are laws.....right?

Are you claiming that a federal prosecutorial decision not to enforce a particular law under particular circumstances proves that nullifcation is the constitutional right of states?
In Co. and Wa. it prevailed.

Go ahead and join the fed gov and try and enforce the law...Let us know how that goes for ya.

The Supremacy Clause is the provision in Article Six of the United States Constitution, Clause 2, that establishes the U.S. Constitution, federal statutes, and U.S. treaties as "the supreme law of the land." The text provides that these are the highest form of law in the U.S. legal system, and mandates that all state judges must follow federal law when a conflict arises between federal law and either the state constitution or state law of any state.

One more example of the far right defending the Constitution when it sees fit, and ignoring the Constitution for political expedience!

Yet, we have conflict between the two, and states are ignoring the federal law.

laws are laws.....right?

In Co. and Wa. it prevailed.

CO and WA took advantage of the fact that the Federal govt has no authority to regulate marijuana. It's just been getting away with it for decades because people were afraid to call them on it.

Now the Fed doesn't dare take CO or WA to court, because of the real danger that the Fed will lose the case on 10th amendment grounds. Because, in fact, CO and WA are right and the Fed is wrong.

And if it's established that the states can nullify Federal laws when the Fed has no authority to make those laws, then 3/4 of everything the Fed govt does (all of liberalism, basically) will start crashing down as states nullify everything from "gun control" laws to EPA regulations to Obamacare.

states may not ‘nullify’ Federal laws or rulings by the Federal courts.

If the Federal law is clearly unconstitutional, as these "gun control" laws are, then of course the states can nullify them.

In fact, the Supreme Court ruled long ago that such laws are null and void. They were pretty clearly saying that you don't need a court to tell you you didn't have to follow them. They were AUTOMATICALLY dead.

Their job is to enforce ALL federal laws. So if THEY can choose which to follow then so can we. :)

No you can't. Do you really think that if a State passed a law nullifying the Civil Rights Act of 1964 that state could win a court challenge by citing the Colorado pot laws?

lol, good luck.

so if i get busted with an Oz of pot by the feds.....i cant say,wait a minute....how come my fellow Citizens in Colorado and Washington are doing it and you guys are letting it happen?.......Federal laws are supposed to be equally enforced throughout the Country,are they not?....

lol, good luck.

so if i get busted with an Oz of pot by the feds.....i cant say,wait a minute....how come my fellow Citizens in Colorado and Washington are doing it and you guys are letting it happen?.......Federal laws are supposed to be equally enforced throughout the Country,are they not?....

Guns and pot aren't the same thing.

According to this 'theory', if Roe v Wade were overturned, and was followed by a federal law against abortion,

all the states that wanted to keep abortion legal would have to do was nullify the federal law.

states may not ‘nullify’ Federal laws or rulings by the Federal courts.

If the Federal law is clearly unconstitutional, as these "gun control" laws are, then of course the states can nullify them.

In fact, the Supreme Court ruled long ago that such laws are null and void. They were pretty clearly saying that you don't need a court to tell you you didn't have to follow them. They were AUTOMATICALLY dead.

And who is the legal authority to decide which laws are 'clearly' unconstitutional?

lol, good luck.

The Fed doesn't dare take CO or WA to court over pot, because of the real danger that the Fed will lose the case on 10th amendment grounds. In fact, the Fed govt has no constitutional authority to regulate marijuana.

And losing that case, would be the start of a long string of losses, as powers the Fed has usurped from the States over the years (with no authority to do so), get stripped away as the result of more lawsuits.

Last edited:

lol, good luck.

The Fed doesn't dare take CO or WA to court over pot, because of the real danger that the Fed will lose the case on 10th amendment grounds. In fact, the Fed govt has no constitutional authority to regulate marijuana.

And losing that case, would be the start of a long string of losses, as powers the Fed has usurped from the States over the years (with no authority to do so), get stripped away as the result of more lawsuits.

When was the Controlled Substances Act found unconstitutional?

You go with that then sparky. Good luck. The SANE people here choose not to. :)

Forum List

Back