Idaho Governor sighs emergency legislation nullifying federal gun laws

Fine -- just make it illegal to transport guns in or out of the state.

Meaning NO NEW GUNS will every be sold in the state after the last one currently in the state is sold.

See, there's this little thing called interstate commerce… and with the internet nowadays, that means the feds get to regulated just about everything.

Anything that can cross a state line, including air and water.

You don't like it?

MOVE!!!

Me, I'll work to make it more efficient and less costly.

Meaning NO NEW GUNS will every be sold in the state after the last one currently in the state is sold.

what are you thinking

brand spanking new firearms can be made in state
-------------------------------------

The South Dakota Legislature recently passed SB 89 which declares “exempt from federal regulation any firearm, firearm accessory, or ammunition manufactured and retained in South Dakota.”

Now, a little more than a week later, South Dakota Governor Mike Rounds has signed the bill into law.

The bill is the latest of many crafted in states across the country in the last year which re-assert the Tenth Amendment rights of the states which have been carelessly trampled by the federal government for decades.

The Tenth Amendment declares

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

http://www.dakotavoice.com/2010/03/governor-rounds-signs-firearms-freedom-act-into-law/

See, there's this little thing called interstate commerce… and with the internet nowadays, that means the feds get to regulated just about everything.

You don't like it?

MOVE!!!

what are you thinking

The South Dakota Legislature recently passed SB 89 which declares “exempt from federal regulation any firearm, firearm accessory, or ammunition manufactured and retained in South Dakota.”

Now, a little more than a week later, South Dakota Governor Mike Rounds has signed the bill into law.

The bill is the latest of many crafted in states across the country in the last year which re-assert the Tenth Amendment rights of the states which have been carelessly trampled by the federal government for decades.

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

http://www.dakotavoice.com/2010/03/governor-rounds-signs-firearms-freedom-act-into-law/

That'd be a good state to open a gun manufacturing plant. I'd have the market cornered!

states don't have the right to nullify fed laws

Read the Tenth Amendment.

Or better yet, have a third grader read it to you so they can explain it to you at the same time.

Yeah, and?

The Constitution is supreme.

The state has no standing to "nullify" Federal laws on their own.

This was decided pretty dramatically in the Civil War.

Didn't you know? Conservatives LOVE the US Constitution and are strict constructionists...except when they don't like it when they can't summarily ignore any federal law they don't agree with. Then it becomes an issue of states' rights as far as they're concerned, up until the point that they don't like the laws of their state and they want the federal gov't to pass laws which essentially negate those state laws.

And no matter what else is true, don't forget one thing. Conservatives stand on principle. Of course, that's only true if the definition of 'standing on principle' is changed to mean supporting any argument that allows you to get your own way in the end.

Last edited:

You don't like it?

MOVE!!!

what are you thinking

That'd be a good state to open a gun manufacturing plant. I'd have the market cornered!

yeah it is

You don't like it?

MOVE!!!

what are you thinking

Small market, you'd lose your shirt.

I love living in Idaho. We still have a common sense government for the most part. :D

what you actually have are a bunch of assholes that are either grandstanding or don't understand they way our government works.

which do you think is worse?

edit - this doesn't nullify anything. that's my mistake. although here and missouri the dumbasses in our state house are trying to do just that - and the idiots eat it up. sigh.

Last edited:

what are you thinking

I doubt that.

The facility wouldn't need more than two gunsmiths to keep up with orders add a receptionist to the mix and that's all the manpower you need. Buying or leasing a building shouldn't be that big of a problem. I'll concede you may not make millions, but you can make a decent profit and the business will last as long as you wanted.

what are you thinking

not really

the maker can always add a serial number and sell it and cross state lines

I doubt that.

The facility wouldn't need more than two gunsmiths to keep up with orders add a receptionist to the mix and that's all the manpower you need. Buying or leasing a building shouldn't be that big of a problem. I'll concede you may not make millions, but you can make a decent profit and the business will last as long as you wanted.

a guy in Mitchell has a crew of five

they only make and reload ammo

from a little warehouse

they are making a million a year

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz

:eek: Dude, interstate commerce is when things ARE traded across State lines, it's not anything that CAN be traded across State lines. And air isn't traded. When would water be traded except by government? Liberals, wow...

Also, the purpose of the commerce clause was to allow the Federal government to enhance trade between the States, not to restrict it or control businesses.

Last edited:

I doubt that.

from a little warehouse

Wow there may be a bigger demand up there than what I thought.

I doubt that.

from a little warehouse

Wow there may be a bigger demand up there than what I thought.

big demand lots of ma and pa shops around

One, Kaz, you are constitutionally challenged.

Two, the feds will pick and choose as they always have done.

Gotcha, now what about answering the question?

The feds will enforce the laws that it desires to enforce, and not a thing anyone in ID can do about it except grovel.

How exactly are they going to enforce it, arrest Idaho law enforcement for not enforcing the laws?

The question was sufficiently answered: step along.

One, Kaz, you are constitutionally challenged.

Two, the feds will pick and choose as they always have done.

Gotcha, now what about answering the question?

How exactly are they going to enforce it, arrest Idaho law enforcement for not enforcing the laws?

The question was sufficiently answered: step along.

Dodge the question a couple rounds, then say it was previously answered and never actually address the question. Just a day at the office for you.

Read the Tenth Amendment.

Or better yet, have a third grader read it to you so they can explain it to you at the same time.

Yeah, and?

The Constitution is supreme.

The state has no standing to "nullify" Federal laws on their own.

This was decided pretty dramatically in the Civil War.

Didn't you know? Conservatives LOVE the US Constitution and are strict constructionists...except when they don't like it when they can't summarily ignore any federal law they don't agree with. Then it becomes an issue of states' rights as far as they're concerned, up until the point that they don't like the laws of their state and they want the federal gov't to pass laws which essentially negate those state laws.

And no matter what else is true, don't forget one thing. Conservatives stand on principle. Of course, that's only true if the definition of 'standing on principle' is changed to mean supporting any argument that allows you to get your own way in the end.

like Democrats dont do the same thing.....

I love living in Idaho. We still have a common sense government for the most part. :D

what you actually have are a bunch of assholes that are either grandstanding or don't understand they way our government works.

which do you think is worse?

edit - this doesn't nullify anything. that's my mistake. although here and missouri the dumbasses in our state house are trying to do just that - and the idiots eat it up. sigh.
So you don't have a point. I see....:cuckoo:
Our state government for the most part KNOWS government and how it works.
I'm just not sure you do.

Forum List

Back