Idaho Governor sighs emergency legislation nullifying federal gun laws

The law has no force.

No "force" is required.
The lack of "enforcement" is the key to this new law.
This essentially forces the federal government to enter the State of Idaho, presumably by use of military force, to ensure Idaho law enforcement bows down to federal bidding.
This is not going to happen.
The only recourse I see is the withholding of federal funding. Such funding could be , highway or education funding.
I'd like to see one state tell the feds " thanks, but you can keep the money. We don't need it. Or the strings that come with it.

The law does no such thing as the fruit loops think but is posturing only for the unwashed.

Now some states have done as you have suggested: Utah and Texas on Medicaid in terms of ACA.

How long the far right can keep that up is only as long as they can keep the state governments.

Last edited:
Read the Tenth Amendment.

Or better yet, have a third grader read it to you so they can explain it to you at the same time.

Yeah, and?

The Constitution is supreme.

The state has no standing to "nullify" Federal laws on their own.

This was decided pretty dramatically in the Civil War.
And yet....they have, go figure.

Passing and enforcing legislation are two different things.

It is merely whether the feds are in agreement or not.

Marijuana? The feds agree.

If the feds don't agree, then the law will be enforced.

they only like the fed when it agrees with them.

they don't like government .

They don't believe in our Union

The feds will enforce the laws that it desires to enforce, and not a thing anyone in ID can do about it except grovel.

How exactly are they going to enforce it, arrest Idaho law enforcement for not enforcing the laws?

One, Kaz, you are constitutionally challenged.

Two, the feds will pick and choose as they always have done.

LOL. Oh well, when the posturing is all done, the federal laws will be enforced, and nobody will give a damn.

Go ahead and join the fed gov and try and enforce the law...Let us know how that goes for ya.

I think you're the one who ought to let us know. If federal agents show up to start enforcing these laws what do you think the state is going to do?

Um They won't as you 2 have already been shown at least 2 states did what they wanted with marijuana legislation and legalization. You lose.

Medical marijuana has been legal in more than a dozen states for years and the feds have raided medical marijuana facilities as well as the growers and prosecuted them. The states did nothing to stop them.

So I'll ask again, if some ATF agents raid a few people's homes or businesses because they aren't following federal guidelines for firearms, for example, what is the State of Idaho going to do?

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
LOL. Oh well, when the posturing is all done, the federal laws will be enforced, and nobody will give a damn.

I think you're the one who ought to let us know. If federal agents show up to start enforcing these laws what do you think the state is going to do?

Um They won't as you 2 have already been shown at least 2 states did what they wanted with marijuana legislation and legalization. You lose.

Medical marijuana has been legal in more than a dozen states for years and the feds have raided medical marijuana facilities as well as the growers and prosecuted them. The states did nothing to stop them.

So I'll ask again, if some ATF agents raid a few people's homes or businesses because they aren't following federal guidelines for firearms, for example, what is the State of Idaho going to do?

Did I miss something in the law? I thought it prevented Idaho law enforcement from assisting the Feds enforce those laws, it didn't try to restrict the Feds from enforcing them.

Did I miss something in the law? I thought it prevented Idaho law enforcement from assisting the Feds enforce those laws, it didn't try to restrict the Feds from enforcing them.

So they haven't nullified anything then. Glad we cleared that up.

You should read the law again. It said nothing about stopping federal agents from enforcing the law. It stated that state authorities were not going to enforce federal law as it pertains to gun confiscation. Much like the states of California and Washington are not enforcing federal marijuana laws.

That's how I understand it to be.

You should read the law again. It said nothing about stopping federal agents from enforcing the law. It stated that state authorities were not going to enforce federal law as it pertains to gun confiscation. Much like the states of California and Washington are not enforcing federal marijuana laws.

Exactly. Nothing has been nullified, see? Tell that to the OP

Forum List

Back