Idaho is the fastest growing state in Union - Wyoming dead last

Why? - Despite all the fluffing from Trump .. Coal is dead & the Fat Lady sings.

Half of Idaho's neighbors are in the top five. All but one are in the top 13.

The "but one" is Wyoming. It's dead last: 51st out of a possible 51 (our ranking is adjusted for population and includes Washington, D.C.). Wyoming lost 1.0 percent of its population in 2017 even as Idaho was gaining 2.2 percent.

On the surface, the two states appear to have much in common. They share a border, a birth month (July 1890) and even — for a few brief heady months in 1863 — membership in the "Idaho Territory."

Wyoming has long been the nation's coal king. The vast operations of the Powder River Basin produce more coal than all but a handful of states put together. But cheap natural gas has reduced power plants' dependence on the mineral. Wyoming's mines are shipping out fewer tons of coal and getting paid less for each of them.

That helps explain why the state went from the fourth-fastest growing in 2012 (D.C. was first that year) to rock bottom in 2017.​

Why people really want to move to Idaho but are fleeing our neighbor, Wyoming

the-coalindustry-revival-its-like-flogging-a-dean-ad-tech-19754131.png

A quick check on manufacturing jobs Idaho I am very impressed...not

Electrical Assembly/Panel Builder
Precision Pumping Systems - Boise, ID 83716
$14 an hour

Join our growing team!

Precision Pumping Systems in Boise, Idaho is hiring for an Electrical Assembly/Panel Builder.

Applicants must have

• an understanding of electricity
  • familiarity with wiring schematics
  • proficient with hand and power tools

Hey...............when I lived in the western part of Montana, there were many weekends I would hop over to Idaho just to go fishing. Some of the lakes and streams they have over there are loaded with prime sized trout.

And yeah, they also have some world class hunting up there.

If you like the outdoors, you could do a lot worse than Idaho.

Yep, I can walk a block down to the Boise River from my place and catch a nice trout.

They also plant steelhead in the fall (got a nice one last year) and Chinook in the spring just for fun.

You know, that is one of the things I miss about living up there. All I had to do for fresh trout was jump on my bike and go down to the river, or hike a mile into the mountains to my favorite fishing hole.

Now? I live in Amarillo, and the options are pretty thin for trout.

Why? - Despite all the fluffing from Trump .. Coal is dead & the Fat Lady sings.

The "but one" is Wyoming. It's dead last: 51st out of a possible 51 (our ranking is adjusted for population and includes Washington, D.C.). Wyoming lost 1.0 percent of its population in 2017 even as Idaho was gaining 2.2 percent.

On the surface, the two states appear to have much in common. They share a border, a birth month (July 1890) and even — for a few brief heady months in 1863 — membership in the "Idaho Territory."

Wyoming has long been the nation's coal king. The vast operations of the Powder River Basin produce more coal than all but a handful of states put together. But cheap natural gas has reduced power plants' dependence on the mineral. Wyoming's mines are shipping out fewer tons of coal and getting paid less for each of them.

That helps explain why the state went from the fourth-fastest growing in 2012 (D.C. was first that year) to rock bottom in 2017.​

$14 an hour

Join our growing team!

Precision Pumping Systems in Boise, Idaho is hiring for an Electrical Assembly/Panel Builder.

Applicants must have

Wow really generous...I can stock groceries for 10

Hey...............when I lived in the western part of Montana, there were many weekends I would hop over to Idaho just to go fishing. Some of the lakes and streams they have over there are loaded with prime sized trout.

And yeah, they also have some world class hunting up there.

If you like the outdoors, you could do a lot worse than Idaho.

Yep, I can walk a block down to the Boise River from my place and catch a nice trout.

They also plant steelhead in the fall (got a nice one last year) and Chinook in the spring just for fun.

The Quixotic Angler: Wild Trout Thrive in the Boise River
What's the weather like now?

$14 an hour

Join our growing team!

Applicants must have

Wow really generous...I can stock groceries for 10
But with this job you can punch metal...

$14 an hour

Join our growing team!

Applicants must have

Well, one job listing and now your research is complete.

It would be a turrible place for you to move Bear - Just TURRIBLE!! :D

Wyoming is pretty rocky and uninhabitable. Not surprising.

It's obvious that you have never been to Wyoming. Yes, there are mountains in the state, but they are on the western side of the state. The eastern side is plains and lots of ranching.

NW corner - Jackson Hole through Yellowstone is drop dead gorgeous.

But their are more Pronghorn Sheep than there are people. Just ask RWNJ :)

Yep. One year, I hung a left at Cheyanne and went all the way across the state, and then cut north to Yellowstone, back across Montana, and into Sturgis.

Did that particular little detour just for the scenery. There is one little problem though, coming across Bear Tooth Pass (one of the top 10 scenic drives in the WORLD, and I recommend driving it at least once) at the beginning of August it was freaking COLD. Started the morning in Yellowstone and the temp was around 60, but got to the top and it was 30 degrees and SNOWING.
Thanks for the tip on Bear Tooth Pass.

$14 an hour

Join our growing team!

Applicants must have

Well, one job listing and now your research is complete.

It would be a turrible place for you to move Bear - Just TURRIBLE!! :D

It's one out of 50 you think I will post every job in manufacturing?

Ever hear of an example

Btw I have a good friend on Facebook who lives there she is always posting stuff.

Wyoming is pretty rocky and uninhabitable. Not surprising.

It's obvious that you have never been to Wyoming. Yes, there are mountains in the state, but they are on the western side of the state. The eastern side is plains and lots of ranching.

NW corner - Jackson Hole through Yellowstone is drop dead gorgeous.

But their are more Pronghorn Sheep than there are people. Just ask RWNJ :)

Yep. One year, I hung a left at Cheyanne and went all the way across the state, and then cut north to Yellowstone, back across Montana, and into Sturgis.

Did that particular little detour just for the scenery. There is one little problem though, coming across Bear Tooth Pass (one of the top 10 scenic drives in the WORLD, and I recommend driving it at least once) at the beginning of August it was freaking COLD. Started the morning in Yellowstone and the temp was around 60, but got to the top and it was 30 degrees and SNOWING.
Thanks for the tip on Bear Tooth Pass.

You are welcome. If you have the chance during a summer, I highly recommend going over the top of it. At one spot on the pass, they have a rest stop, and when you look over the edge, you can see damn near the whole road switchbacking down the mountain. Lots of hairpin turns and you want to take your time, because if you go off the road, you WILL tumble all the way to the bottom. The pass goes from Yellowstone to Red Lodge MT, and Red Lodge is a nice little town to stop in. They have some good places to eat, and having some beers with the locals in a bar at night is a cool experience.

Why how come?

I'll keep an eye out but haven't seen any Amish around Boise of late.

Becoming more diverse though - loads of new immigrants.
More Syrian refugees in Boise than NYC and LA combined

We are an "Immigrant Welcoming City"
Boise "Welcoming City" Resolution Affirms City Commitment to Immigrants, Disgust With National Immigration Actions

Yet another reason why you wouldn't like it ;)
As soon as they legalize weed I'll be there...

I'll be of a mind to move my tax base out of Virginia should it continue its recent stumble along The Path of Error.

What do they do for fun in Idaho?

Not much..the Amish have been fleeing Pennsylvania for Idaho

Why how come?

Growth in Lancaster county is the main culprit plus high taxes

Oh they surrounding them, you know for some reason I thought they were exempt from say property taxes

Yeah people are FLEEING to Idaho.

Good conservative values, lots of school choice, lots of Mormons, lots of land.

Boise is largely where the growth is taking place and you probably wouldn't be happy here.

Dem Mayor and City Council :happy-1:

No I have no interest in Boise. The cockroach commies have taken it over, just like they took over Bend, Portland and Eugene in Oregon.

Boise is largely where the growth is taking place and you probably wouldn't be happy here.

No I have no interest in Boise. The cockroach commies have taken it over, just like they took over Bend, Portland and Eugene in Oregon.

Don't worry liberals will screw up that place too with high taxes

Don't worry liberals will screw up that place too with high taxes
That's what they do.
They move in
They get jobs in the schools
They start shutting down the rural area economies and sending child welfare workers in to seize the kids/destroy the culture:

14 new positions for child welfare in Roseburg, and new (additional) cw *supervisors* all across the state:
State of Oregon SSS1 (Child Protective Services Assessment Worker/FOURTEEN Positions) Job in Roseburg, OR | Glassdoor

Roseburg just happens to be a stronghold of guns rights defenders.
The commies were not happy when community members asserted that they were going to fucking pack on the campuses, despite the best efforts of the POS college administrators who tried to use the campus shooting there as an excuse to disarm their college students.

Forum List

Back