If 1 out of every 5 households is on foodstamps, what is causing it?

You have posted an opinion piece from huffo puffo as fact... that is a fail

you posted an article from stars and stripes but neglected to look at what was really said... and when it was pointed out to you, you ignored it

And I have shown that you do not know shit about military compensation, military programs, or the situations where military families end up getting assistance....

You are not only ignorant, but also about as hard headed as they come

Again, what's your point? That no one in the military is on food stamps? If that's not the point that you are trying to make, then why are you swinging away like you're in some sort of cage match or something, Daveman?

Again.. the rare instance is not the norm... and the instance has certain circumstances.. unlike the fucking blanket statement you made out of ignorance, an inability to read and comprehend, and the writings of OPINION pieces by a hyper-partisan source

I pointed out the statement you made, which was wrong.. I pointed out the misinformation you posted.. and I pointed out the specifics within your own 'supportive' links that you ignored...

You are a complete idiot

Declining wages.

That's exactly right. Or, stagnant wages not keeping up with inflation.

I recently was interviewing for a new job and kept getting offered what I was making in the early 90s and that's pretty standard.

That's because we are now producing mass quantities of new money, it has weakened the dollar. We need to get our budget under control and reduce the debt and quit printing money to reduce the debt.

people, unfortunately, don't understand how it all goes hand in hand.

Since Planned Parenthood is the lib's answer to unplanned pregnancy (and just pure carelessness) do the lib's expect the taxpayers to pay for the health of the woman if the risks affect the woman too?

Absolutely. We're supposed to pay for the abortion (and any after effects), or the baby (if she decides to keep it for welfare purposes). Whatever it takes to keep them voting for Democrats, the rest of us have to pay.

I'll give +rep to the first who can answer this question correctly.

hint: assume the employment rate of all households is 92.3% since national unemployment is at 7.7%.
The war on businesses, both large and small, through taxation and over regulation is a definite key, as is shoving a healthcare bill down the throats of businesses, many of whom are planning to elect to pay the fine, as oppposed to abiding by Obama's mandated bullshit, that they cannot afford, are not helping matters either....Funny how one of the bills architects, Max Baucus, is now coming out and admitting it's going to be a disaster.

And then of course, there is the entitlement mentality that the dems are feeding, and the Obamabot loons are eating.

Our unionized and corrupt public school system, that regularly pumps out dumbasses, who are completely not ready to succeed in life, and are doomed for failure, is a major problem also.

hint: assume the employment rate of all households is 92.3% since national unemployment is at 7.7%.
Odds are 7:3 that you don't have the answer either, but are dying to promote your talking points.

Absentee baby daddy's, illegal immigrants, lack of ambition, a system which would rather give out handouts than make people self sufficient, and a precedent which dictates more kids, more freebies. There are many more, but those are the big ones.

It's against the law for illegals to get food stamps. Don't you know you can't believe anything Republicans say? All they know are lies.

Aside from poor health and moral aspects, hunger can lead to desperation, hostility and crime. We all win when no one goes hungry.

Most food stamp growth during the past four years has gone to Republican counties according to USDA data.

Republican-Heavy Counties Eat Up Most Food-Stamp Growth - Bloomberg

And now they believe education is for snobs, it will only get worse for them.

They want to lower the minimum wage and there is no way a family of four can survive on minimum wage without food stamps. What that means is that food stamps become a business subsidy since these companies on their own simply don't pay enough.

Worse, the majority of those getting food stamps have full time jobs.

Worst of all, you can bet a lot of these Republicans on the USMB get food stamps but won't admit it because it doesn't fit in to their "fantasy Internet character" they are trying desperately to become.

I believe it has to do with huge numbers of illegal aliens and the young entitlement generation.

God you're dumb.
You're even dumber if you trust the government to vet those not entitled. The fact is very large numbers of illegals receive food stamps either through anchor babies or simple government incompetence.

The Food Stamp Program Rewards Households with Illegal Aliens | Center for Immigration Studies
And now, rbean will quietly slink away, as he always does, like the typical liberal coward he is.

A combination of high unemployment, high underemployment and low wages.

Note the median incomes of working families in the lower two quintiles (50 million households) are BELOW $20,259 a year?

Household income in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Mean number of income earners 1.3 0.4 0.9 1.3 1.7 2.0 2.1

Now are you STILL wondering why so many people depend on Food suppliment to keep[ going?

Another element to the equation is, why are prices so high? (Hint: the answer is not as simple as "corporate greed".)

Yes...that's the other side of the equation.

Basically there are two reasons for rising prices:

1. Increased demand or decreased supply (or a combination of both); and

2. Increases in the supply of money chasing the goods and services extant.

In the case of the USA?

I'd say that increased money in circulation plays the majority role in the rising cost of living.

In fact, I'd say that there is probably more supply (in comparison to demand) than ever, in the case of MOST (not all) goods and services.

But what we DO know is this...the Americans workers incomes have been on the decline in terms of real purchasing power since 1970

For those of you too young to remember what life was like back then?

Let us tell you it was a better life (financially speaking) for most people.

Forum List

Back