If 1 out of every 5 households is on foodstamps, what is causing it?

Absentee baby daddy's, illegal immigrants, lack of ambition, a system which would rather give out handouts than make people self sufficient, and a precedent which dictates more kids, more freebies. There are many more, but those are the big ones.

It's against the law for illegals to get food stamps. Don't you know you can't believe anything Republicans say? All they know are lies.
Yeah, and it's also against the law to publically piss in an alley, and anytime you walk through an alley in this country, it usually smells like old, rancid piss.

It's also against the law to set off bombs, and shred people to bits, and, well, oooooh never mind.

Sooooo, what's your point, ya' typical liberal dumbass?:eusa_whistle:

Yes...that's the other side of the equation.

Basically there are two reasons for rising prices:

1. Increased demand or decreased supply (or a combination of both); and

2. Increases in the supply of money chasing the goods and services extant.

In the case of the USA?

I'd say that increased money in circulation plays the majority role in the rising cost of living.

In fact, I'd say that there is probably more supply (in comparison to demand) than ever, in the case of MOST (not all) goods and services.

But what we DO know is this...the Americans workers incomes have been on the decline in terms of real purchasing power since 1970

For those of you too young to remember what life was like back then?

Let us tell you it was a better life (financially speaking) for most people.
Most of that is nonsense. As consumer goods have become relatively far less expensive because of globalization and technology, real purchasing power has skyrocketed. For those of us that do remember, we can recall that the price of color TVs and countless other consumer goods that were built only in the US, Germany, Japan and a few other industrialized countries was relatively absorbent. Today, if you only have a mobile phone, a laptop, you do not need to purchase a typewriter, telephone, alarm clock, radio, camera, stereo system (except speakers), even smaller TVs and a host of other things I cannot remember.

This is not to say the rich have not gotten richer, but if you want to compare purchasing power of the past you have to do so realistically. The poverty alleviation which gripped so much of Asia in the 1970s cannot be ignored, unless of course your heart bleeds only for poor fat Americans. Whining about corporate greed does not preclude that people's lives are not improved despite it. You can't have it both ways.

How soon we forget

In the case of the USA?

I'd say that increased money in circulation plays the majority role in the rising cost of living.

In fact, I'd say that there is probably more supply (in comparison to demand) than ever, in the case of MOST (not all) goods and services.

But what we DO know is this...the Americans workers incomes have been on the decline in terms of real purchasing power since 1970

Most of that is nonsense. As consumer goods have become relatively far less expensive because of globalization and technology, real purchasing power has skyrocketed. For those of us that do remember, we can recall that the price of color TVs and countless other consumer goods that were built only in the US, Germany, Japan and a few other industrialized countries was relatively absorbent. Today, if you only have a mobile phone, a laptop, you do not need to purchase a typewriter, telephone, alarm clock, radio, camera, stereo system (except speakers), even smaller TVs and a host of other things I cannot remember.

This is not to say the rich have not gotten richer, but if you want to compare purchasing power of the past you have to do so realistically. The poverty alleviation which gripped so much of Asia in the 1970s cannot be ignored, unless of course your heart bleeds only for poor fat Americans. Whining about corporate greed does not preclude that people's lives are not improved despite it. You can't have it both ways.

How soon we forget

As though the introduction of cool appliances describes the entire economic experience?

:lol:

Yes, somethings have gotten cheaper. Clothing, and electronics and some chachas that people really do not need.

What HAS gotten more dear compared to incomes are the CORE purchases people must have to survive and prepare the next generation...shelter, energy, health care, education.

In the MID Sixties most American families were SINGLE WORKER families. ONLY One in Eight women worked outside the home.

Now, SEVEN IN EIGHT work outside the home and STILL the number of people needing foodstamps increases.

Do not confuse cheaper crap that we do not need to live with more expensive NECESSITIES that we do need to survive, lad.

THAT is what you are basing your argument on.

In the case of the USA?

How soon we forget

As though the introduction of cool appliances describes the entire economic experience?

:lol:

Yes, somethings have gotten cheaper. Clothing, and electronics and some chachas that people really do not need.

What HAS gotten more dear compared to incomes are the CORE purchases people must have to survive and prepare the next generation...shelter, energy, health care, education.

In the MID Sixties most American families were SINGLE WORKER families. ONLY One in Eight women worked outside the home.

Now, SEVEN IN EIGHT work outside the home and STILL the number of people needing foodstamps increases.

Do not confuse cheaper crap that we do not need to live with more expensive NECESSITIES that we do need to survive, lad.

THAT is what you are basing your argument on.
And this is yours:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExWfh6sGyso]What have the Romans ever done for us - YouTube[/ame]

Grow up ffs!

Absentee baby daddy's, illegal immigrants, lack of ambition, a system which would rather give out handouts than make people self sufficient, and a precedent which dictates more kids, more freebies. There are many more, but those are the big ones.

It's against the law for illegals to get food stamps. Don't you know you can't believe anything Republicans say? All they know are lies.

I hope you said this before it became publically known that the Government is not asking applicants if they are here legally or not.

In fact they are publicizing that fact in Mexico and in the Spanish Language newspapers, radio and television.

With food stamp spending in the United States skyrocketing since the beginning of the recession, the Department of Agriculture is paying to promote food stamp usage to illegal immigrants for the sake of their American children, according to documents obtained by a government watchdog.

“The promotion of the food stamp program, now known as “SNAP” (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program), includes a Spanish-language flyer provided to the Mexican Embassy by the USDA with a statement advising Mexicans in the U.S. that they do not need to declare their immigration status in order to receive financial assistance,” Judicial Watch announced today. “Emphasized in bold and underlined, the statement reads, ‘You need not divulge information regarding your immigration status in seeking this benefit for your children.’”

The USDA said the program is designed to help American children. “[The USDA Food and Nutrition Service] understands that mixed status households may be particularly vulnerable,” FNS’ Yibo Wood wrote to Mexican embassy officials in a January 2012 email. “Many of these households contain a non-citizen parent and a citizen child.”

Apparently you are not as well informed as you thought you were.

Last edited:
Republican leaning counties with poor education levels eat up most of the food stamp growth.

Republicans%20for%20Obama_0.jpg

In the case of the USA?

How soon we forget

Well I'll be damned. Who knew that you could use your TV and other electronics to soak up those pesky spills. I threw my TV down where the dog spilled his water bowl, and all I got was a shock. Forgot to unplug the damned tv.

Yea I would say that " relatively absorbent" would be the correct interpratation all right.
Kinda like some of the minds on here. Relatively absorbent.

Hey I know why people get food stamps; they like to eat and feed their families. Kinda like why food pantries have seen an explosion in visits by hungry people. To eat is good.
And when your money runs out before your hunger ends, you will go looking for food. It is a natural thing for people to eat I tell you.

I can see where you fuked up right wingers would think it MUCH better to have tens of thousands of people being hungry. Especially kids. Those little kids shouldn't be fed. They end up voting Demorats.

Beside voting dem., what else do hungry people do you might ask. Well, they will steal for food. They will shop lift for food. They will armed rob for food. They might work for food. (I have seen those signs from the homeless but I think they are lying) they will eat from the trash and dumpsters. They will go hungry. They will mooch off family and friends. They will get thrown in jail to eat. They will work a minimum wage job or two. They will do a lot of things.

But one for sure thing they will do is find something to eat.

But it is so cute when you fuking right wing whack jobs bitch about them being hungry. That is one of the reasons poor people love the right wing whack jobs of the republican party so much. They care, they really really care.

Hey I know why people get food stamps; they like to eat and feed their families. Kinda like why food pantries have seen an explosion in visits by hungry people. To eat is good.
And when your money runs out before your hunger ends, you will go looking for food. It is a natural thing for people to eat I tell you.
Yes, I've noticed that lean and hungry look on so many poor Americans - the fattest people I've ever seen anywhere. Please, pigs will fly before anybody goes hungry with or without food stamps in the US. That is the lamest thing I've heard in some time, rather like the bleating of sheep.

Yes, I've noticed that lean and hungry look on so many poor Americans - the fattest people I've ever seen anywhere. Please, pigs will fly before anybody goes hungry with or without food stamps in the US. That is the lamest thing I've heard in some time, rather like the bleating of sheep.

In case you missed some important news on diet. Obese does not mean healthy. Matter of fact, obesity has a cause. Actually a few causes. Poor diet is one of them. So all those fat people you see; they need diet help bad. Poor quality food and eating on the cheap are contributors. I know, hard to believe. If they just had the fortitude of you rethugs eh?

Hey meathead (what a name) how did you know the obese people you saw were on food stamps?
Did you ask them?

as of 2012, average participation was 14.85% or approx 1 in 7 individuals receiving benefits

I don't mind those who are truly poor getting foodstamps.

As long as they are not using the money in strip bars, to buy junk food, beer, cigarettes, and cigars.

I don't want anyone who is here illegally to get food stamps either. If they are hungry, they can go home and mooch off their fellow citizens.

In case you missed some important news on diet. Obese does not mean healthy. Matter of fact, obesity has a cause. Actually a few causes. Poor diet is one of them. So all those fat people you see; they need diet help bad. Poor quality food and eating on the cheap are contributors. I know, hard to believe. If they just had the fortitude of you rethugs eh?
I've a few emaciated people who lacked food in my time, and double-chinned corpulent "poor" Americans were not among them. You could make an argument that uninformed people make poor food choices I suppose, but to argue that they are fat because they are poor is not just bleating, rather, it is the bleating of sheep with the actual intellect of sheep.

Maybe Bloomberg was right. The government should control the diet of those intellectually incapable of grasping that drinking a Big Gulp is not going to help their waistlines or health, and are too poor to buy bottled water or God forbid, drink tap!(The Horror! The Horror!)

Maybe Bloomberg was right. The government should control the diet of those intellectually incapable of grasping that drinking a Big Gulp is not going to help their waistlines or health, and are too poor to buy bottled water or God forbid, drink tap!(The Horror! The Horror!)

And some of those who intellectually incapable of grasping that what they say or print is liable to get their asses kicked for them so mabye he needs to assign someone to clear what they want to say or print so that it doesn't happen.... too often..

I've a few emaciated people who lacked food in my time, and double-chinned corpulent "poor" Americans were not among them. You could make an argument that uninformed people make poor food choices I suppose, but to argue that they are fat because they are poor is not just bleating, rather, it is the bleating of sheep with the actual intellect of sheep.

In case you missed this part about food stamps. The agency administering the food stamp program have promoted healthy food choices as a part of recieving food stamps. Remember the food charts. Or course the right winger whack jobs HATE the government telling people what to eat. Even while giving them money to buy food.

And many fat people who are poor are fat because they don't eat properly. Just like fat people who are not on food stamps. What is/was your point?

And which is worse; being dumb, poor and obese or being educated, affluent and obese?

Simple enough?

Everyone is hungry. At least once a day. It has been that way for eons..or long before food stamps. Nope, food stamps showed up only after government started collecting income taxes.

First Food Stamp Program (FSP) (May 16, 1939 – Spring 1943)
Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Of course, the argument could be made that it is a hidden subsidy to farmers because it is administered by the Department of Agriculture. They have to do something with all the cheese they buy.

Only the government could invent that petroleum by product called 'processed cheese'. Yuck!

Last edited:
I can see where you fuked up right wingers would think it MUCH better to have tens of thousands of people being hungry. Especially kids. Those little kids shouldn't be fed. They end up voting Demorats.

Beside voting dem., what else do hungry people do you might ask. Well, they will steal for food. They will shop lift for food. They will armed rob for food. They might work for food. (I have seen those signs from the homeless but I think they are lying) they will eat from the trash and dumpsters. They will go hungry. They will mooch off family and friends. They will get thrown in jail to eat. They will work a minimum wage job or two. They will do a lot of things.

But one for sure thing they will do is find something to eat.

But it is so cute when you fuking right wing whack jobs bitch about them being hungry. That is one of the reasons poor people love the right wing whack jobs of the republican party so much. They care, they really really care.

In case you missed this part about food stamps. The agency administering the food stamp program have promoted healthy food choices as a part of recieving food stamps. Remember the food charts. Or course the right winger whack jobs HATE the government telling people what to eat. Even while giving them money to buy food.

And many fat people who are poor are fat because they don't eat properly. Just like fat people who are not on food stamps. What is/was your point?

And which is worse; being dumb, poor and obese or being educated, affluent and obese?
Well, saying that people are fat because they are poor is a marked step down from your initial claim that idea that they are hungry. At least you do seem to understand the absurdity of claiming that fat people are hungry. Now, of course they're fat because they're too stupid to figure out that Big Macs and Gulps are not healthy.

Simple enough?

Everyone is hungry. At least once a day. It has been that way for eons..or long before food stamps. Nope, food stamps showed up only after government started collecting income taxes.

First Food Stamp Program (FSP) (May 16, 1939 – Spring 1943)
Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Of course, the argument could be made that it is a hidden subsidy to farmers because it is administered by the Department of Agriculture. They have to do something with all the cheese they buy.

Only the government could invent that petroleum by product called 'processed cheese'. Yuck!

????? no it didnt, it started because of WW2, the goverment found out how under weight the new recruits were.

It's a common enough misconception, endorsed by so much of the empty calorie news you must consume to believe it, but the fat = nutritionally healthy myth was put to rest some time ago. Poor people are fat because fatty foods are cheap. It really is that simple, but there is more, too. Americans as a whole are fat because the FDA is toothless, because our milk is laden with HGH at the embryo of our milk cows, our chickens, our pork, and our cattle. It is going to get worse, as Monsato et al gained so grandly in the law recently passed (as a poison [pun VERY much intended] pill into an economic bill) that allowed them to introduce ANYFUCKINGTHING they pleased into our seed stock without so much as warning label.

When it starts effecting you, in whatever random ways it will, remember that YOU asked for it too, mutherfucker.

Forum List

Back