If 1 out of every 5 households is on foodstamps, what is causing it?

Don't worry, the governments budget indicates they will be reducing the number of people getting food stamps in 2014.

I'll give +rep to the first who can answer this question correctly.

hint: assume the employment rate of all households is 92.3% since national unemployment is at 7.7%.

A combination of high unemployment, high underemployment and low wages.

Note the median incomes of working families in the lower two quintiles (50 million households) are BELOW $20,259 a year?

Household income in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Data All households Lowest fifth Second fifth Middle fifth Fourth fifth Highest fifth Top 5%

Households (in 1000s) 121,084 24,217 24,217.... 24,217 24,217 24,217 6,057

Lower limit ................. $0....... $0... $20,260..... $38,515..... $62,434... $101,577... $186,000

Mean number of income earners 1.3 0.4 0.9 1.3 1.7 2.0 2.1

Now are you STILL wondering why so many people depend on Food suppliment to keep[ going?

Another element to the equation is, why are prices so high? (Hint: the answer is not as simple as "corporate greed".)

So, the right screams bloody murder about abortion and free contraceptives and then criticizes a woman with 15 kids she can't afford to feed without government assistance?

Yeah...

The taxpayers didn't ask for this woman to give birth to 15 kids...She did the deed, now she should just accept responsibility and stop sucking on the government Teet.

Gee, maybe some family planning from an outfit like Planned Parenthood could have helped along the way.

Maybe $10 for 15 condoms could have helped.. you know, paid for from 2 hours of work at a minimum wage job

So, the right screams bloody murder about abortion and free contraceptives and then criticizes a woman with 15 kids she can't afford to feed without government assistance?

Yeah, that makes perfect sense...

Yeah. Maybe she should have considered her inability to feed her litter before spitting them out.

Gotta love it.

This is classic.

Classically true. 15 kids! You don't consider that just a tad excessive? Do you think if this breeder bitch had to actually be responsible for what she spawned that she would have had this many?

Redistribution of wealth.

Close enough.

It's because wages are too low.
lots of People working 40 hours a week on minimum wage can't cover all their expenses.

http://www.workingpoorfamilies.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Winter-2012_2013-WPFP-Data-Brief.pdf

Then they should work 80 or 100 or whatever they need

Not demanding that the government force others to pay more and more for a fucking job anyone can fucking do... you know, a non-skill that is not hard to come by

Idiot

Yeah...

The taxpayers didn't ask for this woman to give birth to 15 kids...She did the deed, now she should just accept responsibility and stop sucking on the government Teet.

There is the main point. The entitlement society coincides with the victim mentality, blame others for their lack of personal responsibility. A responsible person would not have children until financially stable, let alone 15. There is a complete lack of personal responsibility for ones actions. America used to be about self reliance. Government assistance was meant to be a temporary help to get a person back on their feet. Not a goddamn way of life.

Now those 15 kids will grow up with that same mentality and be wards of the state.

Financially they are wards of the state. Unfortunately, momma still holds the controlling interest in their social upbringing, which means she will indoctrinate the next generation of useless eaters.

Expanding the criteria necessary to qualify for food stamps coupled with aggressive recruitment.

Gee, maybe some family planning from an outfit like Planned Parenthood could have helped along the way.

Maybe $10 for 15 condoms could have helped.. you know, paid for from 2 hours of work at a minimum wage job

Especially since we know by now that the application of condoms is a top educational priority in public school curricula

Declining wages.

That's exactly right. Or, stagnant wages not keeping up with inflation.

I recently was interviewing for a new job and kept getting offered what I was making in the early 90s and that's pretty standard.

That's because we are now producing mass quantities of new money, it has weakened the dollar. We need to get our budget under control and reduce the debt and quit printing money to reduce the debt.

The entitlement mentality hit this country with a vengeance on Jan 20, 2009.

People in the military use food stamps at twice the rate of the civilian population. Do you think they have an entitlement mentality?

Military and food stamps - The Newnan Times-Herald

That's a fucking shame and a travesty.

Yes and notice how my post was pretty much ignored because it's easier to push the meme of "people who are on food stamps are lazy, shiftless, self entitled welfare queens" when that is simply not true. The people who serve our country in uniform and whose families sacrifice so they can do so should be able to earn a living wage and should not be on food stamps.

Did the truth hurt your peanut sized brain? I posted FACTS that the people who serve this country in uniform are receiving food stamps at a higher rate than the general population. Do you have something to dispute that or add to the conversation, fool? It was bullshit and cowardly to ding me because YOU can't handle the truth.

The increase of such programs by Americans was caused by the fiscal policies of 1994 to 2006, leading to the Great Recession.

Look very hard at those who victimize the victims, and you will find the culprits.

Did the truth hurt your peanut sized brain? I posted FACTS that the people who serve this country in uniform are receiving food stamps at a higher rate than the general population. Do you have something to dispute that or add to the conversation, fool? It was bullshit and cowardly to ding me because YOU can't handle the truth.

No.. you posted an opinion piece based on incomplete information

The majority of low income soldiers are soldiers E-3 and below.. and the single ones generally are on chow hall feed... the married ones generally have a little thing called BAQ and separate 'rats' (or at least it is what it WAS called)...

Now, some of lower rank DO qualify for things like WIC, which is a shame... but the majority of those soldiers FAMILIES that received things like food stamps were the broken families.. the non-working ex-wife not getting much in child support and then going after assistance

But unless you actually KNOW how food and compensation is done in the military, perhaps you should shut up and not rely on opinion pieces until you educate yourself on the subject

Idiot

Opinion... not fact.. poll, not complete statistic

You know.. those of us who actually served remember things like CHOW HALLS AND SEPARATE 'RATS'

Idiot

*sigh* - next time do your goddamned homework, fool.

Hardest Hit by Proposed Food Stamp Cuts? Veterans and Active Military | Veterans Today

Military Food Stamp Program

Yes Some Military Families Get Food Stamps?Stop The Judgement?Also A Resource for Help for Military Families Who May Need Assistance. | Army Wife 101

I did my homework, FOOL, as I actually served and know the system.... and currently live right by one of the installations I served at and deal with the soldiers ALL THE TIME.. plus my wife who handled admin duties at the fort until very recently

And oh... "In a report issued on Monday, the Huffington Post " gets no credibility

Opinion... not fact.. poll, not complete statistic

You know.. those of us who actually served remember things like CHOW HALLS AND SEPARATE 'RATS'

Idiot

*sigh* - next time do your goddamned homework, fool.

Hardest Hit by Proposed Food Stamp Cuts? Veterans and Active Military | Veterans Today

Military Food Stamp Program

Yes Some Military Families Get Food Stamps?Stop The Judgement?Also A Resource for Help for Military Families Who May Need Assistance. | Army Wife 101

I did my homework, FOOL, as I actually served and know the system.... and currently live right by one of the installations I served at and deal with the soldiers ALL THE TIME.. plus my wife who handled admin duties at the fort until very recently

And oh... "In a report issued on Monday, the Huffington Post " gets no credibility

Oh okay. You're right and no one in the military gets assistance because you say so no matter what sources say otherwise. Got it. :blahblah:

Forum List

Back