If 1 out of every 5 households is on foodstamps, what is causing it?

A. The national unemployment rate is probably closer to 10% since the official rate only counts people in a government unemployment system.

B. There is no connection between employment rates and food stamps; the connection is between income and regulatory requirements.

C. The labor participation rate is 63% among all and down to about 80% of 25-45 years old folks in their prime working years.

D. Social engineering driven by corporate welfare hounds and executed by both parties (see my compelling analysis of Reagan's enthusiasm for EITC in the RINO thread) but reported as mostly a Democrat item, has created a semi-permanent class of throw-away labor.

Last edited:
Is it that Obama's economic theory of redistribution and class envy has a 100% Guaranteed fail rate?

Dont know. Before we moved, I was not working much, but the Wife was. She made $13.and change an hour and paid for our bennies to. All her dough went to rent and utility's. Food was our issue. I sucked up my pride and applied fore SNAP in Texas. We were approved for $9.00. I went and bought a bunch of Ramen noodles, hot dogs and hot dog buns, packed up and came here. I dont know if that's what other folks are getting, but I just cant imagine they are getting to much.

Republican leaning counties with poor education levels eat up most of the food stamp growth.

I'll give +rep to the first who can answer this question correctly.

hint: assume the employment rate of all households is 92.3% since national unemployment is at 7.7%.

you must have missed it..

pelosi says having more people on food stamps and unemployment is GOOD for the economy. You know, the biggest bang for the bucks!

or votes that is.

A. Pub Great World Recession and mindless obstruction of Obama recovery.

B. Pub ruin of the nonrich and the country over 30 years. How can this not be obvious. DUH.

Whatever is causing it, it's nothing that bodes well for the state of America into this Administrations 2nd term. Most are out of Hope and spent all their Change. Vilifying the wealthy through class warfare won't solve O'bummers horrible economic policy. The rich keep me employed, and I won't bite the hand that feeds me.
It's O'bummers economy now. Can't blame Bush anymore.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mP-JY-75hFA]Mother of 15, on welfare, says "Somebody Needs to Pay for all my Children" (.mp4) - YouTube[/ame]​

This woman says "someone needs to be accountable, someone needs to pay."

So, the right screams bloody murder about abortion and free contraceptives and then criticizes a woman with 15 kids she can't afford to feed without government assistance?

Yeah, that makes perfect sense...

Obama legacy will be forever tied to food stamps, welfare and a weak economy. Food stamps will be to Obama what Hoovervilles were to Hoover (of course).

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bg98BvqUvCc]OBAMA'S GONNA PAY FOR MY GAS... - YouTube[/ame]​

And of course, who can forget this woman? I guess Obama made to many promises of entitlement.

So, the right screams bloody murder about abortion and free contraceptives and then criticizes a woman with 15 kids she can't afford to feed without government assistance?

Yeah...

The taxpayers didn't ask for this woman to give birth to 15 kids...She did the deed, now she should just accept responsibility and stop sucking on the government Teet.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
Absentee baby daddy's, illegal immigrants, lack of ambition, a system which would rather give out handouts than make people self sufficient, and a precedent which dictates more kids, more freebies. There are many more, but those are the big ones.

People should get help when they need it and don't have any other options. Sad that many go straight to government rather than explore the other options for improving their lives.

There are so many government food assistance programs on top of the free breakfasts and school lunches. Remember when parents admitted that their children were eating twice in the morning? Perhaps that explains some other troubling statistics-

1 in 3 adults obese, 1 in 5 children overweight
CDC: 1 in 3 adults is obese | Fox News

Yeah...

The taxpayers didn't ask for this woman to give birth to 15 kids...She did the deed, now she should just accept responsibility and stop sucking on the government Teet.

Gee, maybe some family planning from an outfit like Planned Parenthood could have helped along the way.

Yeah...

Gee, maybe some family planning from an outfit like Planned Parenthood could have helped along the way.

Who stopped her from going to Planned Parenthood? She chose to live on welfare.

Yeah...

Well, Planned Parenthood has been around for years, so I guess they weren't effective. Schools have been teaching sex ed and even giving away free condoms. Walmart has discount birth control pills.

Any woman without means who opts to keep getting pregnant (her CHOICE) is either a complete idiot or just well aware of how our fucked up system operates.

Forum List

Back