If a recession is 2 consecutive quarters of negative GDP growth,we started the Biden recession yesterday, -1.4% in Q1 and -2.1% in Q2.

A lie is a lie no matter the results. Claiming something you know you can't prove is a lie.
No, it is unproven.
Lie: say something that knowingly isn't true.
That is not the same as not being able to prove it.

No, I said a recession was "going to happen", you said it was happening....before the actual data came out.
What matters is not what anybody said here, but that after Trump left us with good GDP scores, and Biden rode on that for over a year, his anti-fossil fuel idiocy has finally hit the fan, and we are seeing the results - a recession.

You lie by pretending that I’m talking about biological sex when I was clearly talking about gender identity in which I also clarified yet you continue to pretend that I was talking about biological sex.

So a guy can identify has having given birth? Inner-estin

NBER is American and has been around for over 100 years. So what’s this “all of a sudden” talk. And why haven't you address the points they make in their definition?
Their definition is the same as a recession being 2 consecutive quarters of negative GDP growth.

"a recurring period of decline in total output, income, employment, and trade, usually lasting from six months to a year, and marked by widespread contractions in many sectors of the economy."

,,,,for those who may be economics challenged, 2 quarters is 6 months.

Once again those critical thinking skills has your pea brain befuddled.

Quote my lie, Simp.
Everybody here should quit yammering about lying, and get on the TOPIC of the BIDEN RECESSION. The RECEDING downward of GDP growth.

Their definition is the same as a recession being 2 consecutive quarters of negative GDP growth.

"a recurring period of decline in total output, income, employment, and trade, usually lasting from six months to a year, and marked by widespread contractions in many sectors of the economy."

A committee within the National Bureau of Economic Research (NBER), a nonprofit research organization that’s not affiliated with the federal government, determines when the U.S. economy has entered into a recession.
A recession is defined by the NBER as a “significant decline in economic activity spread across the economy, lasting more than a few months.” The organization takes into account many factors, including GDP, real income, employment, industrial production, and consumer spending, in its determination.
Though people often cite two consecutive quarters of GDP decline as the definition of a recession, and countries like Great Britain use this designation, it is not an “official designation” in the U.S., according to the Bureau of Economic Analysis, an independent, federal statistical agency.

Quote my false statement, Simp. :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301:

On Tuesday, the 28th, two days before the BEA publicly announced second quarter GDP, you declared it was negative...

"Quick question: Are we in a recession now that we have 2 consecutive quarters of negative GDP?"

Claiming something you know you can't prove is a lie.

1. I provided the definition of a lie and that ain't in it, Simp.

2. What I said was proven to be 100% correct.

That by chance, it turned out that way, doesn't mean you didn't lie by expressing something not known at the time you said it.

Man, you really love getting your ass kicked, dontcha?

LOL

Wishes the forum's glutton for punishment.

A committee within the National Bureau of Economic Research (NBER), a nonprofit research organization that’s not affiliated with the federal government, determines when the U.S. economy has entered into a recession.
A recession is defined by the NBER as a “significant decline in economic activity spread across the economy, lasting more than a few months.” The organization takes into account many factors, including GDP, real income, employment, industrial production, and consumer spending, in its determination.
Though people often cite two consecutive quarters of GDP decline as the definition of a recession, and countries like Great Britain use this designation, it is not an “official designation” in the U.S., according to the Bureau of Economic Analysis, an independent, federal statistical agency.
All you did, after quoting my post, is REPEAT the exact same words that I posted in my post, that you quoted. Nothing is changed .

As I said the NBER's definition of recession is the same as 2 (or more) consecutive quarters of RECEDING (reducing) GDP #s. So by their definition, we're in a recession, and if one is adept at handling the English language, all they need is a dictionary (not the NBER) to define recession (the act of receding).

recession​

noun (1)

re·ces·sion | \ ri-ˈse-shən \

Definition of recession

(Entry 1 of 2)
1: the act or action of receding : WITHDRAWAL

Last edited:

LOLOLOL

Yeah, that economics challenged poster would be Nostra, the forum jester who actually thought 2 quarters equaled 8 months...

WTF? You really do suck at math, Simp.

A quarter and a half is 6 months.

Let me help you out, Punk.

1 Quarter = 4 months
Half a quarter = 2 months.

Here is where it gets tricky for a Simp like you: 4 +2 = 6 months.

Holy shit you are stupid.

embarrassed-gif.489110

Forum List

Back