If a recession is 2 consecutive quarters of negative GDP growth,we started the Biden recession yesterday, -1.4% in Q1 and -2.1% in Q2.

Then it's odd how you once referred to the 2001 recession, which didn't have 2 consecutive quarters of negative growth, as a recession. If not the NBER, who were you citing, lying GayShortBus?
Link….thanks

Just cause you’re trans don’t take it out on me, Fido.

NBER is American and has been around for over 100 years. So what’s this “all of a sudden” talk. And why haven't you address the points they make in their definition?
It’s a body made up of 8 economists and even they are leaning toward calling this a recession. Read the the WSJ and educate yourself.

It’s a body made up of 8 economists and even they are leaning toward calling this a recession. Read the the WSJ and educate yourself.
I’ve never taken issue with calling this a recession. I’m not an economist. My first reply in this thread was acknowledging that this could very well be called a recession. I simply asked questions about what criteria was being considered because it don’t make sense to me to simply use only the GDP criteria… especially given we are coming off a 4 trillion stimulus injection. No way we could sustain production numbers following a reopening and stimulus. Seems obvious that we were in for a couple very large quarters and then a rebalancing. You didn’t see that coming?

Have we ever had two consecutive quarters of negative GDP that wasn’t called a recession?

Asking for a friend.

Are you such a partisan hack

R.93a5db013f6570f8dacb77cb736c5f2d

I’ve never taken issue with calling this a recession. I’m not an economist. My first reply in this thread was acknowledging that this could very well be called a recession. I simply asked questions about what criteria was being considered because it don’t make sense to me to simply use only the GDP criteria… especially given we are coming off a 4 trillion stimulus injection. No way we could sustain production numbers following a reopening and stimulus. Seems obvious that we were in for a couple very large quarters and then a rebalancing. You didn’t see that coming?
If Biden didn’t go green like a moron we would have been fine.

Forum List

Back