If Democrats steal the next election I will stock up on toilet paper, bottled water and cans of stew...

Then why are you asking? White racism is a mental disorder and for people to actually believe that blacks are happy facing white racism is a prime example of the disorder.
Where is that delineated in the DSM V?

You do know that those 'Best By' dates are basically guidelines right? Most foods, with the possible exception of milk, will last well beyond those dates and still be perfectly good to eat. Though I wouldn't go 22 years beyond the date though.

Besides, if you ate 'expired' food at someone else's home, you wouldn't know it unless you helped prepare it

I know stuff is probably okay but I just can't get past the date thing...if I'm at a family member's house and say I'm using salad dressing I'm for sure going to check the date. LOL, my sister-in-law is the same way along with my son. If he's at grandma's and she gives him a glass of milk the 1st thing he'll say is what the expiration date. :auiqs.jpg: I', really bad with wasting food like vegetables and fruits, if they look flawed I'll toss them. I am honestly trying to work on that.

I know stuff is probably okay but I just can't get past the date thing...if I'm at a family member's house and say I'm using salad dressing I'm for sure going to check the date. LOL, my sister-in-law is the same way along with my son. If he's at grandma's and she gives him a glass of milk the 1st thing he'll say is what the expiration date. :auiqs.jpg: I', really bad with wasting food like vegetables and fruits, if they look flawed I'll toss them. I am honestly trying to work on that.

Milk is usually a dead give away. It starts smelling sour before it clabbers. Other dairy items can be fine even months after the expiration date. Things like yogurt, cheeses and sour cream......the acids and enzymes and whatnot are what keep it fresher longer if unopened. Of course once you've opened the pkg, the clock starts ticking at a faster rate than if it was fresh. Though other signs of spoilage are the indicator, like mold. And YES you can still eat it after taking away the mold as long as the mold has not gotten all thru it. A little spot of mold on cheese can be cut off, a bit of mold on sour cream or yogurt can be scraped off as long as the rest of it looks and smells fine.......though it may have a stronger but not bad taste to it.

Fruits and veggies.....just cut off any bad spots. Often leafy veggies, like lettuce & spinach should be stored with the core, stem or root, if attached, in some water in the fridge or on the counter in a cool room. Same goes for like green onions or radishes with tops and roots. Bagged greens do not.

Stuff like salad dressings in see thru bottles or containers can change color (get darker) over time, especially if dairy based like Ranch, Tartar sauce, Mayo, etc

The biggest problems with metal canned foods from the store are if they are bulging......DO NOT EAT even if within the expiration date. Is a sign of built up gasses within the can and probably due to some type of bacteria OR a storage failure. Also, high acid foods can become inedible faster than others as the acid eats at the metal container and therefore effects the food inside.........like any tomato product

The biggest and worst enemies of any foods have to do with temperature, temperature fluctuations, moisture, acidity, oxygen and light depending on what it is.

Your best bet when deciding if it's still good or not.......is your nose. Smell is usually the first give away

Forum List

Back