If Democrats Win House, What Damage Can They Really Do ?

Oh FUCK your open borders bullshit. We do NOT have open borders & certainly a 40 foot wall will not change anything.

The caravan has been addressed.. We have dealt with caravans before.
How is it "addressed" when it hasn't even arrived yet ?

Here we glo again. Fear mongering by the ignorant fucks, illegals can't vote.
HA HA. You don't show a shred of evidence for that ludicrous claim, which has no credibility, whatsoever. In contrast, in USMB, I've posted links to many proofs of illegal voting.

A recent article in the Associated Press said this >> "Should Democrats win control of the House, as strategists in both parties suggest is likely, they could derail Trump's legislative agenda for the next two years." Well, that my be true, but an enormous amount of legislation has already been passed by the Republican Congress and Trump, which Democrats have no ability to do anything about.

Trumps tax cuts can't be altered, Muslim ban already enacted into law (upheld by the Supreme Court), almost 100 Conservative judges have been appointed, Iran deal decertified, deregulation already has occurred (and bolstered the economy), corporate tax already reduced significantly, unfair trade imbalances have been smashed, economy improved immensely due to Trump reforms, 2 conservative SCOTUS judges already appointed, $200 Million in aid to Palestinians already cut off, $300 Million to Pakistan already cut, America now world's largest oil producer, pipelines are flowing, US embassy moved to Jerusalem, first woman head of CIA, action taken to fight opioids, Obamacare individual mandate scrapped, prisoners from North Korea returned home, eliminated funding for Syrian rebels, "knocked the hell out of ISIS", 800 Obama regualtions cut (saving $200 Billion), Cut white House budget (saving $22 Million), $285 Million cut from bloated UN budget,...……..this paragraph could go on and on to 20 times the size it is.

So sure, if Democrats take back the House they can stop Republican progress, but so much has already been done it is mind-boggling. For the past 2 years, the Don has been a very busy boy, and has already MADE America great again, of which the Democrats can do little or nothing about.

The AP article also says >> "Perhaps more importantly, they would also win subpoena power to investigate the president's many personal and professional missteps." More importantly ? Really ? Like the Russian collusion hoax that sputtered out to nothing and made a fool out of Robert Mueller ? Investigate ? Like all the accusations against Justice Kavanaugh that went nowhere ? Like the DNC's Muslim gold star father, Khizir Khan, who is all but in hiding, after he was exposed as a shill fraud immigration lawyer with a vested interest, plus had Muslim Brotherhood and Clinton Foundation connections ? Like all these laughingstock investigations, and attacks against Trump, while his approval ratings keep rising with each and every attack.

I suppose the Democrats could stop some stuff in 2019 and 2020, but the reality is, this might be a political war that has already been won by Trump and conservatives.
I think this is a good thread, because I considered starting a similar one myself. LOL

I don't think the dems taking the House really means much to the Trump agenda, beyond the fact that we will FINALLY see investigations. I'm no Clinton fan but for Russia to hack an election and not have congress fully investigate with subpoenas and hearings and a report .... that should be publicized. And yeah Obama tried to cover up Benghazi being a terror attack. I really don't know what ties, if any, there are directly between Trump and the KGB hacking.

But Trump was NOT the architect of either GOP tax cut. McConnell is a very skilled and amoral senator, but his political instincts as to populism suck. And so do the tax cuts, in terms of good economic policy. Trump was ALWAYS about cutting taxes for his supporters and raising taxes on the elites they hate. Say what you will about Trump, but he knows his audience and what moves them. Ryan and McConnell were on the verge of majorities as far as you can see, and it appears the dems will take the House and despite the population shifts from Jesus land and the redding of flyover territory, the senate may be in play in 20.

I'm not sure if Trump ever had any real view on HC. He was for single payer at one time. But I doubt he thought taking people's HC away was a political winner.

Trump's agenda on immigration and race, and the gop establishment, and our foreign alliances (both pro Israel and nay on western Europe), and trade especially with China will go on as before. And not all of that is a bad thing, imo.

A recent article in the Associated Press said this >> "Should Democrats win control of the House, as strategists in both parties suggest is likely, they could derail Trump's legislative agenda for the next two years." Well, that my be true, but an enormous amount of legislation has already been passed by the Republican Congress and Trump, which Democrats have no ability to do anything about.

Trumps tax cuts can't be altered, Muslim ban already enacted into law (upheld by the Supreme Court), almost 100 Conservative judges have been appointed, Iran deal decertified, deregulation already has occurred (and bolstered the economy), corporate tax already reduced significantly, unfair trade imbalances have been smashed, economy improved immensely due to Trump reforms, 2 conservative SCOTUS judges already appointed, $200 Million in aid to Palestinians already cut off, $300 Million to Pakistan already cut, America now world's largest oil producer, pipelines are flowing, US embassy moved to Jerusalem, first woman head of CIA, action taken to fight opioids, Obamacare individual mandate scrapped, prisoners from North Korea returned home, eliminated funding for Syrian rebels, "knocked the hell out of ISIS", 800 Obama regualtions cut (saving $200 Billion), Cut white House budget (saving $22 Million), $285 Million cut from bloated UN budget,...……..this paragraph could go on and on to 20 times the size it is.

So sure, if Democrats take back the House they can stop Republican progress, but so much has already been done it is mind-boggling. For the past 2 years, the Don has been a very busy boy, and has already MADE America great again, of which the Democrats can do little or nothing about.

The AP article also says >> "Perhaps more importantly, they would also win subpoena power to investigate the president's many personal and professional missteps." More importantly ? Really ? Like the Russian collusion hoax that sputtered out to nothing and made a fool out of Robert Mueller ? Investigate ? Like all the accusations against Justice Kavanaugh that went nowhere ? Like the DNC's Muslim gold star father, Khizir Khan, who is all but in hiding, after he was exposed as a shill fraud immigration lawyer with a vested interest, plus had Muslim Brotherhood and Clinton Foundation connections ? Like all these laughingstock investigations, and attacks against Trump, while his approval ratings keep rising with each and every attack.

I suppose the Democrats could stop some stuff in 2019 and 2020, but the reality is, this might be a political war that has already been won by Trump and conservatives.

They can't stop much...if they vote for things that kill the economy...like tax increases...then they've shot themselves in the foot because they'll lose their asses in the 2012 elections. Besides, Trump has precedence from Barack Obama to govern with a "pen and phone" doing an end around a Democratically controlled House with Executive Orders!

I think this is a good thread, because I considered starting a similar one myself. LOL

I don't think the dems taking the House really means much to the Trump agenda, beyond the fact that we will FINALLY see investigations. I'm no Clinton fan but for Russia to hack an election and not have congress fully investigate with subpoenas and hearings and a report .... that should be publicized. And yeah Obama tried to cover up Benghazi being a terror attack. I really don't know what ties, if any, there are directly between Trump and the KGB hacking.

But Trump was NOT the architect of either GOP tax cut. McConnell is a very skilled and amoral senator, but his political instincts as to populism suck. And so do the tax cuts, in terms of good economic policy. Trump was ALWAYS about cutting taxes for his supporters and raising taxes on the elites they hate. Say what you will about Trump, but he knows his audience and what moves them. Ryan and McConnell were on the verge of majorities as far as you can see, and it appears the dems will take the House and despite the population shifts from Jesus land and the redding of flyover territory, the senate may be in play in 20.

I'm not sure if Trump ever had any real view on HC. He was for single payer at one time. But I doubt he thought taking people's HC away was a political winner.

Trump's agenda on immigration and race, and the gop establishment, and our foreign alliances (both pro Israel and nay on western Europe), and trade especially with China will go on as before. And not all of that is a bad thing, imo.

Why pray tell are the tax cuts not good economic policy, Ben? Did we lose revenue? It actually increased. Did it do bad things to the economy? The stock market? Quite frankly, you're going to have to come up with a very compelling reason why you think Washington deserves more of our incomes. I'm hoping that one of the next things on Trump's agenda is to cut spending by the Federal Government. It's about time someone held Government's feet to the fire and got them to get rid of all the waste. God knows the "Old Boys Network" hasn't wanted to do it for the past hundred years!

Why pray tell are the tax cuts not good economic policy, Ben? Did we lose revenue? It actually increased. Did it do bad things to the economy? The stock market? Quite frankly, you're going to have to come up with a very compelling reason why you think Washington deserves more of our incomes. I'm hoping that one of the next things on Trump's agenda is to cut spending by the Federal Government. It's about time someone held Government's feet to the fire and got them to get rid of all the waste. God knows the "Old Boys Network" hasn't wanted to do it for the past hundred years!
I'm not participating in hijacking the thread. Start your own.

Wrong. If Democrats win control of the House, it’s the further damage that they can prevent.

Democratic control of the House would place a much needed check on the failed, reckless, and irresponsible Trump/GOP agenda.

There will be nothing Democrats can do to address the damage Trump has already done, of course.
You mean THIS "damage" ? :biggrin:

1. Brought GDP growth up > from 1.8% to 4.2%

united-states-gdp-growth.png

2. Lowered unemployment from 4.8% to 3.7%

united-states-unemployment-rate.png

3. Lowest black unemployment EVER (5.7%)

4. Lowest Hispanic unemployment EVER (4.6%)

5. Highest Median income EVER ($61,372/year)

6. US homebuilding permits soar to highest level since 2007.

7. US manufacturing having best year since 2004

8. Welfare participation at 17 year low.

9. More Americans working than EVER before.

10. ISIS chased out of Raqqa and Mosul - much weakened

Donald J. Trump's Accomplishment's List | MAGA PILL

Last edited:

I'm not participating in hijacking the thread. Start your own.

So my responding to the points that YOU raised is me "hijacking" the thread? Gotta love it...

All the Democrats can do is make a lot of noise and do their best to see that Trump is not elected in 2020. Make no mistake; that will be at the top of their agenda. And don't forget, they will have the full support of the non-Fox Media in the effort.

So expect various House committees to launch a never ending series of investigations and hearings into everything from Trump's tax returns to Kavanaugh's high school sex life to Melania's wardrobe.

And they will propose feel-good legislation ("FREE STUFF FOR EVERYBODY!" knowing that the Republicans will prevent it from ever getting passed, but using those votes and tactics as weapons against the Republicans in 2020.

For example, Liz Warren has drafted a law that will give billions to people in impoverished areas, so that they can have a down payment to buy their first home. The law will go nowhere, but those who vote against it will be excoriated as racist and not caring about The Poor.
They will be just the same as now trying of overthrow the Nation and will put into law the normal Socialist laws as when they had control. Never fear you saw the real face of the Progressives and the hate that they have. They are not a very honest people so they just can not be trusted. I will way there are a few but they are not in control of the Party.

All the Democrats can do is make a lot of noise and do their best to see that Trump is not elected in 2020. Make no mistake; that will be at the top of their agenda. And don't forget, they will have the full support of the non-Fox Media in the effort.

So expect various House committees to launch a never ending series of investigations and hearings into everything from Trump's tax returns to Kavanaugh's high school sex life to Melania's wardrobe.

And they will propose feel-good legislation ("FREE STUFF FOR EVERYBODY!" knowing that the Republicans will prevent it from ever getting passed, but using those votes and tactics as weapons against the Republicans in 2020.

For example, Liz Warren has drafted a law that will give billions to people in impoverished areas, so that they can have a down payment to buy their first home. The law will go nowhere, but those who vote against it will be excoriated as racist and not caring about The Poor.
They will be just the same as now trying of overthrow the Nation and will put into law the normal Socialist laws as when they had control. Never fear you saw the real face of the Progressives and the hate that they have. They are not a very honest people so they just can not be trusted. I will say there are a few but they are not in control of the Party.

They will be just the same as now trying of overthrow the Nation and will put into law the normal Socialist laws as when they had control. Never fear you saw the real face of the Progressives and the hate that they have. They are not a very honest people so they just can not be trusted. I will say there are a few but they are not in control of the Party.

Fuking nut. Tax cuts for billionaires are the REAL "robber barons". Everyone knows that.
How about Billions$$ paid out to foreigners in welfare ?

And 138 $ Billion/year robbed from US businesses, by immigrants' remittances$$$ ?

Except it will never happen. Republicans already created way more debt just to give tax cuts to billionaires.
Mitch McConnell already next on the agenda, to pay for billionaire tax cuts, is to cut Medicare, Medicaid and Social Security.
The GOP's way to help the elderly and the disabled is to serve up cat food.
That might be McConnell's way. It's not the Republicans' way. McConnell has a sure seat in the Senate. Most Congressional Republicans and Trump don't. They depend on the voters, a large % of whom are seniors, who need Social Security and Medicare.

Only a complete idiot in politics votes to cut Social Security and Medicare, the 3rd rail of politics. GOP has had both houses + the White House for 2 years. Social Security and Medicare still well intact.

So where is it. It has been two years. No major legislation other than handing money to rich people.

We borrowed 1.5 trillion to do that.

'So how will it be funded? The Republican way??? Just spend it & add it to the tab?
Maybe it would have if the Democrats hadn't clogged up political progress with their moronic schemes (Russian collusion, Kavanaugh accusations, Stormy Daniels, etc)

And the OP already showed how it could be funded. Did you read it ?

Not much. They'll screech Impeachment 24/7, and most Americans will tune em out. Trump will do what recent past Presidents have done. He'll rule by Executive Order. He doesn't need the House, to rule. I'm not saying i agree with that, but that is the current state of things. He'll do fine without the House.

Omnipotent moral busybodies - Republicans who support an adulterer who r@wd0gs porn stars and who hates gays, women's right and minorities. The very definition of "Omnipotent moral busybodies".
Trump doesn't hate women's rights or minorities, and has done more for them than any previous POTUS. If he hates gays, good. So do I.

If republicans lose the House as is likely, it becomes clear that what you call progress is not what voters call it.

Forum List

Back