If God Doesn’t Exist

The same can’t be said about science. Science relies on a hypothesis, testing and evaluation of evidence to reach conclusions. Accepting culturally appropriate gods due to tradition and because those are the gods you inherited is like wearing a hand-me-down wardrobe.
As you know, the same can (and has everyday) been said about science. Different theories abound, are then discredited, or credited, and the next step continues. Who is accepting culturally appropriate gods? Is that what you did, so you have concluded everyone does this? Even people of the same denomination take different paths, test them, reach different conclusions. Let's stop moving the goal posts. The question was did you custom assemble God, decide everyone else did the same thing, and when the God you custom assembled did not pan out, no God pans out?

Did you custom assemble God?
I have no reason to assemble any gods. I take the default position of being a materialist and proceed on the basis that supernaturalism is an obstacle to reason and rationality.
Actually if DNA wrote itself out of nothing this would be more supernatural than God doing the same as God has the intelligence to do such things
^^^^ god jr. has delivered his message.
The power of creation always was in my hands...................So yea pretty much

In your case however all you do is talk nonsense

The same can’t be said about science. Science relies on a hypothesis, testing and evaluation of evidence to reach conclusions. Accepting culturally appropriate gods due to tradition and because those are the gods you inherited is like wearing a hand-me-down wardrobe.
As you know, the same can (and has everyday) been said about science. Different theories abound, are then discredited, or credited, and the next step continues. Who is accepting culturally appropriate gods? Is that what you did, so you have concluded everyone does this? Even people of the same denomination take different paths, test them, reach different conclusions. Let's stop moving the goal posts. The question was did you custom assemble God, decide everyone else did the same thing, and when the God you custom assembled did not pan out, no God pans out?

I have no reason to assemble any gods. I take the default position of being a materialist and proceed on the basis that supernaturalism is an obstacle to reason and rationality.
Actually if DNA wrote itself out of nothing this would be more supernatural than God doing the same as God has the intelligence to do such things
The power of creation always was in my hands...................So yea pretty much

^^^ god jr. is getting angry.

^^^ god jr. is getting angry.
LOL does the town turd have the name of the species that she claims were observed speciating yet?

Make up some more blithering babbles

Yawning

"If God doesn’t exist, there’s also no objective standard for labeling an action—such as murder—wrong. If we’re all just the product of blind, purposeless forces, morality is just an opinion. Unless there is a higher-than-human moral authority, no one has a basis for claiming that murder is objectively wrong."

----------------

another christian ADMITTING that he would KILL and RAPE and STEAL if he never heard of god!

christians; "no god? then there is NO reason not to kill people!...hooray!.....get the ropes! get the guns.....lets have some fun killing people!"

Yet another person who completely misses the point. No, no one is saying that without God people would want to run around killing people and doing bad things. We all are born with a conscience, we have an innate knowledge of right and wrong.

The point is that without God, there is no universal objective moral standard. How can there be? If humans decide what is right and wrong, then morality is entirely subjective. The morality of a monster like Jeffrey Dahmer would be no worse than the morality of a kind, compassionate, law-abiding person. And you would have no right to tell anyone else that they are doing something wrong. It makes morality / ethics entirely meaningless.

If God doesn’t exist, the universe came into existence by chance
Even if the universe came into being by probability wave, there is still a God. God is the original cause behind everything. If that cause was a probability wave, then that is God. Something caused that probability wave to exist, something created that there was a probability, and something created waves. That's God.

There is no escaping God only denying the personal aspect of Him. Athiests who deny the personal aspect and claim personality, love and intelligence came out of chance are merely accepting the Impersonal nature of God, even if they don't realize, accept or wish to say so.
Somehow, the universe was created. The most accepted scientific explanation is the Big Bang but there are others. The Big bang doesn't explain everything but it raises some very big questions, including, put crudely: 'Who pressed the button?' Scientists have tried to answer that question in some very complex ways but there is simple explanation. If you except the idea that Genesis is a parable written to explain something extremely complex to everyone regardless of their knowledge, then the Scientific and Biblical explanation may not be that far apart.

If God doesn’t exist, the universe came into existence by chance, the first living cell developed from non-living matter by chance, and all living things are the eventual product of the blind, undirected process of evolution. In such a case, human life is no more valuable than dust, and there is no basis for saying that any life matters. Only if there is an author of life who creates and imbues us with a meaning greater than our physical parts can lives actually matter, and in an equal way.

If God doesn’t exist, there’s also no objective standard for labeling an action—such as murder—wrong. If we’re all just the product of blind, purposeless forces, morality is just an opinion. Unless there is a higher-than-human moral authority, no one has a basis for claiming that murder is objectively wrong.

And finally, if God doesn’t exist, the concept of justice is meaningless because there can be no right or wrong in the first place to require justice. As C.S. Lewis famously said about his conversion to Christianity, “My argument against God was that the universe seemed so cruel and unjust. But how had I got this idea of just and unjust? A man does not call a line crooked unless he has some idea of a straight line. What was I comparing this universe with when I called it unjust?” Justice requires a standard, and there is no objective standard in a purposeless universe.

I KNOW you deranged conservative christians are completely irrational and beyond reason but....

you just accused atheists of NOT HAVING ANY MORALS because they don't believe in god (which all by itself is bullshit)
and then ADMITTED that you do NOT HAVE ANY MORALS of your own, you need to get them out of a book......

MY morals are based on logic, reason, fairness, empathy and compassion

YOURS are based on the deranged dictates of an insane deity

So if you discovered something, share it with science. Otherwise, you didn't discover squat.
Science deals with what is physical. Every time we have an emotion, a philosophy, or an insight should we run to science? Should we remain a one note people?
Emotions can be picked up by science. Philosophy is simply a bunch of opinions. An insight is something we deduce. All perfectly provable. Your invisible friend, not so much.

If God doesn’t exist, the universe came into existence by chance, the first living cell developed from non-living matter by chance, and all living things are the eventual product of the blind, undirected process of evolution. In such a case, human life is no more valuable than dust, and there is no basis for saying that any life matters. Only if there is an author of life who creates and imbues us with a meaning greater than our physical parts can lives actually matter, and in an equal way.

If God doesn’t exist, there’s also no objective standard for labeling an action—such as murder—wrong. If we’re all just the product of blind, purposeless forces, morality is just an opinion. Unless there is a higher-than-human moral authority, no one has a basis for claiming that murder is objectively wrong.

And finally, if God doesn’t exist, the concept of justice is meaningless because there can be no right or wrong in the first place to require justice. As C.S. Lewis famously said about his conversion to Christianity, “My argument against God was that the universe seemed so cruel and unjust. But how had I got this idea of just and unjust? A man does not call a line crooked unless he has some idea of a straight line. What was I comparing this universe with when I called it unjust?” Justice requires a standard, and there is no objective standard in a purposeless universe.

That's why being agnostic is the thinking person's position. We don't know either way whether a god exists or not but leave the door open in case someone finds real proof either way.
Actually thinking people see that DNA is a molecular computer code of unimaginable ability that could not from itself by itself in a dead pond because nothing does not write code
No proof that's it's your preferred invisible dude. Only a possibility.
Actually there is proof that you are there and I am here.

Grow up
That also doesn't prove your preferred invisible dude.
That's why being agnostic is the thinking person's position.
Some prefer not to sit and think, but to explore and discover.
That's what agnostic's do, I know I do, and if I ever come across any real proof either way, I'm open to changing my mind. Seems fair to me, what do you think?
You would not change your mind if God stood before you and cured your blindness. Yea I know that you have no clue that you are blind
Actually, I'm AM blind. To con jobs.

I wouldn’t accept the idea that one unthinkingly inherits the gods commonly associated with their familial / geographic location.
The same can be said about science. Or have you custom assembled your science? And then you custom assembled God so that you did not have to bother with God? Kind of like custom assembling a wardrobe so one doesn't have to bother with ironing...?
Science is manifested by consciousness, Hollie. You can't get around the human element.
Science exists without man ever discovering any of it.

That's why being agnostic is the thinking person's position. We don't know either way whether a god exists or not but leave the door open in case someone finds real proof either way.
Actually thinking people see that DNA is a molecular computer code of unimaginable ability that could not from itself by itself in a dead pond because nothing does not write code
No proof that's it's your preferred invisible dude. Only a possibility.
Actually there is proof that you are there and I am here.

Grow up
That also doesn't prove your preferred invisible dude.
That's why being agnostic is the thinking person's position.
Some prefer not to sit and think, but to explore and discover.
That's what agnostic's do, I know I do, and if I ever come across any real proof either way, I'm open to changing my mind. Seems fair to me, what do you think?
You would not change your mind if God stood before you and cured your blindness. Yea I know that you have no clue that you are blind
Actually, I'm AM blind. To con jobs.
So explain how even one line of DNA could form itself without an intelligence writing it? Keeping in mind that thousands of genes are needed for a small primordial life form.

You can't so you are implying the supernatural.

I wouldn’t accept the idea that one unthinkingly inherits the gods commonly associated with their familial / geographic location.
The same can be said about science. Or have you custom assembled your science? And then you custom assembled God so that you did not have to bother with God? Kind of like custom assembling a wardrobe so one doesn't have to bother with ironing...?
Science is manifested by consciousness, Hollie. You can't get around the human element.
Science exists without man ever discovering any of it.
Nope as science is the actions and learnings of humanity. Which is why todays science is far different than that of 500 years ago

Keep trying

There is zero evidence of any god

There is zero evidence of any god
There is zero evidence that DNA could assemble even one gene from nothing so God is a scientific prerequisite

So if you discovered something, share it with science. Otherwise, you didn't discover squat.
Science deals with what is physical. Every time we have an emotion, a philosophy, or an insight should we run to science? Should we remain a one note people?
Emotions can be picked up by science. Philosophy is simply a bunch of opinions. An insight is something we deduce. All perfectly provable. Your invisible friend, not so much.

There are things that are outside the realm of science. That is what most atheists simply don't get. Science is just ONE way of discovering truth, not the only way.

For example, logic and mathematics cannot be proven by science, because science presupposes them. Morality and ethics are also outside the realm of science. There are other things as well.

Science only explains the physical world. There is so much more than just the physical. And personally I think it's a waste of time to be so focused on ONLY the physical. You are missing out on so much more.

ETA: So trying to "prove" God's existence in the same way you'd prove something physical (via science) is like trying to hear a taste with your ears, or smell something with your eyes. It's just not the way it works.

Last edited:
On the other hand, I’ve known a lot of believers who believe because they are fearful; fearful of the unknown and fearful of making decisions because decisions carry consequences. True believers don’t tell non-believers what to believe.

Are you angry because you’re not converting anyone?
Sigh. First, I do wish you would stop projecting your own emotions onto me. Second, I have never had any wish to convert anyone, which means another projection of you wishing to convert me to atheism? If so, I am sorry you are so angry about not being able to convert me to atheism.

Now, to your first paragraph. So, a true believer told you what to believe? Considering what it appears they told you to believe to take everything in the Bible literally, no wonder you objected. I would have rebelled as well.

One thing you should consider: Since I have numerous family members who are atheist and I am perfectly comfortable with their non-belief, why in the world would I have any emotion (let alone anger) over the non-belief of a perfect stranger? I am simply curious, Hollie. I have always been curious about things relating to science and things relating to religion. Both make me very happy. While you seem to be very happy about science, you do not seem to have the same ease with spiritual beliefs. Rather than jumping to conclusions about whether you once believed or whether you never believed, I thought I would ask.

The only emotion I post with is interest. So if you think you detect an emotion, look internally, because since it is not coming from me, it must be coming from from you.

Weatherman2020 hasn't posted anything for 2 months.
Wonder what happened to him?

the word "God" has been rendered meaningless after thousands of years of man's tinkering

Forum List

Back