If God is all powerful...

I don't understand any religion that makes the suffering of life some kind of test . Either god is oblivious to human suffering or GOD is a complete and utter sadist. Perhaps Buddhists are right, there isn't a god, and life is what you make it. Could it be that simple?

Yes, it could be that simple, but probably not. Ask yourself why a God would imprison an eternal soul in a clay body and force that soul to feel hunger, pain, Thirst, etc., if not a punishment of some sort.

Its the story of the Jewish people and their struggle to remain sane in a world where they were surrounded more powerful nations filled with superstitious, irrational and violent knuckle dragging barbarians.
Wrong. The 1st eleven chapters of the Bible records the history that all nations have in common.

That is certainly not true.

Adam was not the first human being. Genesis is not a historical account of the origins of humanity the beginning of the universe or solar system.

The talking serpent shows that people were already in existence, no other creature on earth but humans speak to other humans, not to mention the fact that when the children of Adam and Eve wanted to find a mate they went to a city that was already populated.

There is no mention of the origins of those people other than by allusion when speaking of the wild beasts of the field that the Lord God had also made.

Pay attention to what you read....Did you never go to high school and take a science class? Never heard about the age of the universe, the sun or the earth? Never hear about the origin of species? Neanderthals, Denisovans?

How does all of that fit into your fantasy? Do you just walk around in a stupor every day?

Damn.

Science tells us there were human like creatures on this planet about a million years ago. Science assumes they stayed around and evolved into modern humans. I don't think that science has much evidence of that evolution.

Mathematics is an accurate science, and if you use math to reverse the doubling rate of human beings, it is very hard to get the original pair back past 6,000 years. Use any reasonable doubling rate. Science doesn't seem to have an answer to that reality.

Personally, I don't concern myself much with the Old Testament, since Christianity is mostly based on the New Testament and the Christ.

Sure but what was happening 6000 years ago? There were already many civilizations around the world in various stages of development. Thats a fact. Then the law came into the world from an otherworldly source to be like a light to the nations....Thats when God created heaven and earth, a world above and the world below, establishing through the light of the spoken law a division between clean and unclean, right and wrong, true and false, good and evil, life and death.

Take my advise. If you want to understand what Jesus meant by the nutty things he said, study the OT. Thats all that Jesus had to study. Every strange saying of his has its roots in, refers to, and was a revelation of the hidden teachings in the OT.

Last edited:
I don't understand any religion that makes the suffering of life some kind of test . Either god is oblivious to human suffering or GOD is a complete and utter sadist. Perhaps Buddhists are right, there isn't a god, and life is what you make it. Could it be that simple?
Are parents sadists when they punish their children? For example, if a child plays with fire, is the parent a sadist when they spank him?

If you're a parent, think of how amazingly difficult it is to make children understand just dangerous vs. safe. God seeks to prepare us for an eternity in a perfect heaven. People are obstinate and stupid, and deaths and suffering teach us many things. God knows how the story ends..but we do not. He knows that our suffering on this earth will fall away and be nothing compared to what is coming.

Yes, it could be that simple, but probably not. Ask yourself why a God would imprison an eternal soul in a clay body and force that soul to feel hunger, pain, Thirst, etc., if not a punishment of some sort.

Do people have children to punish them or do they hope for them to have an abundance of what is good in life?

If you feel like life is some sort of punishment perhaps you are feeling guilty about something. Do something to save your own soul, rectify whatever it is that is making you feel that way, and then maybe life won't seem so unbearable and God won't seem like such a prick.

Last edited:

What if God is real and life is what you make it? Say, for instance, God brought about everything whenever, however that occurred--feel free to dispute the specific planetary geophysics. From this beginning onward to the present, everything else that happened is either a result of physical science (geology) and all interaction of all living things with their environment. Lastly, reduce that fraction all the way down to a personal, individual level.

Viewed in that light, God is neither oblivious nor sadist because we human's--created in his image and mortal/imperfect--are solely to blame and responsible for all the bad things which have happened to us. This is a hard, bitter pill to swallow--the concept that we as race must take responsibility for us and our misery--instead of blaming God.
I sometimes ask myself, what if the thunderbird from American indigenous peoples is REAL? Maybe in some sense, its just as real as Jesus? I reflect on the works of Joseph Campbell and the power of myth, and so I don't know what else to say.

What if God is real and life is what you make it? Say, for instance, God brought about everything whenever, however that occurred--feel free to dispute the specific planetary geophysics. From this beginning onward to the present, everything else that happened is either a result of physical science (geology) and all interaction of all living things with their environment. Lastly, reduce that fraction all the way down to a personal, individual level.

Viewed in that light, God is neither oblivious nor sadist because we human's--created in his image and mortal/imperfect--are solely to blame and responsible for all the bad things which have happened to us. This is a hard, bitter pill to swallow--the concept that we as race must take responsibility for us and our misery--instead of blaming God.
I sometimes ask myself, what if the thunderbird from American indigenous peoples is REAL? Maybe in some sense, its just as real as Jesus? I reflect on the works of Joseph Campbell and the power of myth, and so I don't know what else to say.

“Your visions will become clear only when you can look into your own heart. Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes.”
~Jung

Perhaps God is as much indelibly inside us as he is an infinite expanse outside our minds?

“And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.”
~Nietzsche

Perhaps the music is there for everyone to discern, faintly playing in the background for some, clearly audible for others.

I am seeing the universe , a cold dead place that we inhabit.

Thats probably the saddest thing I have heard in a very long time. When people look out at the world they are seeing through a lens that is a refection of what is in their own mind.

You do have my condolences.

Heres something from God's mouth to your ears.

If you don't take out the trash you entire house will begin to stink, bugs will come, vermin with breed and diseases will flourish..

Do your mind a favor. If you ever hope to see peace in your life take out the trash and clean house.

Last edited:

Thats probably the saddest thing I have heard in a very long time. When people look out at the world they are seeing through a lens that is a refection of what is in their own mind.

Thank you I am weeping uncontrollably. Oh please, save your condescending bullshit. I remember a line from Nietzsche: when you look into the abyss, it looks looks back .

It's what we humans do, we dare call down the thunder. We stare back into the unblinking eye. Ain't anything there, just our souls and random happenstance and the human psyche. Sorry, kiddo.

Thank you I am weeping uncontrollably. Oh please, save your condescending bullshit. I remember a line from Nietzsche: when you look into the abyss, it looks looks back .

It's what we humans do, we dare call down the thunder. We stare back into the unblinking eye. Ain't anything there, just our souls and random happenstance and the human psyche. Sorry, kiddo.

lol...can't put that cat back in the bag darlin.

No need to apologize to me... People tend to reap what they sow. Its been that way for a very very very long time. And I am OK with that. I really don't see how that makes God a big bad meanie..sorry yourself, kiddo

You have harvested a whole lot of nothing and "inhabit a cold dark place." Your words, Own it.

Stare at nothing all you like.. Unblinking eye.. ROFLMAO

Wouldn't it be easier to go back to the drawing board? Damn...

Last edited:
Nonsense. God is there, and his children are here, and we'll be around forever. The world is a beautiful place, you just have to look and be grateful.

/----/ God doesn't answer to you, Bozo.

What a convenient retort when you can't rationally explain away your fantasies.
Well, it's accurate. Which fantasies would that be exactly, DTMB?

That you returning to the religion that you rejected in your youth, like a dog returns to their vomit, is proof that God has transformed you into something better.

Thats one mighty big fantasy.
You sure don't have much faith in God.

No, its because I have faith in God that I know that you are deluded.

No one who openly and defiantly violates the commands of God as an expression of their religious devotion is saved, or healed, or cured of anything. If scripture is true, such a deliberate sin can only result in death.

There is no way that you could have joined a herd of swine stampeding off a cliff without being broken to bits and dashed on the rocks below like the rest of them.

Last edited:
So if it was a regional flood, why would god want Noah to save animals that wouldn’t go extinct? And how can a regional flood last 40 days over mountain tops?

That would depend upon the region. Not every mountain is Mt. Everest, bub.

And it makes perfect sense that Noah would gather up breeding pairs of animals in order to re-establish the local economy when the flood subsided.

It wouldn't hurt you to educate yourself on the nature of myth in cultures where most people are not literate.
So where is the geologic evidence that the mountains in the area were once submerged for 40 days? Do you have a link to that?

And god wasn't thinking about saving the animals, but saving the economy? Is that your final answer? :biggrin:

I bet you believe that a tiny scrap of bone is all the proof you need for the Theory of Evolution.

As, according to the Bible, God gave Man dominium over the animals (which includes domesticating them to enable Man to live), it is not at all illogical to assume God would wish Man to save the animals necessary for Man's wellbeing.

My final answer is that you are an ignorant, uneducated fool, but I will give you 10 points for consistency.
So you have no proof of the flood but believe it anyways.

And "God gave Man dominium"? I've never heard of that element, you make that up?

I believe there was a worldwide flood. Every major religion that I'm aware of tells of one, even the Popol Vuh, and many old legends and myths tell of one. Even Plato had an account of a sunken city/continent.

It happened around ten thousand years ago when the mile thick ice sheets covering North America, Europe, and part of Asia, melted. Then there's the cities that are sunk in hundreds of feet of water...

The Exceptional Underwater City of Cuba: A New Theory on its Origins – Part I

Japan's Ancient Underwater "Pyramid" Mystifies Scholars

Sunken City off India Coast - 7500 B.C.

...off the coasts of Cuba, Japan, and India.

Are you going to accept my scientific proof that a flood happened at that time or do you want to tell me were all that water went?

th

*****SMILE*****

:)

When the glaciers melted after the last ice age, sea levels roses and some coastal cities went underwater, like you showed in your links. It didn't melt all at once, the ice retreated over time. So no 40 day flood from that event, and there wasn't enough water melted to cover the whole earth over the mountain tops. So no, that's not scientific proof of the biblical flood. Only proof of sea rising after the ice sheet melted. So where is the geologic evidence of a world wide flood?

No, evolution is provable and I'll show you. Have you ever been to a house built in the 18th century? The ceilings are lower, the doorways are smaller, everything is smaller because humans back then were generally smaller, you can look at their clothes to confirm. So as time goes on, humans are getting taller on average. That's called evolution. We're evolving into taller beings.

Hahahahahahaha

No.
Of course it is. Why wouldn't we be evolving into taller beings? Because we are!

But just because we built smaller houses back then is in no way proof that people were smaller.

And if people were smaller, it isn't evidence of evolution. People in Venezuela and north korea are smaller than their modern day counterparts. Because they starve from birth.

People who have fewer resources build smaller houses, also. They are easier to heat, and use fewer resources to create.

So meh, that's it for you. You're a waste of time. I thought you might have something that would recommend you...but you don't.

And btw, nobody here has ever argued that evolution doesn't exist. Most of us have pets and/or fish....we understand that creatures can be bred to certain specifications and that is a type of evolution.

What the creationists argue isn't that evolution doesn't exist. What we argue is that there are no non-human ancestors. We were created by God, in God's image. We did not branch off from some primate or marsupial animal branch and change into modern man via evolution. Didn't happen..which is why it has never been proven to be so.
So you think that an invisible being poofed us into existence?

th

What kick started the Big Bang fifteen billion years ago? The magic flying spaghetti monster?

*****CHUCKLE*****

We haven't figured that out yet. Which doesn't automatically default to an invisible superbeing in another dimension.

No, evolution is provable and I'll show you. Have you ever been to a house built in the 18th century? The ceilings are lower, the doorways are smaller, everything is smaller because humans back then were generally smaller, you can look at their clothes to confirm. So as time goes on, humans are getting taller on average. That's called evolution. We're evolving into taller beings.

Hahahahahahaha

No.
Of course it is. Why wouldn't we be evolving into taller beings? Because we are!

But just because we built smaller houses back then is in no way proof that people were smaller.

And if people were smaller, it isn't evidence of evolution. People in Venezuela and north korea are smaller than their modern day counterparts. Because they starve from birth.

People who have fewer resources build smaller houses, also. They are easier to heat, and use fewer resources to create.

So meh, that's it for you. You're a waste of time. I thought you might have something that would recommend you...but you don't.

And btw, nobody here has ever argued that evolution doesn't exist. Most of us have pets and/or fish....we understand that creatures can be bred to certain specifications and that is a type of evolution.

What the creationists argue isn't that evolution doesn't exist. What we argue is that there are no non-human ancestors. We were created by God, in God's image. We did not branch off from some primate or marsupial animal branch and change into modern man via evolution. Didn't happen..which is why it has never been proven to be so.
I don't think God is invisible.
So where is it so I can see it?

And you think that a visible being poofed us all into existence in our present form?

Hahahahahahaha

No.

Correction, in your case, he pooped you into existence.

And as for your moronic theory that taller people have suddenly evolved in the past three centuries, here is the real cause: better nutrition available through economic growth. Compare the short stature of North Koreans to the relatives in South Korea. That difference isn't due to evolution. It's due to the fact that Norks are STARVING. It's only been in the past three centuries (industrial revolution etc.) that economic growth enabled a bountiful and consistent food supply.
It doesn't matter what the reasons are, that's all part of evolution as well. Animals who have access to easy and better food will progress faster, that's simply more proof of evolution, they evolve faster and better/bigger. Thanks for clearing that up.

...Why does it makes babies with cancer, or retarded, or deformed, or in pain, or even with all of that together? Is god not capable of a perfect creation? Is it a punishment of some sort?

Why God does, or does not do, anything, is for God to know, and for us to guess at. Perhaps, God is more concerned with our souls, and not so much with our clay bodies.
So god deforms babies and gives them non stop pain because he doesn’t care. That doesn’t even make sense.

If God exists, and I firmly believe he does, then it has to make sense to him because it occurs.
"If God exists, and I firmly believe he does" Not bad, you contradicted yourself half way through the first sentence. I'll nominate you for the Imbecile of the Week award. Your chances of winning are excellent. :biggrin:

So if it was a regional flood, why would god want Noah to save animals that wouldn’t go extinct? And how can a regional flood last 40 days over mountain tops?

That would depend upon the region. Not every mountain is Mt. Everest, bub.

And it makes perfect sense that Noah would gather up breeding pairs of animals in order to re-establish the local economy when the flood subsided.

It wouldn't hurt you to educate yourself on the nature of myth in cultures where most people are not literate.
So where is the geologic evidence that the mountains in the area were once submerged for 40 days? Do you have a link to that?

And god wasn't thinking about saving the animals, but saving the economy? Is that your final answer? :biggrin:

I bet you believe that a tiny scrap of bone is all the proof you need for the Theory of Evolution.

As, according to the Bible, God gave Man dominium over the animals (which includes domesticating them to enable Man to live), it is not at all illogical to assume God would wish Man to save the animals necessary for Man's wellbeing.

My final answer is that you are an ignorant, uneducated fool, but I will give you 10 points for consistency.
So you have no proof of the flood but believe it anyways.

And "God gave Man dominium"? I've never heard of that element, you make that up?

I believe there was a worldwide flood. Every major religion that I'm aware of tells of one, even the Popol Vuh, and many old legends and myths tell of one. Even Plato had an account of a sunken city/continent.

It happened around ten thousand years ago when the mile thick ice sheets covering North America, Europe, and part of Asia, melted. Then there's the cities that are sunk in hundreds of feet of water...

The Exceptional Underwater City of Cuba: A New Theory on its Origins – Part I

Japan's Ancient Underwater "Pyramid" Mystifies Scholars

Sunken City off India Coast - 7500 B.C.

...off the coasts of Cuba, Japan, and India.

Are you going to accept my scientific proof that a flood happened at that time or do you want to tell me were all that water went?

th

*****SMILE*****

I believe there was a worldwide flood. Every major religion that I'm aware of tells of one ...

that can not be the flood referred to by the parable of Noah - there were no survivors to make such a recording.

Hahahahahahaha

No.

And as for your moronic theory that taller people have suddenly evolved in the past three centuries, here is the real cause: better nutrition available through economic growth. Compare the short stature of North Koreans to the relatives in South Korea. That difference isn't due to evolution. It's due to the fact that Norks are STARVING. It's only been in the past three centuries (industrial revolution etc.) that economic growth enabled a bountiful and consistent food supply.
It doesn't matter what the reasons are, that's all part of evolution as well. Animals who have access to easy and better food will progress faster, that's simply more proof of evolution, they evolve faster and better/bigger. Thanks for clearing that up.
Really...maybe you can cite the study that establishes that.

I don't think you know what *evolve* means

Taz thinks people evolve if they cut their hair, get fat, go on a diet, lose a limb through amputation, get a tatoo....

I used to eat meat but my outlook on things has evolved to a healthier and less harmful diet, so now I'm a vegetarian. Did I use the word properly there? :biggrin:

Forum List

Back