If God is all powerful...

So where is the geologic evidence that the mountains in the area were once submerged for 40 days? Do you have a link to that?

And god wasn't thinking about saving the animals, but saving the economy? Is that your final answer? :biggrin:

I bet you believe that a tiny scrap of bone is all the proof you need for the Theory of Evolution.

As, according to the Bible, God gave Man dominium over the animals (which includes domesticating them to enable Man to live), it is not at all illogical to assume God would wish Man to save the animals necessary for Man's wellbeing.

My final answer is that you are an ignorant, uneducated fool, but I will give you 10 points for consistency.
So you have no proof of the flood but believe it anyways.

And "God gave Man dominium"? I've never heard of that element, you make that up?

How sad. You've never even read the first chapter of Genesis.
I started in on genesis but got stuck on how Noah could have gotten kangaroos for Australia and back again, because unlike your false belief, it says a worldwide flood. So try as you might to move the goalposts, I might suggest that you yourself re-read genesis, for your own personal accuracy. And do us both a favour and read it koshergirl while you're at it. :biggrin:

You lose. You only have to read the very short first chapter of Genesis to find our God made man master over animals, fish, and birds.
So where is this invisible person? And who did this invisible person tell that to?

I bet you believe that a tiny scrap of bone is all the proof you need for the Theory of Evolution.

As, according to the Bible, God gave Man dominium over the animals (which includes domesticating them to enable Man to live), it is not at all illogical to assume God would wish Man to save the animals necessary for Man's wellbeing.

My final answer is that you are an ignorant, uneducated fool, but I will give you 10 points for consistency.

And "God gave Man dominium"? I've never heard of that element, you make that up?

I started in on genesis but got stuck on how Noah could have gotten kangaroos for Australia and back again, because unlike your false belief, it says a worldwide flood. So try as you might to move the goalposts, I might suggest that you yourself re-read genesis, for your own personal accuracy. And do us both a favour and read it koshergirl while you're at it. :biggrin:

You lose. You only have to read the very short first chapter of Genesis to find our God made man master over animals, fish, and birds.

... our God

the one made up in the 4th century you waist your time reading about - in your one book of forgeries. certainly not the Almighty lost to you from the the 1st century and the religion of Antiquity, good luck ... except you really do not deserve it.

Oh, blah blah blah. The Council of Nicea didn't make up the Old Testament, bub.

Spoken from the perspective of someone who has never interacted with people of God, or people of science or any other scholarship, lo
Of course I have. I both attended church and have a graduate degree. Why would you make such a stupid assumption? Oh, I know why...because you have no higher education whatsoever, and this is how you self soothe.
They say their faith informs their science.
So what? They are wrong to say so. Only the scientificethod informs the science. That is why some religious goober and an atheist get the same results from the same science. Science does not concern itself with the magical nonsense of theism or of religion.

Science isn't a person, it doesn't *concern itself* with anything.
Faith absolutely informs the science of scientists who are committed in their faith.
What the hell is "scientificethod"????? I'm going to take a leap of faith and assume you mean scientific method...and the application of the scientific method in no way affects whether or not faith informs the science.

I'm going to take another leap of faith and try to guess your major...

education.

or psychology in some lower form.

Both are junk degrees.

... our God

the one made up in the 4th century you waist your time reading about - in your one book of forgeries. certainly not the Almighty lost to you from the the 1st century and the religion of Antiquity, good luck ... except you really do not deserve it.

they made your christian bible a book of forgeries in the 4th century, it took them that long to weed out the truth still lingering from the events of the 1st century and simply relegated the religion into a working document for their own personal interest. and yours.

You sad little ignorant knigget. Think back to how humans lived millennia ago. The boundaries of their world were much smaller than what we perceive with modern technology. A massive flood in such a situation would appear to take over the world.
Or it might have literally taken over the world.

We know there was a massive flood.
But that in no way rules out the possibility of a world wide flood.

Yes, it could have been. But the meaning of the story doesn't change in either case, imo.
So you both agree: no 40 days flood that topped the mountains in the area.
Er..no.
I know the flood happened.
Exactly as the bible says...
So a worldwide flood for 40 days. So why isn't there geologic proof of that? Or do you have a link to something credible?
There is geological evidence. There is no proof...yet.
There is likewise absolutely no proof that it didn't happen.

I find this discussion boring...I've had it a million times with other shallow souls who consider themselves enlightened and of superior intellect..but who fail to understand how "hasn't been proven yet" doesn't mean "means it didn't happen".

It's a pretty basic scientific truth that insufficient evidence doesn't disprove anything...and it's hilarious that those who claim a lack of evidence of an event= established scientific negation of an event, think they're being *scientific*.

... our God

they made your christian bible a book of forgeries in the 4th century, it took them that long to weed out the truth still lingering from the events of the 1st century and simply relegated the religion into a working document for their own personal interest. and yours.

Not true.
But you know that.

... our God

Dead Sea Scrolls - Wikipedia

The Dead Sea Scrolls put the lie to your nonsense.

... our God

Think that, if it gives you comfort.

In RealityLand, the history of the Torah can be traced back to 600BC, nearly a millennium prior to the Council of Nicea.

Yes, it could have been. But the meaning of the story doesn't change in either case, imo.
Er..no.
So a worldwide flood for 40 days. So why isn't there geologic proof of that? Or do you have a link to something credible?

I find this discussion boring...I've had it a million times with other shallow souls who consider themselves enlightened and of superior intellect..but who fail to understand how "hasn't been proven yet" doesn't mean "means it didn't happen".

It's a pretty basic scientific truth that insufficient evidence doesn't disprove anything...and it's hilarious that those who claim a lack of evidence of an event= established scientific negation of an event, think they're being *scientific*.

I'll also note the hostility and fear that Taz and BW are betraying towards Judeo-Christianity. It's rather telling that they feel compelled to spend so much energy on the topic.

... our God

In RealityLand, the history of the Torah can be traced back to 600BC, nearly a millennium prior to the Council of Nicea.

just ask yourself if Jesus in the first century led everyone to believe they were hopeless sinners ... that is your 4th century religion in totality.

... our God

just ask yourself if Jesus in the first century led everyone to believe they were hopeless sinners ... that is your 4th century religion in totality.

As I disagree with your interpretation of the Bible and Jesus' message, there is no point answering your loaded question.

I'm not a Christian, btw. I just happen to appreciate Jesus role in liberating people around the world from slavery.

Er..no.

I'll also note the hostility and fear that Taz and BW are betraying towards Judeo-Christianity. It's rather telling that they feel compelled to spend so much energy on the topic.
Yes it is. Unoriginal and typical of anti Christian bigots who think their rejection of Christianity somehow imbues them with elevated intelligence and insight.

Er..no.

Yes it is. Unoriginal and typical of anti Christian bigots who think their rejection of Christianity somehow imbues them with elevated intelligence and insight.

They think they are being sophisticated. They just come off as incredibly ignorant and bigoted.

... our God

As I disagree with your interpretation of the Bible and Jesus' message, there is no point answering your loaded question.

I'm not a Christian, btw. I just happen to appreciate Jesus role in liberating people around the world from slavery.

- there is no point answering your loaded question.

you make no sense at all, I have never indicated I was anything else but associated with the 1st century and the religion of Antiquity, your reply is the height of dishonesty.

you make no sense at all, I have never indicated I was anything else but associated with the 1st century and the religion of Antiquity, your reply is the height of dishonesty.

Oh good luck you don't deserve it right back at you.

You're a sad hack who has nothing better to do that to trash the religious beliefs of other people. Adios.

:eusa_eh::eusa_eh::eusa_eh:

Oh good luck you don't deserve it right back at you.

You're a sad hack who has nothing better to do that to trash the religious beliefs of other people. Adios.
I come up against these poor lost pukes a lot...they remind me of

Er..no.

"There is geological evidence. There is no proof" What geological evidence? That would be proof.

"There is likewise absolutely no proof that it didn't happen." Sorry, but that's not how you prove something.

""hasn't been proven yet" doesn't mean "means it didn't happen"". In this case it does. Otherwise, geologists would have found evidence.

Er..no.

"There is geological evidence. There is no proof" What geological evidence? That would be proof.

"There is likewise absolutely no proof that it didn't happen." Sorry, but that's not how you prove something.

""hasn't been proven yet" doesn't mean "means it didn't happen"". In this case it does. Otherwise, geologists would have found evidence.

Do you believe in the Theory of Evolution based on a few bits of bone?

Er..no.

You're the one calling me names, am I upsetting you with all these questions? Are you feeling attacked?

Forum List

Back