If God is all powerful...

Speak for yourself, moron.
Then why does your god make deformed babies? Cancer? ...
You should read the bible for that information. It's all in there.

- It's all in there.

there is no reason to read the bible for an honest person when what it says that everyone is a sinner and believed by those that read it, they are the problem that festers in our society as its mindless negativity.

It is well worth reading the Bible if one is not a Christian. It is one of the most influential books in the world, an historical record, and contains foundational values upon which Western Civilization developed and thrived.
It is well worth reading the Bible if one is not a Christian. It is one of the most influential books in the world, an historical record, and contains foundational values upon which Western Civilization developed and thrived.

the 4th century christian bible is ascribed by people that aqueous as hopeless sinners rather than solving their problems and being responsible for their own lives as the true means for the reward of life in the Everlasting.

I don't think you have actually read the Bible nor have you have you accurately contemplated the lessons contained therein. Firstly, the Old Testament is history and quite interesting; secondly, the New Testament is a story of freedom, forgiveness and redemption. Whether or not you believe in the spiritual/religious aspect of Jesus, he was a revolutionary. For all of human history before him, people were chattel owned by their rulers. Jesus preached a message of all people being equal before God. And that idea sparked a revolution of liberation, especially in Western Civilization.

th

God is God who am I to question God's will or purpose?

After all he created douchebags who don't believe God exists when the proof is there for them to see.

*****CHUCKLE*****

:)

God creates douchebags because we’re made in his image.

God explains why he makes painful cancers?

Already asked and answered, bub.

- It's all in there.

there is no reason to read the bible for an honest person when what it says that everyone is a sinner and believed by those that read it, they are the problem that festers in our society as its mindless negativity.

It’s a historical record of a worldwide flood that hasn’t been proven?

You sad little ignorant knigget. Think back to how humans lived millennia ago. The boundaries of their world were much smaller than what we perceive with modern technology. A massive flood in such a situation would appear to take over the world.

- It's all in there.

I'm sorry, but nobody is interested in your opinion about a collection of works you have never read. Nobody will ever take your *deep thoughts* on Christianity or the bible seriously if you haven't read it.
I'm sorry, but nobody is interested in your opinion about a collection of works you have never read. Nobody will ever take your *deep thoughts* on Christianity or the bible seriously if you haven't read it.

the need for you to read a book to have a religion is your problem not mine particularly one written in the 4th century as a political document disguised as a religion.

reading to the first forged passage and sparing ones soul than reading forward and learning otherwise its content is not only prudent but proper than succumbing to its corruption as those that claim to be christians from reading it through.

I haven't said anything about the nature of God, bub.

You appear to believe that the highest state of perfection is a bland reality with no problems to solve, no tragedies to overcome, nothing to learn, no conflicts, no accidents...basically a void of nothing. (I can see how you would find that appealing).

If on the other hand, one considers that God made humans as conscious beings with free will, and that nature is a process of creation and destruction, then the fact that horrible things happen to good people is not disproof of God. We all have a spark within us to handle the tragedies of life in a spirit of grace.

The journey of how each person handles the human condition just may be God's way of understanding himself and his creation.
Actually, in Christian myths, the higher state of perfection is called heaven, so accept your shit lot in life because you’ll be rewarded when you’re dead.

We are rewarded on earth as well.
With cancer?

In your case, I'd be more worried about being terminally ignorant and about cancer.

You should read it and find out. That's what a smart person would do.

Which part?

- It's all in there.

the need for you to read a book to have a religion is your problem not mine particularly one written in the 4th century as a political document disguised as a religion.

reading to the first forged passage and sparing ones soul than reading forward and learning otherwise its content is not only prudent but proper than succumbing to its corruption as those that claim to be christians from reading it through.

^^^ This post makes Baby English Teacher cry ^^^

Where?

I'm not your interwebs library assistant. Go back and read the thread for yourself.

- It's all in there.

You sad little ignorant knigget. Think back to how humans lived millennia ago. The boundaries of their world were much smaller than what we perceive with modern technology. A massive flood in such a situation would appear to take over the world.
So if it was a regional flood, why would god want Noah to save animals that wouldn’t go extinct? And how can a regional flood last 40 days over mountain tops?

I haven't said anything about the nature of God, bub.

You appear to believe that the highest state of perfection is a bland reality with no problems to solve, no tragedies to overcome, nothing to learn, no conflicts, no accidents...basically a void of nothing. (I can see how you would find that appealing).

If on the other hand, one considers that God made humans as conscious beings with free will, and that nature is a process of creation and destruction, then the fact that horrible things happen to good people is not disproof of God. We all have a spark within us to handle the tragedies of life in a spirit of grace.

The journey of how each person handles the human condition just may be God's way of understanding himself and his creation.
Actually, in Christian myths, the higher state of perfection is called heaven, so accept your shit lot in life because you’ll be rewarded when you’re dead.

We are rewarded on earth as well.
With cancer?

In your case, I'd be more worried about being terminally ignorant and about cancer.
So all you have is a personal attack. Your concession is duly noted.

Where?

I'm not your interwebs library assistant. Go back and read the thread for yourself.
So you have nothing. Got it.

- It's all in there.

So if it was a regional flood, why would god want Noah to save animals that wouldn’t go extinct? And how can a regional flood last 40 days over mountain tops?

That would depend upon the region. Not every mountain is Mt. Everest, bub.

And it makes perfect sense that Noah would gather up breeding pairs of animals in order to re-establish the local economy when the flood subsided.

It wouldn't hurt you to educate yourself on the nature of myth in cultures where most people are not literate.

- It's all in there.

And it makes perfect sense that Noah would gather up breeding pairs of animals in order to re-establish the local economy when the flood subsided.

It wouldn't hurt you to educate yourself on the nature of myth in cultures where most people are not literate.
So where is the geologic evidence that the mountains in the area were once submerged for 40 days? Do you have a link to that?

And god wasn't thinking about saving the animals, but saving the economy? Is that your final answer? :biggrin:

Where?

^^^ Diagnosis: Terminal Projection ^^^
You made the claim that there was something I should read, it's up to you to back up your claim.

So where is the geologic evidence that the mountains in the area were once submerged for 40 days? Do you have a link to that?

And god wasn't thinking about saving the animals, but saving the economy? Is that your final answer? :biggrin:

I bet you believe that a tiny scrap of bone is all the proof you need for the Theory of Evolution.

As, according to the Bible, God gave Man dominium over the animals (which includes domesticating them to enable Man to live), it is not at all illogical to assume God would wish Man to save the animals necessary for Man's wellbeing.

My final answer is that you are an ignorant, uneducated fool, but I will give you 10 points for consistency.

Where?

^^^ Diagnosis: Terminal Projection ^^^
You made the claim that there was something I should read, it's up to you to back up your claim.

I already responded to your post. If you don't bother to read responses, that's your problem.

th

You have it reversed.

You have nothing and I have all the proof of God's existence.

*****CHUCKLE*****

So you can prove the god of the bible?

th

Are you going religion specific in your thread now?

Where have I ever stated that I was Christian?

*****CHUCKLE*****

So which god can you prove and then prove it.

th

Pantheist

*****CHUCKLE*****

:cool:

You can't prove that stupidity either.

th

It explains everything about God including the stupidity of people who do not wish to believe.

*****CHUCKLE*****

So what do you think, and cite the biblical passage that supports it plz.

And yes there is geological evidence of the flood.

New Evidence Suggests Biblical Great Flood Happened

"...an acclaimed underwater archaeologist thinks he has found proof that the biblical flood was actually based on real events."

Forum List

Back