If God is all powerful...

Then why does your god make deformed babies? Cancer? ...
You should read the bible for that information. It's all in there.

- It's all in there.

there is no reason to read the bible for an honest person when what it says that everyone is a sinner and believed by those that read it, they are the problem that festers in our society as its mindless negativity.

It is well worth reading the Bible if one is not a Christian. It is one of the most influential books in the world, an historical record, and contains foundational values upon which Western Civilization developed and thrived.
It’s a historical record of a worldwide flood that hasn’t been proven?

You sad little ignorant knigget. Think back to how humans lived millennia ago. The boundaries of their world were much smaller than what we perceive with modern technology. A massive flood in such a situation would appear to take over the world.
Or it might have literally taken over the world.

We know there was a massive flood.
But that in no way rules out the possibility of a world wide flood.

- It's all in there.

there is no reason to read the bible for an honest person when what it says that everyone is a sinner and believed by those that read it, they are the problem that festers in our society as its mindless negativity.

It is well worth reading the Bible if one is not a Christian. It is one of the most influential books in the world, an historical record, and contains foundational values upon which Western Civilization developed and thrived.

You sad little ignorant knigget. Think back to how humans lived millennia ago. The boundaries of their world were much smaller than what we perceive with modern technology. A massive flood in such a situation would appear to take over the world.

Yes, it could have been. But the meaning of the story doesn't change in either case, imo.

So if it was a regional flood, why would god want Noah to save animals that wouldn’t go extinct? And how can a regional flood last 40 days over mountain tops?

That would depend upon the region. Not every mountain is Mt. Everest, bub.

And it makes perfect sense that Noah would gather up breeding pairs of animals in order to re-establish the local economy when the flood subsided.

It wouldn't hurt you to educate yourself on the nature of myth in cultures where most people are not literate.
So where is the geologic evidence that the mountains in the area were once submerged for 40 days? Do you have a link to that?

And god wasn't thinking about saving the animals, but saving the economy? Is that your final answer? :biggrin:

I bet you believe that a tiny scrap of bone is all the proof you need for the Theory of Evolution.

As, according to the Bible, God gave Man dominium over the animals (which includes domesticating them to enable Man to live), it is not at all illogical to assume God would wish Man to save the animals necessary for Man's wellbeing.

My final answer is that you are an ignorant, uneducated fool, but I will give you 10 points for consistency.
So you have no proof of the flood but believe it anyways.

And "God gave Man dominium"? I've never heard of that element, you make that up?

So if it was a regional flood, why would god want Noah to save animals that wouldn’t go extinct? And how can a regional flood last 40 days over mountain tops?

And it makes perfect sense that Noah would gather up breeding pairs of animals in order to re-establish the local economy when the flood subsided.

It wouldn't hurt you to educate yourself on the nature of myth in cultures where most people are not literate.
So where is the geologic evidence that the mountains in the area were once submerged for 40 days? Do you have a link to that?

And god wasn't thinking about saving the animals, but saving the economy? Is that your final answer? :biggrin:

So what do you think, and cite the biblical passage that supports it plz.

And yes there is geological evidence of the flood.

New Evidence Suggests Biblical Great Flood Happened

"...an acclaimed underwater archaeologist thinks he has found proof that the biblical flood was actually based on real events."
Your link doesn't claim a 40 day flood that topped the mountains in the region. Please try again.

- It's all in there.

Yes, it could have been. But the meaning of the story doesn't change in either case, imo.
So you both agree: no 40 days flood that topped the mountains in the area.

I bet you believe that a tiny scrap of bone is all the proof you need for the Theory of Evolution.

As, according to the Bible, God gave Man dominium over the animals (which includes domesticating them to enable Man to live), it is not at all illogical to assume God would wish Man to save the animals necessary for Man's wellbeing.

My final answer is that you are an ignorant, uneducated fool, but I will give you 10 points for consistency.

And "God gave Man dominium"? I've never heard of that element, you make that up?

How sad. You've never even read the first chapter of Genesis.

- It's all in there.

It doesn't.

I started in on genesis but got stuck on how Noah could have gotten kangaroos for Australia and back again, because unlike your false belief, it says a worldwide flood. So try as you might to move the goalposts, I might suggest that you yourself re-read genesis, for your own personal accuracy. And do us both a favour and read it koshergirl while you're at it. :biggrin:

I started in on genesis but got stuck on how Noah could have gotten kangaroos for Australia and back again, because unlike your false belief, it says a worldwide flood. So try as you might to move the goalposts, I might suggest that you yourself re-read genesis, for your own personal accuracy. And do us both a favour and read it koshergirl while you're at it. :biggrin:
I've read it a few times lol.

Er..no.
I know the flood happened.
Exactly as the bible says...

You lose. You only have to read the very short first chapter of Genesis to find our God made man master over animals, fish, and birds.

You only have to read the very short first chapter of Genesis to find our God made man master over animals, fish, and birds.
And you believe that nonsense?

I understand the role of myth in human cultures. It wouldn't hurt you to actually learn something about it.

What I don't believe in is the Benevolent Centralized Authoritarian State that you worship.

Their faith informs them in all things, obviously.
100% wrong. It does not inform their science. The science is the same for anyone, regardless of their faith or lack of faith.so no, you are 100% wromg
Spoken from the perspective of someone who has never interacted with people of God, or people of science or any other scholarship, lol.

They say their faith informs their science. It's what drives them, more than anything else. It's sad that your ability to read and comprehend is not sufficient for you to derive that from their statements that say that.

Spoken from the perspective of someone who has never interacted with people of God, or people of science or any other scholarship, lo
Of course I have. I both attended church and have a graduate degree. Why would you make such a stupid assumption? Oh, I know why...because you have no higher education whatsoever, and this is how you self soothe.
They say their faith informs their science.
So what? They are wrong to say so. Only the scientificethod informs the science. That is why some religious goober and an atheist get the same results from the same science. Science does not concern itself with the magical nonsense of theism or of religion.

We also will judge non believers, which is awesome.
So what? You believe stupid magical nonsense and tho k you carry some sort of divine authority - a very embarrassing and childish position for an adult to take.. Your judgment is poor and is essentially worthless.

Er..no.
I know the flood happened.
Exactly as the bible says...
So a worldwide flood for 40 days. So why isn't there geologic proof of that? Or do you have a link to something credible?

You lose. You only have to read the very short first chapter of Genesis to find our God made man master over animals, fish, and birds.

... our God

the one made up in the 4th century you waist your time reading about - in your one book of forgeries. certainly not the Almighty lost to you from the the 1st century and the religion of Antiquity, good luck ... except you really do not deserve it.

Forum List

Back