If God is all powerful...

So you both agree: no 40 days flood that topped the mountains in the area.
Er..no.
I know the flood happened.
Exactly as the bible says...
So a worldwide flood for 40 days. So why isn't there geologic proof of that? Or do you have a link to something credible?
There is geological evidence. There is no proof...yet.
There is likewise absolutely no proof that it didn't happen.

I find this discussion boring...I've had it a million times with other shallow souls who consider themselves enlightened and of superior intellect..but who fail to understand how "hasn't been proven yet" doesn't mean "means it didn't happen".

It's a pretty basic scientific truth that insufficient evidence doesn't disprove anything...and it's hilarious that those who claim a lack of evidence of an event= established scientific negation of an event, think they're being *scientific*.
"There is geological evidence. There is no proof" What geological evidence? That would be proof.

"There is likewise absolutely no proof that it didn't happen." Sorry, but that's not how you prove something.

""hasn't been proven yet" doesn't mean "means it didn't happen"". In this case it does. Otherwise, geologists would have found evidence.

Do you believe in the Theory of Evolution based on a few bits of bone?
No, evolution is provable and I'll show you. Have you ever been to a house built in the 18th century? The ceilings are lower, the doorways are smaller, everything is smaller because humans back then were generally smaller, you can look at their clothes to confirm. So as time goes on, humans are getting taller on average. That's called evolution. We're evolving into taller beings.

Er..no.
So a worldwide flood for 40 days. So why isn't there geologic proof of that? Or do you have a link to something credible?

I find this discussion boring...I've had it a million times with other shallow souls who consider themselves enlightened and of superior intellect..but who fail to understand how "hasn't been proven yet" doesn't mean "means it didn't happen".

It's a pretty basic scientific truth that insufficient evidence doesn't disprove anything...and it's hilarious that those who claim a lack of evidence of an event= established scientific negation of an event, think they're being *scientific*.
"There is geological evidence. There is no proof" What geological evidence? That would be proof.

"There is likewise absolutely no proof that it didn't happen." Sorry, but that's not how you prove something.

""hasn't been proven yet" doesn't mean "means it didn't happen"". In this case it does. Otherwise, geologists would have found evidence.

No, evolution is provable and I'll show you. Have you ever been to a house built in the 18th century? The ceilings are lower, the doorways are smaller, everything is smaller because humans back then were generally smaller, you can look at their clothes to confirm. So as time goes on, humans are getting taller on average. That's called evolution. We're evolving into taller beings.

Hahahahahahaha

No.

Hahahahahahaha

No.
Of course it is. Why wouldn't we be evolving into taller beings? Because we are!

...Why does it makes babies with cancer, or retarded, or deformed, or in pain, or even with all of that together? Is god not capable of a perfect creation? Is it a punishment of some sort?

Why God does, or does not do, anything, is for God to know, and for us to guess at. Perhaps, God is more concerned with our souls, and not so much with our clay bodies.

...Why does it makes babies with cancer, or retarded, or deformed, or in pain, or even with all of that together? Is god not capable of a perfect creation? Is it a punishment of some sort?

Why God does, or does not do, anything, is for God to know, and for us to guess at. Perhaps, God is more concerned with our souls, and not so much with our clay bodies.
So god deforms babies and gives them non stop pain because he doesn’t care. That doesn’t even make sense.

Er..no.

Oh my god is that stupid.

Hahahahahahaha

No.
Of course it is. Why wouldn't we be evolving into taller beings? Because we are!

But just because we built smaller houses back then is in no way proof that people were smaller.

And if people were smaller, it isn't evidence of evolution. People in Venezuela and north korea are smaller than their modern day counterparts. Because they starve from birth.

People who have fewer resources build smaller houses, also. They are easier to heat, and use fewer resources to create.

So meh, that's it for you. You're a waste of time. I thought you might have something that would recommend you...but you don't.

And btw, nobody here has ever argued that evolution doesn't exist. Most of us have pets and/or fish....we understand that creatures can be bred to certain specifications and that is a type of evolution.

What the creationists argue isn't that evolution doesn't exist. What we argue is that there are no non-human ancestors. We were created by God, in God's image. We did not branch off from some primate or marsupial animal branch and change into modern man via evolution. Didn't happen..which is why it has never been proven to be so.

Should a God conform to your parameters of his form? Why would he? Could making God in your own image have disappointed you?

Best guess? God created it all. All of it was good. Perhaps it was all even perfect. Then the rest of everything happened. What I'm talking about is personal responsibility both on an individual and species level. Where I'm going with this is God made things--us included--then we messed it up/are still messing it up. In my opinion we need to take responsibility for most all the bad things you mention, not blame them on God. That's the biggest cop-out of all time. We need to take responsibility for misuse of free will, much the same way society holds us to standards defined by laws of other men.

It's all so constraining isn't it? This belief in God.
NO. Liberating, similar to constraining. Take a choice . Take/not make

Hahahahahahaha

No.

But just because we built smaller houses back then is in no way proof that people were smaller.

And if people were smaller, it isn't evidence of evolution. People in Venezuela and north korea are smaller than their modern day counterparts. Because they starve from birth.

People who have fewer resources build smaller houses, also. They are easier to heat, and use fewer resources to create.

So meh, that's it for you. You're a waste of time. I thought you might have something that would recommend you...but you don't.

And btw, nobody here has ever argued that evolution doesn't exist. Most of us have pets and/or fish....we understand that creatures can be bred to certain specifications and that is a type of evolution.

What the creationists argue isn't that evolution doesn't exist. What we argue is that there are no non-human ancestors. We were created by God, in God's image. We did not branch off from some primate or marsupial animal branch and change into modern man via evolution. Didn't happen..which is why it has never been proven to be so.
So you think that an invisible being poofed us into existence?

You sad little ignorant knigget. Think back to how humans lived millennia ago. The boundaries of their world were much smaller than what we perceive with modern technology. A massive flood in such a situation would appear to take over the world.
So if it was a regional flood, why would god want Noah to save animals that wouldn’t go extinct? And how can a regional flood last 40 days over mountain tops?

That would depend upon the region. Not every mountain is Mt. Everest, bub.

And it makes perfect sense that Noah would gather up breeding pairs of animals in order to re-establish the local economy when the flood subsided.

It wouldn't hurt you to educate yourself on the nature of myth in cultures where most people are not literate.
So where is the geologic evidence that the mountains in the area were once submerged for 40 days? Do you have a link to that?

And god wasn't thinking about saving the animals, but saving the economy? Is that your final answer? :biggrin:

I bet you believe that a tiny scrap of bone is all the proof you need for the Theory of Evolution.

As, according to the Bible, God gave Man dominium over the animals (which includes domesticating them to enable Man to live), it is not at all illogical to assume God would wish Man to save the animals necessary for Man's wellbeing.

My final answer is that you are an ignorant, uneducated fool, but I will give you 10 points for consistency.
So you have no proof of the flood but believe it anyways.

And "God gave Man dominium"? I've never heard of that element, you make that up?

I believe there was a worldwide flood. Every major religion that I'm aware of tells of one, even the Popol Vuh, and many old legends and myths tell of one. Even Plato had an account of a sunken city/continent.

It happened around ten thousand years ago when the mile thick ice sheets covering North America, Europe, and part of Asia, melted. Then there's the cities that are sunk in hundreds of feet of water...

The Exceptional Underwater City of Cuba: A New Theory on its Origins – Part I

Japan's Ancient Underwater "Pyramid" Mystifies Scholars

Sunken City off India Coast - 7500 B.C.

...off the coasts of Cuba, Japan, and India.

Are you going to accept my scientific proof that a flood happened at that time or do you want to tell me were all that water went?

th

*****SMILE*****

:)

Last edited:

Hahahahahahaha

No.

th

What kick started the Big Bang fifteen billion years ago? The magic flying spaghetti monster?

*****CHUCKLE*****

:)

Last edited:

Hahahahahahaha

No.

I don't think God is invisible.

Hahahahahahaha

No.

Correction, in your case, he pooped you into existence.

And as for your moronic theory that taller people have suddenly evolved in the past three centuries, here is the real cause: better nutrition available through economic growth. Compare the short stature of North Koreans to the relatives in South Korea. That difference isn't due to evolution. It's due to the fact that Norks are STARVING. It's only been in the past three centuries (industrial revolution etc.) that economic growth enabled a bountiful and consistent food supply.

Its the story of the Jewish people and their struggle to remain sane in a world where they were surrounded more powerful nations filled with superstitious, irrational and violent knuckle dragging barbarians.
Wrong. The 1st eleven chapters of the Bible records the history that all nations have in common.

That is certainly not true.

Adam was not the first human being. Genesis is not a historical account of the origins of humanity the beginning of the universe or solar system.

The talking serpent shows that people were already in existence, no other creature on earth but humans speak to other humans, not to mention the fact that when the children of Adam and Eve wanted to find a mate they went to a city that was already populated.

There is no mention of the origins of those people other than by allusion when speaking of the wild beasts of the field that the Lord God had also made.

Pay attention to what you read....Did you never go to high school and take a science class? Never heard about the age of the universe, the sun or the earth? Never hear about the origin of species? Neanderthals, Denisovans?

How does all of that fit into your fantasy? Do you just walk around in a stupor every day?

Damn.

Last edited:
I don't understand any religion that makes the suffering of life some kind of test . Either god is oblivious to human suffering or GOD is a complete and utter sadist. Perhaps Buddhists are right, there isn't a god, and life is what you make it. Could it be that simple?

So god deforms babies and gives them non stop pain because he doesn’t care. That doesn’t even make sense.

If God exists, and I firmly believe he does, then it has to make sense to him because it occurs.

I don't understand any religion that makes the suffering of life some kind of test . Either god is oblivious to human suffering or GOD is a complete and utter sadist. Perhaps Buddhists are right, there isn't a god, and life is what you make it. Could it be that simple?

Apparently God has tried for thousands of years to teach people a better way to understand and approach life..

it could be that human beings just aren't capable of being more than irrational and violent wild animals that cause their own suffering destroying the planet in the process..

If they go the way of the dodo, would any other species on earth really care?

Look at all of these sad people saying and doing stupid things without thinking and then acting as if God owes them something.

Why should God care when people have proven they don't?

When something of great value is broken or contaminated in such a way that it can never be repaired or restored to its original condition you don't put it on your dinner table, you throw it in the trash.

Take a good look around. Humanity is in the trash.

Its not about God being a sadist, it about human beings not giving a shit about the condition of their own minds or quality of their own reality..

Is it Gods fault that some people worship an imaginary three in one edible mangod made by human hands? No one has a gun to anyone else's head. Is it God fault they will suffer the consequences for failing to heed his instructions and stand guard over the purity of their own mind?

Last edited:

What if God is real and life is what you make it? Say, for instance, God brought about everything whenever, however that occurred--feel free to dispute the specific planetary geophysics. From this beginning onward to the present, everything else that happened is either a result of physical science (geology) and all interaction of all living things with their environment. Lastly, reduce that fraction all the way down to a personal, individual level.

Viewed in that light, God is neither oblivious nor sadist because we human's--created in his image and mortal/imperfect--are solely to blame and responsible for all the bad things which have happened to us. This is a hard, bitter pill to swallow--the concept that we as race must take responsibility for us and our misery--instead of blaming God.

Its the story of the Jewish people and their struggle to remain sane in a world where they were surrounded more powerful nations filled with superstitious, irrational and violent knuckle dragging barbarians.
Wrong. The 1st eleven chapters of the Bible records the history that all nations have in common.

That is certainly not true.

Adam was not the first human being. Genesis is not a historical account of the origins of humanity the beginning of the universe or solar system.

The talking serpent shows that people were already in existence, no other creature on earth but humans speak to other humans, not to mention the fact that when the children of Adam and Eve wanted to find a mate they went to a city that was already populated.

There is no mention of the origins of those people other than by allusion when speaking of the wild beasts of the field that the Lord God had also made.

Pay attention to what you read....Did you never go to high school and take a science class? Never heard about the age of the universe, the sun or the earth? Never hear about the origin of species? Neanderthals, Denisovans?

How does all of that fit into your fantasy? Do you just walk around in a stupor every day?

Damn.

Science tells us there were human like creatures on this planet about a million years ago. Science assumes they stayed around and evolved into modern humans. I don't think that science has much evidence of that evolution.

Mathematics is an accurate science, and if you use math to reverse the doubling rate of human beings, it is very hard to get the original pair back past 6,000 years. Use any reasonable doubling rate. Science doesn't seem to have an answer to that reality.

Personally, I don't concern myself much with the Old Testament, since Christianity is mostly based on the New Testament and the Christ.

Apparently God has tried for thousands of years to teach people a better way to understand and approach life..

it could be that human beings just aren't capable of being more than irrational and violent wild animals that cause their own suffering destroying the planet in the process..

And why exactly should God care when people have proven they don't?
Oh, so you presume to speak for god now?

And why exactly should God care when people have proven they don't?
When people claim to know the mind of "god", well, there within lies the whole crux of this unholy biscuit
All religions are man made. And they presume to know the will of god. Heck darn poop, nobody can prove god even exists. I see the sunrise and was born of man and woman . I am seeing the universe , a cold dead place that we inhabit. And the rules of all that doesn't factor in our emotions, our awe and our fixation with ourselves as humans. The universe can and will get by without us humans . It always has, and always will.

Forum List

Back