IF higher taxes will create jobs, why did the stimulus fail?

Awwww how cute.

Attempts to make someone feel sad.

You dont like facts very much do you

As a supporter of Obama and is policies, it becomes the place Webster sends you for an example of the word desperate
Do not debate, do not re butte, spin it.
I am sure that a 9th grade level of common sense knows what the point being said meant
Try and stay up please. And before you vote for Obama again, ask you self why

What did the stimulus bill cost?

Did it cost 787 billion or not?
Plus interest
American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Actually it cost 550-575 billion in funds
but how can you leave out tarp?
GM alone with GMAC got close to 75 billion alone with Chrysler making it close to 100 billion
There was 275 billion in tax cuts

The cost to the tax payer with tarp (Obama's 350 billion) was close to 800 billion, maybe more
Its hard to keep up with the truth from his admin. They have claimed GM has paid us back and all I can find is the 11.7 billion we got from selling stock out of the 75
Treasury gets $11.7 billion from GM stock sale - Yahoo! Finance

Plus interest

Are tax cuts a cost to government?

Depends. Is money borrowed to cover what the tax cuts used to fund or has something been eliminated? The stimulus package wasn't a big tax cut. It was borrowed money used to pay for programs and cover paychecks. That money has to be payed back with interest.

It was a straightforward question, completely independent of expenditures.

Depends. Is money borrowed to cover what the tax cuts used to fund or has something been eliminated? The stimulus package wasn't a big tax cut. It was borrowed money used to pay for programs and cover paychecks. That money has to be payed back with interest.

He answered the question, dipshit.

Exactly. Most of the jobs saved, temporarily, were civil service jobs. There was no growth of the economy. There were no net positive jobs created. It was a costly bandaid, nothing more

That is false. The recession ended in July of 2009, which means that positive economic GROWTH in the economy resumed at that point.

Sure, and the unemployment numbers, continuing foreclosures, continuing extended unemployment benefits all speak to that. :cuckoo: One thing happened, the rich got richer. That's right. The only ones spending are the rich. Scooping up deals, buying undervalued stocks. How many of the millions on unemployed and living hand to mouth do you think have taken advantage of the market in the last two years? How many of the struggling got in on the 90% profit from the Linkedin IPO yesterday? Like Rightwinger says, the rich have gotten richer. And they are the ones spending.

So is it Obama's fault the rich keep getting richer?
My god is that all the libs have?

Well, that was shortest trip to ignore on record. Welcome back!

He didn't answer the question.

What happens to a country when to much of the wealth is concentrated in just a few hands?

Do you understand how the world works?

What happens to a country when to much of the wealth is concentrated in just a few hands?

Do you understand how the world works?

Just a few hands?

lol...you are stuck on talking points.

My neoighborhood alone has thousands of families living very comfortable upper middle class lives.

And I am one town of hundreds within a 200 mile radius that are just like my town.

You make it sound like there are 100 billionaires and the rest of us are poor staring people.

And if the contraction continues you wont be seeing that anymore.

The middle class is shrinking.

The wealthy are getting wealthier and the right tries to put in place everything they can to keep this contraction going.

Libs how can anything cost the government one penny?
I cannot give a better example as to why anyone would elect Obama
The US government is a collection agency that only destroys wealth. It serves no function to create it
It serves many good functions with some of the wealth it collects, but the only thing a tax cut does is allow the very people who fund the government to keep more of the wealth they provide to run it

The only thing that is impacted by a tax cut or a tax hike is the person who pays taxes.
This is the very reason I know people like 8537 does not pay much in tax
They have no idea the impact taxes has on our society

And if the contraction continues you wont be seeing that anymore.

The middle class is shrinking.

The wealthy are getting wealthier and the right tries to put in place everything they can to keep this contraction going.

I am not uber wealthy.

I am comfortable.

I work hard.

With the exception of last year, my income has increased every year for the past 20 years.

My spending power has increased faster than inflation.

So get off your talking points.

Libs how can anything cost the government one penny?

So then why do you claim that the stimulus cost 787B? By your own definitions, it cost a bit less than 500B. The tax cuts weren't a cost, remember?

Look your game is a waste of your and my time
the stimulus cost the tax payer with Obama's 1/2 of tarp well over 700 billion dollars
what I remember is this
In a normal conversation it is a given that the Govt is funded by the tax payer and when your talking about the government you are talking about the tax payer
With you an other liberals you have to stop some times and explain to them whats going on, 8537 you have no desire to debate anything, you know your wrong on all points

Why do you do this?
It is very sad that you are allowed to vote when you just do not care about our great nation. We have serious problems that many of them have been created by the very man you elected and yet you do not even know why you elected him

It is very sad that you are allowed to vote when you just do not care about our great nation. We have serious problems that many of them have been created by the very man you elected and yet you do not even know why you elected him

I care more about this country than to allow it to be handed over to a bunch of 19th century flashbacks who have summarily forgotten 70 years of progress in economic thought - or the people those economists lead around by the nose.

and I find people who question other's patriotism based on political disagreement to be most despicable and pathetic.

Last edited:
I cannot put it any better

It’s official: Obama’s job stimulus program failed.
....Until Republicans put THEIR names on the checks.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w894xqReOdo]YouTube - ‪Rachel Maddow Exposes Republican Hypocrisy For What It Is......BS.flv‬‏[/ame]​

Trickle up prosperity(well in this case poverty) is a giant fail thats why, it is way less effective than trickle down economics.

I like your quote from Kennedy
I post these threads for information hoping to educate the voter
Obama's $825B stimulus plan includes spending, tax cuts - USATODAY.com
the stimulus was the same as having about 225 billion dollars of revenue added to the bottom line and spent by the federal govt per year as I understand it

I heard a blip on the radio that I have yet to verify myself.
Yeah....you do have a bit of a problem with the whole verification-thing.

handjob.gif

I care more about this country than to allow it to be handed over to a bunch of 19th century flashbacks who have summarily forgotten 70 years of progress in economic thought - or the people those economists lead around by the nose.

and I find people who question other's patriotism based on political disagreement to be most despicable and pathetic.

You bring nothing to the table. I do not recall questioning your patriotism either.
I ask a simple question and it goes from there to where you take it
If higher taxation works why did this stimulus fail?
you have yet to answer it. Its not for me, I am not going to vote for Obama.
19th century?
political dis agreement?
Not wanting my president to use 800 billion dollars of our wealth the way Obama did with the stimulus and with his 1/2 of Tarp is anything but 19th century
Why in gods name would anyone of us want that type of leadership ever?

You bring nothing to the table. I do not recall questioning your patriotism either.

Then you have a VERY short memory. You know these boards save posts, right?
you said:
It is very sad that you are allowed to vote when you just do not care about our great nation.

if you're playing stupid, please quit. if you really don't remember what you wrote one post ago, please come back later.

I ask a simple question and it goes from there to where you take it
If higher taxation works why did this stimulus fail?

The question makes no sense because the stimulus cut taxes - by 280B+

Why in gods name would anyone of us want that type of leadership ever?
Some of us still remember economics before the great forgetting. Some of us don't.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back