IF higher taxes will create jobs, why did the stimulus fail?

So?
It failed. Period. End of conversation.
Obama, Pelosi and Reid did not say "it will not be successful becuase 40% of it is tax cuts"
To the contrary, they heralded the plan.
And it did nothing that it claimed it would do.

Sure.....some are tossing some numbers of growth around...

But lets be real....if the plan was marketed this way...

"unemployment will still top 10% before it shows signs of recovery"
"there will be a couple of hundred private secotr jobs created over the next 2.5 years"
"unemployment will teeter between 9 and 10% for a minimum of 2.5 years"

I dont think it would have passed.

Thus...it is an utrter failure.

The stimulus was 33% tax cuts
God stop lying
lets not forget that Obama used tarp also
it was 1 trillion dollars, so using that it was close to 25%
American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Why do you say the stimulus bill cost 787 billion if 288 billion of it was tax cuts?

I thought tax cuts weren't a cost.

As a supporter of Obama and is policies, it becomes the place Webster sends you for an example of the word desperate
Do not debate, do not re butte, spin it.
I am sure that a 9th grade level of common sense knows what the point being said meant
Try and stay up please. And before you vote for Obama again, ask you self why

You don't need to sustain the borrowing any more than a private sector company needs to maintain borrowing.

Economy's grow and private firms expand when infrastructure is improved or research is funded. The larger economy provides greater tax revenues .

The firms that expand through building infastructure shirnk once the infastructure is done being built or having money spent on improving it. It is not a permanent fix to borrow money from other nations to spend on our infastructure. This fact erases any sustainable tax revenues from work on infastructure.

So, a bunch of firms built the interstate highway system.

Did building the interstate highway system not increase economic growth for every firm that benefits from the highway system?

Did the firms that built arms for WW2 not increase economic activity after WW2?

Your avatar of our president is the most dis respect full thing I have ever seen.
Its childish
It only adds to the proof of how dis functional the president and his supporters are

3 trillion dollars in debt
6 million jobs lost
and your best is OBL and a birth cert?
Good luck with that

Now when it comes to the hi way system
Does GM/UAW slush fund fit into that category?

how about the NEA
Citing about $105 billion that is coming to the U.S. Department of Education from the federal stimulus package, Biden said teachers will finally have the means to improve education.
“You’ve got a president and vice president absolutely committed to having all the tools you need to finally get it right in American public education.”
» Stimulus Pays Off With Obama Teachers Union Endorsement - Big Government

LOL! I knew you were a fucking idiot just throwing shit on the wall.

The Ledbetter act did not require equal pay for women.

My gawd man. Buy some education will ya?

You are the most fucking dense poster in a very crowded field on this site.
Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act of 2009 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It allowed an extension of the statute of limitations. Thus in a sense it did require equal pay.
In any case it is a job killer. Just like the rest of them.
Lol.

Nice try, Rabbi. But you've already proven you are either a serial spammer or a product of rightwing radio.

Extending the repayment period for a violation does not equal requiring equal pay for women...or blacks.

It increases the liability of hiring. A point no doubt beyond you since you've never been hired for anything in your life.

You asked which pieces of legislation killed jobs. I supplied the list.
Your arguments are wearing thin and losing to more informed views.
The simple fact is that Obama's entire economic policy, suggested by advisors who have since resigned, is a complete and total disaster. It failed in every objective and has left a legacy of high unemployment, high deficits, and despair.

The firms that expand through building infastructure shirnk once the infastructure is done being built or having money spent on improving it. It is not a permanent fix to borrow money from other nations to spend on our infastructure. This fact erases any sustainable tax revenues from work on infastructure.

So, a bunch of firms built the interstate highway system.

Did building the interstate highway system not increase economic growth for every firm that benefits from the highway system?

Did the firms that built arms for WW2 not increase economic activity after WW2?

Your avatar of our president is the most dis respect full thing I have ever seen.
Its childish
It only adds to the proof of how dis functional the president and his supporters are

My avatar is a logo of the Texas Longhorns on top of the Oklahoma Sooners. I have no idea why you repeatedly claim it's a reference to our president.

You are the most fucking dense poster in a very crowded field on this site.
Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act of 2009 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It allowed an extension of the statute of limitations. Thus in a sense it did require equal pay.
In any case it is a job killer. Just like the rest of them.
Lol.

Nice try, Rabbi. But you've already proven you are either a serial spammer or a product of rightwing radio.

Extending the repayment period for a violation does not equal requiring equal pay for women...or blacks.

It increases the liability of hiring.

Wrong again. It increases the liability of illegal hiring practices.

and along with the rest of the spam you threw up on the board, it has no relation to job creation - except, of course, among people who partake of illegal hiring practices.

The stimulus was 33% tax cuts
God stop lying
lets not forget that Obama used tarp also
it was 1 trillion dollars, so using that it was close to 25%
American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Why do you say the stimulus bill cost 787 billion if 288 billion of it was tax cuts?

As a supporter of Obama and is policies, it becomes the place Webster sends you for an example of the word desperate
I am sure that a 9th grade level of common sense knows what the point being said meant

What did the stimulus bill cost?

Did it cost 787 billion or not?

Tax cuts pay for themselves!

<see how easy that was? I'm pretty sure the village idiots aren't smart enough to catch on, Carb.>

Lol.

and along with the rest of the spam you threw up on the board, it has no relation to job creation - except, of course, among people who partake of illegal hiring practices.

No actually you are wrong, of course.
Any hiring practice might be illegal given the right judge and jury. No one knows how they will rule. Ergo every hire is potentially an illegal hire. This suppresses the impulse to hire, thus having an effect on job creation.
You fail. Again.

Tax cuts pay for themselves!

<see how easy that was? I'm pretty sure the village idiots aren't smart enough to catch on, Carb.>

You manage to fail at a non-sequitur.
How typical. You can't even get stupid right.

Any hiring practice might be illegal given the right judge and jury.

No, ya see. That's just you making shit up. Again. A wide range of hiring practices based on objective measures are perfectly legal and will never get passed the first legal test.

But you wouldn't understand that because your wed to your list of spam and will now defend it at all costs. Kinda like your claim that "blacks can't lead".

Don't worry, Rabbi. Not everyone on the boards has figured you out yet. Just most of us.

No, ya see. That's just you making shit up. Again. A wide range of hiring practices based on objective measures are perfectly legal and will never get passed the first legal test.

But you wouldn't understand that because your wed to your list of spam and will now defend it at all costs. Kinda like your claim that "blacks can't lead".

Don't worry, Rabbi. Not everyone on the boards has figured you out yet. Just most of us.

No one sets out to create illegal hiring practices. That might shock you because youv'e never been hired for anything before.
Illegal is determined only after a trial. Until then any practice might be illegal.
Others have figured out I am smarter,better informed and have more debating skills. When will you?

No one sets out to create illegal hiring practices.

of course they do. now you're just being doubly ignorant.

Here's the very first case to come up in der geugler:
Piggly Wiggly Owner/Operator Sued by EEOC for Race and Gender Discrimination

This message is hidden because 8537 is on your ignore list.

This message appears because Rabbi ran away like a crybaby. Again.

But don't worry, he pulls this shit all the time. He'll be back after he cleans his diaper.

The stimulus bill was 40% tax cuts.

So?
It failed. Period. End of conversation.
Obama, Pelosi and Reid did not say "it will not be successful becuase 40% of it is tax cuts"
To the contrary, they heralded the plan.
And it did nothing that it claimed it would do.

Sure.....some are tossing some numbers of growth around...

But lets be real....if the plan was marketed this way...

"unemployment will still top 10% before it shows signs of recovery"
"there will be a couple of hundred private secotr jobs created over the next 2.5 years"
"unemployment will teeter between 9 and 10% for a minimum of 2.5 years"

I dont think it would have passed.

Thus...it is an utrter failure.

No, you can't prove it failed because you can't prove what would have happened had there been no stimulus.

You believe success is based strictly on the inability to define failure....so then anything is a success to you becuase you will always be able to fall back on the old line "imagine how bad it would have been if we didnt try it"

To me, you have very low standards of success.....and therfore I am not surpirised that you support policies of entitlements....and I now understand why you do not see it as an issue when you give people reason NOT to strive for success.

To me, a failure is declared when your minimum expectations of an action are not met.

The stimulus dd not meet the expectations laid out by the administration and those that supported it.

So, to me, it was a failure.

Ironically, based on your premise....you would continually gamble and lose becuase you will always have the premise of "imagine if we didnt" to fall back on.

That is very dangerous....it prevents you from learning froim mistakes.

Who you are and the way you think was clearly defined by the above post of yours.

But don't worry, he pulls this shit all the time. He'll be back after he cleans his diaper.

Its kills me how they think not listening is some badge of courage.

Its proof they cant handle the truth and upon having it thrust in their face they put their fingers in their ears and scream LLALALALALALALALALALALALALA.

Its why their historically failed ideas still seem smart to them.

Bad and incomplete information in, Bad decisions out.

I cannot put it any better

It’s official: Obama’s job stimulus program failed
TAGS: Examiner editorial failure job stimulus President Barack Obama unemployment rate
COMMENTS (0) SHARE PRINT
By: Examiner Editorial 01/22/11 10:00 PM
Democrats have lambasted Republicans for years for believing in “Voodoo economics.” Well, the evidence is mounting that economic superstition is alive and well in the nation’s political circles, though it has nothing to do with a fondness for tax cuts.

It’s instead the crazy belief that the government can spend its way to prosperity for the rest of us. Analyzing this conclusion, the House Ways and Means Committee recently released a report titled “It’s Official: On Unemployment and Jobs, Democrats’ 2009 Stimulus Was a Huge Failure.”

The Ways and Means report provides a number of striking reminders about the predictions the White House made in January 2009 while urging the passage of their $814 billion Keynesian spending bill. By January 2011, the stimulus bill was supposed to have lowered the unemployment rate to 7 percent. It now stands at 9.4 percent, and the report notes that “the unemployment rate would be 11.3 percent if it included all the ‘invisible unemployed’ — American workers who have simply given up looking for work.” The report also said that the stimulus was supposed to create 3.7 million jobs by now, for a total of 137.6 million jobs in the American economy. Currently, there are 130.7 million jobs. Since the stimulus’ passage, 47 of the 50 states have lost jobs; overall, the private sector has seen 1.8 million jobs disappear.

Note as well that unemployment currently is slightly above what the White House predicted it would be if the Obama stimulus program was not passed as emergency legislation. Any honest assessment of the stimulus has to consider the possibility that flawed economics, kickbacks to unions and other Democratic special interests, corruption and an inefficient bureaucracy simply swallowed all the jobs for which those billions were supposed to pay. In fact, job creation exceeded the White House’s expectations in only one area: The District of Columbia created almost twice as many jobs as the White House anticipated. In other words, thanks to the stimulus, the only area growing new jobs is the federal government.

Read more at the San Francisco Examiner: It

Because a very small percent of the package was actually allocated to programs that grew the economy. Much kept certain jobs afloat in hopes the economy would improve itself enough to maintain them. It didn't and once the money ran out those jobs were lost. Funding to states was cut forcing states to increase taxes and raise prices on things like mass transit. Any miniscule tax breaks that were given to the average American were more than eaten up by increased costs.

Its kills me how they think not listening is some badge of courage.

Its proof they cant handle the truth and upon having it thrust in their face they put their fingers in their ears and scream LLALALALALALALALALALALALALA.

Its why their historically failed ideas still seem smart to them.

Bad and incomplete information in, Bad decisions out.

You can't handle the truth.

Plus interest

Forum List

Back